+ Reply to Thread

Default HST/Pilofocus/Donor Doubling

Well boys, a lot has changed in the past few months and a lot more is going to be changing in the months to come.

We have figured out that HST isn't all it's cracked up to be, with actual regeneration of hairs being much lower than 80%.

We have figured out that Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus technique could possibly have "substantial, consistent" donor regeneration and it is COMPLETELY scarless. Since he has even mentioned that he has seen donor regeneration leads me to believe there is a good chance that this "anecdotal" evidence is pretty concrete, I don't know why he would mention it and get people's hopes up if he wasn't sure about it, but who knows....I have high hopes for this technique. We will know more after he presents at the hair conference in October. (I believe Nigam is presenting too)

We have heard more and more from Dr. Nigam about his donor doubling technique which we are going to know the legitimacy of by December of this year when two things happen: 1 we see a case of a nw7 turned nw2 (that doctor Nigam claims he will have done) and 2 we will know if Dr. Mwamba decides that donor doubling is legit and begins performing doubling in his own practice. We will know a lot more about the Dr. Mwamba side of things after Dr. Nigam and him meet in September.

I have decided to wait and see how this all plays out before I have my treatment done with Dr. Gho, so as of now I have put it on hold until I know all of what is going on after these other treatments are sorted out.

ftl

smart move,

Dr Mwamba offering donor doubling will sell like a hot cake, he is one of the best fue doctors in the world
    Pilofocus is another one, im almost certain it will work but unless we get real regeneration it will still be somewhat limited

Next 6 months will be crucial for HT industry,

it was about time

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    ftl

smart move,

Dr Mwamba offering donor doubling will sell like a hot cake, he is one of the best fue doctors in the world
    Pilofocus is another one, im almost certain it will work but unless we get real regeneration it will still be somewhat limited

Next 6 months will be crucial for HT industry,

it was about time
    Completely agree, Mwamba will be booked out so far in advance if donor doubling is what Nigam claims..it would spread like wildfire through different surgeons as well...

but yeah, even if Pilofocus is 50% regeneration continuously I think that will be great option...also, Pilofocus expands the donor area...so you're already getting more than traditional transplants...I have high hopes in Pilofocus, I hope Dr. Wesley comes through with good regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Completely agree, Mwamba will be booked out so far in advance if donor doubling is what Nigam claims..it would spread like wildfire through different surgeons as well...

but yeah, even if Pilofocus is 50% regeneration continuously I think that will be great option...also, Pilofocus expands the donor area...so you're already getting more than traditional transplants...I have high hopes in Pilofocus, I hope Dr. Wesley comes through with good regeneration.
    Do you think pilofocus could expand the donor area in one shot beyond Gho is capable of? Say, instead of a traditional 1,600-1,800 graft procedure we could get 2,500?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Do you think pilofocus could expand the donor area in one shot beyond Gho is capable of? Say, instead of a traditional 1,600-1,800 graft procedure we could get 2,500?
    The only guy who could answer that is Dr. Wesley and I don't think he even knows yet...that's why he decided to do another clinic trial, to get these regeneration figures and make sure he can do it continuously.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Well boys, a lot has changed in the past few months and a lot more is going to be changing in the months to come.

We have figured out that HST isn't all it's cracked up to be, with actual regeneration of hairs being much lower than 80%.

We have figured out that Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus technique could possibly have "substantial, consistent" donor regeneration and it is COMPLETELY scarless. Since he has even mentioned that he has seen donor regeneration leads me to believe there is a good chance that this "anecdotal" evidence is pretty concrete, I don't know why he would mention it and get people's hopes up if he wasn't sure about it, but who knows....I have high hopes for this technique. We will know more after he presents at the hair conference in October. (I believe Nigam is presenting too)

We have heard more and more from Dr. Nigam about his donor doubling technique which we are going to know the legitimacy of by December of this year when two things happen: 1 we see a case of a nw7 turned nw2 (that doctor Nigam claims he will have done) and 2 we will know if Dr. Mwamba decides that donor doubling is legit and begins performing doubling in his own practice. We will know a lot more about the Dr. Mwamba side of things after Dr. Nigam and him meet in September.

I have decided to wait and see how this all plays out before I have my treatment done with Dr. Gho, so as of now I have put it on hold until I know all of what is going on after these other treatments are sorted out.
    Has Dr. Wesley given a timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by LT56 View Post
    Has Dr. Wesley given a timeline?
    Yes, he is presenting the technique to other doctors this October and it is supposed to be available to the general public in mid 2014.