+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Don't know what to make of this product, need more info.

hello , how much is it for one shampoo ? somebody knows? i checked on ebay but i cannot find. thanks a lot.

Hmm..... this along with Min New York hair products could be better than regular shitty hair products.

I mean, you'd basically end up battling AGA from every angle.

Think about it:

DHT blockers in shampoo, styling gel/paste with DHT blockers throughout the day only to go to bed and apply topical treatments again that inhibit DHT.

Makes perfect sense. I might actually buy the shampoo.

Where can we buy it wonder if there still making it?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    DHT blockers in shampoo, styling gel/paste with DHT blockers throughout the day only to go to bed and apply topical treatments again that inhibit DHT.
    Sounds convincing if you put it like that, but since finasteride doesn't block DHT but only the conversion from testosterone to DHT I don't think it would actually be like that. However, topical application of it did appear to be successful in recent research so I do secretly wonder about it. Minoxidil would of course have effect, but I don't see the advantage of a shampoo as opposed to usual topical application.

I don't know what to think of this product. I think the time that a shampoo stays in your scalp is not enough.

On the other hand, as the molecular wight of finasteride is so small it always gets absorbed in the system, causing the same side effects as oral finasteride (yeah, in fact there's even a study floating around that shows how topical finasteride reduces DHT in blood at the same extent that oral finasteride).

Quote Originally Posted by stilltrying View Post
    Sounds convincing if you put it like that, but since finasteride doesn't block DHT but only the conversion from testosterone to DHT I don't think it would actually be like that. However, topical application of it did appear to be successful in recent research so I do secretly wonder about it. Minoxidil would of course have effect, but I don't see the advantage of a shampoo as opposed to usual topical application.
    In the last Hair Conference in Edinburgh there was talks about topical finasteride which showed to be more effective than oral. The problem was that side effects still persisted. Though to what degree remains to be seen.

In any case, its definitely a good idea to tackle hair loss from every angle possible until a more permanent solution comes out, follicle cloning for example.... wait no, we already have that but Dr. Roland Lauster is too lazy to do anything practical with his successful research for the last THREE YEARS.

Do you think I would still gain weight with topical fin??

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Do you think I would still gain weight with topical fin??
    I've never heard of weight gain from finasteride, but I would suspect that topical FIN would have the same side effects as oral, if any, although I think the chances of finasteride going systemic and having as harsh side effects would be lower.

However, think of it this way;

Finasteride works in such a way that it inhibits DHT by a lot, but the half life of Finasteride is supposed to be about 8 hours (and longer in older men I think). So your probably thinking 'well, that means I gotta take FIN quite often'.

Wrong.

DHT is inhibited, yes, but it takes a while for it to come back to baseline after taking finasteride. Its not like its immediately reproduced by your body, hence the fact that it takes a week or so for DHT levels to come back to norm... for some guys even longer.

I suppose you could 'maintain' your hair taking small doses of FIN infrequently and lessen the side effects to a small degree.

Whatever that outcome is though, I'd much rather be on CB-03-01 as the results from Cosmo's studies completely shatter anything Finasteride's EVER done for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I've never heard of weight gain from finasteride, but I would suspect that topical FIN would have the same side effects as oral, if any, although I think the chances of finasteride going systemic and having as harsh side effects would be lower.

However, think of it this way;

Finasteride works in such a way that it inhibits DHT by a lot, but the half life of Finasteride is supposed to be about 8 hours (and longer in older men I think). So your probably thinking 'well, that means I gotta take FIN quite often'.

Wrong.

DHT is inhibited, yes, but it takes a while for it to come back to baseline after taking finasteride. Its not like its immediately reproduced by your body, hence the fact that it takes a week or so for DHT levels to come back to norm... for some guys even longer.

I suppose you could 'maintain' your hair taking small doses of FIN infrequently and lessen the side effects to a small degree.

Whatever that outcome is though, I'd much rather be on CB-03-01 as the results from Cosmo's studies completely shatter anything Finasteride's EVER done for anyone.
    well I'm tossing up the idea of giving it a go topically and see what sides i get!!