+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I don't think anyone should be advising someone to take this drug without stating the risks.

I have heard several people experience different side effects so it is at your own risk.

I took it for 6 months, did nothing for me. Glad I stopped taking them as god knows what damage they do.

Even a minor drug like Ibuprofen if taken regularly can screw you over so long term taking Fin twice a day every day for years and years cannot be good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I don't think anyone should be advising someone to take this drug without stating the risks.

I have heard several people experience different side effects so it is at your own risk.
    This. And yet we see totally unqualified people pushing drugs onto vulnerable young men who think a disclaimer provides legal immunity. Why isn't this industry better regulated?

Do not worry too much as 1mg a day of the 5mg prostate treatment is very small dose i have used up to 5mgs a day and am now back on the dual dht drug dutasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    Do not worry too much as 1mg a day of the 5mg prostate treatment is very small dose i have used up to 5mgs a day and am now back on the dual dht drug dutasteride.
    Hi doke, are you on dutasteride due to age related issues may I ask?

hi jc yes i am in a way as my gp new about my hair loss worries and was lucky he supported me as i did have a slight leakage problem after urinating but as said was on proscar which i either cut in half and took every other day od cut in fours.
    I was on dutas a while ago and found that 0.5mgs a day helped me better in the hair loss battle as you may in my other post im on a trial of kevins regrime and only into week three of the topical and orals.

There are people on this board claiming an herbal shampoo is wrecking their hormones. There are others taking worthless pills have been proven to have no effect on hormones who claim they made their dicks shrink. And there are still others who claim severe sexual side effects from minoxidil and various shampoos. Take what you read online with a grain of salt.

Thats the problem with miss information there maybe people as with all meds even natural products oral that is that can get side effects i had that with the drug flomax so my gp took me off it,but as with finas and dutast im ok.
    I would not think topicals are so bad for side effects as oral though and spencer has been on finast many years and minoxidil.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post

I took it for 6 months, did nothing for me. Glad I stopped taking them as god knows what damage they do.

Even a minor drug like Ibuprofen if taken regularly can screw you over so long term taking Fin twice a day every day for years and years cannot be good for you.
    If you only took it for 6 months you can not know if it was working for you. Not enough time.

I agree there is risk involved but, when it comes to fighting a genetic condition like this, you have to take risks. Meds, surgery, etc

Edit- Or just let nature take its course. But most people who are comfortable with that do not use hair loss forums

You could try a topical antiandrogen like spiro cream 5% wholesale hair loss products where i got mine you can apply after minoxidil has dried twice a day.

sorry not trying to advertise its just that they were not too expensive,theres also topicle dutasteride 0.5% lotion and finasteide lotion but i think spiro cream is a good thing to try first.