Are HTs a waste of time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fred970
    • Nov 2009

I will create a follow-up topic on several websites like hairlossexperience, ************ and on this board next year .

By the way, we know at hairlossexperiences that Rooney just had his second FUE and it seems to be going well. Those pictures were taken right after the procedure, of course he will look like that. People shound't shun hair transplants just because they can't afford them.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Chromeo
      If someone like Wayne Rooney, a 27 year old guy (to whom money is no object) drops some serious coin on a HT and ends up looking like this....

...then yes, I would probably think they are a waste of time.
      Jesus Christ of all heavens.

I think hair loss really affected his career - the guy was like Gascoigne in his prime before he cared about hair loss.

Comment

• KO1
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fred970
        I will create a follow-up topic on several websites like hairlossexperience, ************ and on this board next year .

By the way, we know at hairlossexperiences that Rooney just had his second FUE and it seems to be going well. Those pictures were taken right after the procedure, of course he will look like that. People shound't shun hair transplants just because they can't afford them.
        Hair transplant network is also good for posting HT results, and it is primarily focused on HT's as opposed to "cutting edge treatments".

Note, I am not encouraging users to join any other forums. All opinions expressed are of KO1 only.

Comment

• sausage
          • Jan 2012

Based on hearing a lot of negative things about hair transplants and the fact that they are not guaranteed to work, and if they don't work the clinics still keep your money.......at those prices it is a risk, you could end up £15,000 out of pocket with a massive scar on the back of you head and no new hair.

This is my main issue with it, if it was guaranteed to work or your money back then I'd be ok with it....well FUE anyway.

I have been on SMP related forums and there are so many people on them who have had failed hair transplants.......I don't want to be one of these people.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by sausage
            Based on hearing a lot of negative things about hair transplants and the fact that they are not guaranteed to work, and if they don't work the clinics still keep your money.......at those prices it is a risk, you could end up £15,000 out of pocket with a massive scar on the back of you head and no new hair.

This is my main issue with it, if it was guaranteed to work or your money back then I'd be ok with it....well FUE anyway.

I have been on SMP related forums and there are so many people on them who have had failed hair transplants.......I don't want to be one of these people.
            That's because these people go to shitty hair transplant surgeons...

show me a failed ht from hasson and wong, dr. cole, dr. wesley, dr. gho, dr. shapiro or anyone of that stature.

Comment

• sausage
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
              That's because these people go to shitty hair transplant surgeons...

show me a failed ht from hasson and wong, dr. cole, dr. wesley, dr. gho, dr. shapiro or anyone of that stature.
              Possibly true. Sorry but I don't know the failure rate of IAHRS surgeons, unfortunately, and I doubt you do either.

I have tried contacting a few people on those sites who have had failed HT's and got one reply so far, simply saying he went to a 'Top' surgeon.

Comment

• burtandernie
                • Nov 2012

The thing MPB needs more then anything is a way to stop MPB from progressing because without that its a never ending battle your always going to lose. Nothing we have currently like propecia or even dut is perfect most people still slowly lose.

Comment

• didi
                  • Nov 2011

Another problem is that its almost impossible to successfully sue HT clinic over 'bad results', 'lack of growth' or whatever you wanna call it

clinics know this very well, its always patient who have unrealistic expectations...

Comment

• rdawg
                    • Jun 2012

I think a minor one may be worth it, say something like a density builder or if youre just looking for a small boost.

but the cost for me is just far too much, I'm around a NW3, it would cost me at least 8000 bucks to fill in my hair, and thats without great density.

if i was rich I'd surely do it, but i think i'll just sit on fin and experiment with a few things, my hairloss seems to be stable so I have some time to wait for something better!

Comment

Working...