+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Minoxidil+dermaroller

Hi, I haven't see this already posted in here, so here I go (if this has indeed already been posted in here then please delete this thread):

http://www.ijtrichology.com/article....;aulast=Dhurat

It is an study about the use of dermaroller along minoxidili as a potential treatment against aga. It looks awesome.

It is new, it was published just a week ago.

Just started using one a week ago!

I must say, it stings a bit but overall makes my hair feel a bit better. Not sure if it will do much as Ive been on Minoxidil for like two years now without the dermaroller.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post

I must say, it stings a bit but overall makes my hair feel a bit better. Not sure if it will do much as Ive been on Minoxidil for like two years now without the dermaroller.
    It shouldn't sting, read the study, participants didn't apply minox the day they used the dermaroller

I don't think this has anything to do with absorption like many always thought, this has to bee more along the line of what Follica is studying

Impressive number, hope people take this seriously

rdawg whereabouts did you purchase this from?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    It shouldn't sting, read the study, participants didn't apply minox the day they used the dermaroller

I don't think this has anything to do with absorption like many always thought, this has to bee more along the line of what Follica is studying

Impressive number, hope people take this seriously
    Yeah, you're right, in the study there's no mention about absorption, it talks about release of platelet derived growth factor, activation of stem cells, and inducing overexpression of or, B catenin, Wnt3a, and Wnt10 b.

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    Yeah, you're right, in the study there's no mention about absorption, it talks about release of platelet derived growth factor, activation of stem cells, and inducing overexpression of or, B catenin, Wnt3a, and Wnt10 b.
    Ok what does this mean for the Layman? It's a different way of absorbing the minoxidil?

Quote Originally Posted by JDW View Post
    rdawg whereabouts did you purchase this from?
    thanks
    just got one off ebay bud, it was around 10 bucks

I'd say it's worth the purchase just to add to what could work for us.

Could someone clarify this method for me? Seriously considering it. Can it be done with hair on your head or do you have to be shaved?

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Could someone clarify this method for me? Seriously considering it. Can it be done with hair on your head or do you have to be shaved?
    I don't think you have to shave your head. They shave the head of the participants in the study at the beginning but it was just to ensure that everybody started with the same hair length so they could make a better evaluation and comparison between both groups.

Quote Originally Posted by JDW View Post
    Ok what does this mean for the Layman? It's a different way of absorbing the minoxidil?
    No, it is not a different way of absorbing minoxidil, dermaroller is supposed to work through a whole different route than minoxidil. According to the study, in healthy scalps the transition of telogen follicles into anagen is mediated through the activation of wnt/beta-catenin/lef1, shh, and STS3 pathways. In people with AGA, dihidrotestosterone enters the follicle through the dermal papilla capillaries and binds to the androgen receptor within the dermal papilla cells supressing stimulary pathways (the ones I mentioned before) and, at the same time, up-regulating suppressing pathways (dkk1, BMP 4) which promote premature transition of hair follicles from anagen phase to telogen phase and follicular miniaturization.

Dermarollign then, would work increasing the "good pathways", the one that promotes hair growth.

just got one off ebay bud, it was around 10 bucks

I'd say it's worth the purchase just to add to what could work for us.
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    No, it is not a different way of absorbing minoxidil, dermaroller is supposed to work through a whole different route than minoxidil. According to the study, in healthy scalps the transition of telogen follicles into anagen is mediated through the activation of wnt/beta-catenin/lef1, shh, and STS3 pathways. In people with AGA, dihidrotestosterone enters the follicle through the dermal papilla capillaries and binds to the androgen receptor within the dermal papilla cells supressing stimulary pathways (the ones I mentioned before) and, at the same time, up-regulating suppressing pathways (dkk1, BMP 4) which promote premature transition of hair follicles from anagen phase to telogen phase and follicular miniaturization.

Dermarollign then, would work increasing the "good pathways", the one that promotes hair growth.
    Nice one man, thanks for the summary. So these results look encouraging? I wonder why more people aren't making a fuss over this?