Shampoo with fin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chimera
    • Aug 2012

I don't know what to think of this product. I think the time that a shampoo stays in your scalp is not enough.

On the other hand, as the molecular wight of finasteride is so small it always gets absorbed in the system, causing the same side effects as oral finasteride (yeah, in fact there's even a study floating around that shows how topical finasteride reduces DHT in blood at the same extent that oral finasteride).

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Originally posted by stilltrying
      Sounds convincing if you put it like that, but since finasteride doesn't block DHT but only the conversion from testosterone to DHT I don't think it would actually be like that. However, topical application of it did appear to be successful in recent research so I do secretly wonder about it. Minoxidil would of course have effect, but I don't see the advantage of a shampoo as opposed to usual topical application.
      In the last Hair Conference in Edinburgh there was talks about topical finasteride which showed to be more effective than oral. The problem was that side effects still persisted. Though to what degree remains to be seen.

In any case, its definitely a good idea to tackle hair loss from every angle possible until a more permanent solution comes out, follicle cloning for example.... wait no, we already have that but Dr. Roland Lauster is too lazy to do anything practical with his successful research for the last THREE YEARS.

Comment

• thechamp
        • Jan 2011

Do you think I would still gain weight with topical fin??

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by thechamp
          Do you think I would still gain weight with topical fin??
          I've never heard of weight gain from finasteride, but I would suspect that topical FIN would have the same side effects as oral, if any, although I think the chances of finasteride going systemic and having as harsh side effects would be lower.

However, think of it this way;

Finasteride works in such a way that it inhibits DHT by a lot, but the half life of Finasteride is supposed to be about 8 hours (and longer in older men I think). So your probably thinking 'well, that means I gotta take FIN quite often'.

Wrong.

DHT is inhibited, yes, but it takes a while for it to come back to baseline after taking finasteride. Its not like its immediately reproduced by your body, hence the fact that it takes a week or so for DHT levels to come back to norm... for some guys even longer.

I suppose you could 'maintain' your hair taking small doses of FIN infrequently and lessen the side effects to a small degree.

Whatever that outcome is though, I'd much rather be on CB-03-01 as the results from Cosmo's studies completely shatter anything Finasteride's EVER done for anyone.

Comment

• thechamp
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
            I've never heard of weight gain from finasteride, but I would suspect that topical FIN would have the same side effects as oral, if any, although I think the chances of finasteride going systemic and having as harsh side effects would be lower.

However, think of it this way;

Finasteride works in such a way that it inhibits DHT by a lot, but the half life of Finasteride is supposed to be about 8 hours (and longer in older men I think). So your probably thinking 'well, that means I gotta take FIN quite often'.

Wrong.

DHT is inhibited, yes, but it takes a while for it to come back to baseline after taking finasteride. Its not like its immediately reproduced by your body, hence the fact that it takes a week or so for DHT levels to come back to norm... for some guys even longer.

I suppose you could 'maintain' your hair taking small doses of FIN infrequently and lessen the side effects to a small degree.

Whatever that outcome is though, I'd much rather be on CB-03-01 as the results from Cosmo's studies completely shatter anything Finasteride's EVER done for anyone.
            well I'm tossing up the idea of giving it a go topically and see what sides i get!!

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Here's some results of taking finasteride, look at the bottom charts for results. 10mg/month seem to work pretty good (thats 2.5mg/week, or 1mg pill two to three times a week).

Comment

• thechamp
                • Jan 2011

Here's some results of taking finasteride, look at the bottom charts for results. 10mg/month seem to work pretty good (thats 2.5mg/week, or 1mg pill two to three times a week).

I have tried once a week I still get fat estrogen build up in my stomach, I just wanted to know if topical fin would do the same as oral!

Comment

• hellouser
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by thechamp
                  I have tried once a week I still get fat estrogen build up in my stomach, I just wanted to know if topical fin would do the same as oral!
                  You'd have to try and see!

Personally, I think if you want a topical solution you should get on CB-03-01 as its far more effective than FIN without the sides.

Comment

• JulioGP
                    • Feb 2013

hellouser,

Intersting but, these charts are the result of oral finasteride, no? Do not know if systemic absorption would be exactly the same as the oral dose.

Comment

• habemus
                      • Jul 2013

gentlemen,

You who know my case the photos (CG 210), advise the use of Polaris NR 02 to improve and maintain my result?

Comment

• stilltrying
                        • Jul 2013

Interesting graphs! It's not all about finasteride though. Only the 5mg/day is finasteride (the graphs with many fluctuations) and the others are dutasteride. It's interesting to see how dutasteride has way fewer fluctuations and how much time it takes for DHT levels to get back to the baseline levels after discontinuation. Do you have a source?

More on topic: this shampoo could indeed be an interesting addition, but with non-approved medical shampoos I'm always a bit suspicious about the vehicles used. Not always justified, I know.

P.S. I think it's cool how you have not entirely turned against finasteride even though you yourself suffered side effects from it.

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by stilltrying
                          Interesting graphs! It's not all about finasteride though. Only the 5mg/day is finasteride (the graphs with many fluctuations) and the others are dutasteride. It's interesting to see how dutasteride has way fewer fluctuations and how much time it takes for DHT levels to get back to the baseline levels after discontinuation. Do you have a source?

More on topic: this shampoo could indeed be an interesting addition, but with non-approved medical shampoos I'm always a bit suspicious about the vehicles used. Not always justified, I know.

P.S. I think it's cool how you have not entirely turned against finasteride even though you yourself suffered side effects from it.
                          I dont remember where I got the graph, I may have it bookmarked on my personal laptop though (im at work now).

I've never argued finasteride's efficacy, it definitely does work and can work VERY well for some men, however its still a stone age drug that has the risk of some very serious sexual side effects. I've never taken it though. The shampoo I'd like to try though.

Comment

• stilltrying
                            • Jul 2013

I dont remember where I got the graph, I may have it bookmarked on my personal laptop though (im at work now).
                            Alright, would be cool if you could look that up later!

I've never argued finasteride's efficacy, it definitely does work and can work VERY well for some men, however its still a stone age drug that has the risk of some very serious sexual side effects. I've never taken it though. The shampoo I'd like to try though.
                            Yeah I agree and share your emotions completely. It has yet to be seen whether the topical finasteride is also absorbed systematically or whether the decreased serum DHT is a consequence of fewer residue DHT from the hair follicles. I'm on the verge of taking finasteride now time is really starting to count for me, since many men also seem to get away without side effects. I may as well try the shampoo first though.

Comment

• thechamp
                              • Jan 2011

Well hopefully I can avoid the weight gain side effect going topical fin

Comment

Working...