+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Have the finasteride in my hand. Now Im scared to take it.

Hello all. I went to my urologist today for a check up. He wrote me fin in the past and I never took it. Well today I went in and we checked my bladder about a pre existing condition and then he wrote me another script. Like he said the first time he prescribed it he never had any patients with major sides. This is an urologist so he prescribes a lot of it. So now I have the Fin in my hand and like an idiot I went watch on youtube this guy with this horrific sides from fin. I thought at first he was a proponent of Fin, but now I know he is clearly not. His user name is vvdv82 and he clearly has a lot of knowledge on DHT and other things. Also my doctor sent me to a place to get my bloodwork done for my testosterone. He said I may need to be on testosterone Replacement therapy. I have no clue why, but I know he is a big fan of it. I have no problem with erections or sex or anything. I am 27 and I had sex four times the other day. I dont know man. I am upset about this fear of sides.

F it. Im still trying it.

Don't take it! Finasteride is a stone age treatment sold by evil corporations to turn men into sterile drug mules with boobs!!!

You will lose your penis, you will lose your brain. Then you will become gay. Unless you were already gay, in which case you'll become straight.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Don't take it! Finasteride is a stone age treatment sold by evil corporations to turn men into sterile drug mules with boobs!!!

You will lose your penis, you will lose your brain. Then you will become gay. Unless you were already gay, in which case you'll become straight.
    ^^^ This.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Hello all. I went to my urologist today for a check up. He wrote me fin in the past and I never took it. Well today I went in and we checked my bladder about a pre existing condition and then he wrote me another script. Like he said the first time he prescribed it he never had any patients with major sides. This is an urologist so he prescribes a lot of it. So now I have the Fin in my hand and like an idiot I went watch on youtube this guy with this horrific sides from fin. I thought at first he was a proponent of Fin, but now I know he is clearly not. His user name is vvdv82 and he clearly has a lot of knowledge on DHT and other things. Also my doctor sent me to a place to get my bloodwork done for my testosterone. He said I may need to be on testosterone Replacement therapy. I have no clue why, but I know he is a big fan of it. I have no problem with erections or sex or anything. I am 27 and I had sex four times the other day. I dont know man. I am upset about this fear of sides.

Just take less than .25 mg if possible, then take it after 3 days same dosage. Next two weeks, start taking .25 mg daily or every other day. You don't need a lot of Fin for it to be effective. See how you do with that amount? Some people don't have sides and other have too many. I had sides the first week i took it so i should have stopped then. I took it for a year worked great for my hair but the sides were too much i just dropped it altogether. Remember dht is not enemy.

Your Testosterone levels might be below baseline. I would do thyroid, DHT and Estrogen levels check with lab work. DHT is responsible for hair loss mostly. If you take fin it might increase your Testosterone levels by 10%. Typical response due to inability to turn into DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Hey mate,

It's your choice if you take it. I personally had a horrible experience, I mean shit seriously screwed me up for a bit.

Just take it dont be scared.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Just take it dont be scared.
    sure rush into it for your hairs sakes, but totally not worth it before you get a hormonal panel done first. That shit will shrivel your junk up and make you impotent while your on it.

Thanks everyone. I have a hormone test scheduled for Thursday, and I will get one every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    sure rush into it for your hairs sakes, but totally not worth it before you get a hormonal panel done first. That shit will shrivel your junk up and make you impotent while your on it.
    2 and half years and no sides. You my friend are overreacting. Half the time people read all the negative comments on propecia and believe everything before even trying it.