+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Are HTs a waste of time?

Get a HT today, lose more hair tommorow. A temporary fix to a progressive problem.

What options do HL suffers have if they cant tolerate propecia?

Its not always progressive. My grandfather became an NW2-3 between 20 and 30 years of age and stayed that way until he died at 77 years. I seem to be exhibiting the exact same hair loss pattern (hair loss started at the same age, same hairline)

I'm hoping that a combination of CB-03-01 and scarless, hair doubling transplant procedures will be a solution to this.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Get a HT today, lose more hair tommorow. A temporary fix to a progressive problem.

What options do HL suffers have if they cant tolerate propecia?
    That is why if you get a HT you are told to start using Fin and/or Minox.

I won't personally touch hair transplants until...

1. there's a procedure with proven donor regeneration (or replicating, doubling etc) of some sort.
    2. there are better treatments that can halt hair loss of the remaining vulnerable-to-DHT hairs far better than Fin, or even Dut.

Ideally both. Point 1 is more important of the two, IMO.

If fin works for you then transplant can be a life changer...if you can't take fin then dont even bother a transplant..simple.

I think HT's are a great idea if you have good donor, limited recipient and are committed to taking finasteride. If not, then bad. A stable hair loss pattern and a good donor will lend greatly to a big strip procedure.

But really, for most men, catching hair loss reasonably early + finasteride + HT will be enough, and due to the fin, they may never reach their final pattern.

look at cases like jotronic and bobman....these guys went from nw6 to nw2.5's using STRIP method, no donor regeneration....imagine what could be done if we get donor regeneration (not just net regeneration) at 50%+....we could see some very, very impressive results.

I've got my first FUE scheduled for february 2014 with one of Europe's top surgeon and I can't take finasteride because I'm gyno-prone.

I'm already NW5 just like my father is now at 51 years old. The surgeon agreed to restore the front half of my scalp only. I saw Bisanga a few weeks ago and he told me I shouldn't do that because he think I will not be happy without hair at my crown. I already have no hair at my crown, and I'm not happy. **** it, it's a FUE or nothing for me.

I know I have one of the most agressive hair loss possible (started balding at 17, never receded, all equally diffuse over the NW5). I'll be 24 by the time I have the transplant and I'm totally bald, so of course it makes it easier than if I was NW3 at that young age.

Some hair (as long as it's done by a top surgeon and it looks natural) is always better than no hair at all, always. I know a lot of sufferers would only be happy if they got their teenage hair line back. That's not what I want, I just want a frame to my face. So I don't think hair transplants are a waste of time, it's currently the only option possible to allow people to recover the apperance of hair (that and rugs of course).

I hate the praise that 35 years old NW3 hair transplant patients who take finasteride get on some hair restoration forums. And real sufferers like me get patronized for not taking finasteride (while they made it clear they can't take it) and for wanting a FUE at such a young age.

If someone like Wayne Rooney, a 27 year old guy (to whom money is no object) drops some serious coin on a HT and ends up looking like this....

...then yes, I would probably think they are a waste of time.