+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So tell me, why would a 20 yr old be more susceptible to sides? "different hormone levels" is not an answer. You're quick to criticize our "lack of knowledge", but once you start getting questioned you're going to go silent.

Yes, I state it very clearly, there is no need for hormonal testing prior to fin. UNLESS you're trying to uncover an extant problem that you already had. But that has nothing to do with fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Just curious but, what would the hormone levels be able to tell us? and how would it help in avoiding PFS?
    My question as well!

There is likely an extremely specific reason for side effects that if they were to actually attempt figure it out, it'd become obvious.

Something like improper androgen conversion by 5AR in the first place so when you take away some of what it produces that IS good, it hinders the bodies hormonal responses in general.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    So tell me, why would a 20 yr old be more susceptible to sides? "different hormone levels" is not an answer. You're quick to criticize our "lack of knowledge", but once you start getting questioned you're going to go silent.

Yes, I state it very clearly, there is no need for hormonal testing prior to fin. UNLESS you're trying to uncover an extant problem that you already had. But that has nothing to do with fin.
    Awkward that I'm not going silent on this. There is a "happy" ratio between the levels of testosterone and DHT. If DHT is too low in relation to testosterone, lowering it might cause problems.

Many men are getting hormone tests and determining that it is not a good idea to mess with what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Based on the fact their hormone levels are not the same.

The hormone "profile" of a 20 year old will be vastly different to a man of 60. And yet we treat them all exactly the same!

There's such lack of knowledge and concern about all of this and I suspect one day we'll look back and wonder how this wasn't taken more seriously. All we hear on these forums is "pop this pill and you'll be fine!".

No need for standard tests? Guess you're not the one receiving emails from anxious men worried they have totally screwed up their sexual health for life.

Safety first.
    I definitely agree it needs to be taken more seriously but I'm not sure a blood test would be able to predict susceptibility to sides?
    That's why we need more studies done though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post

Why are you so quick to rule out taking any form of caution or taking prevention measures?
    Even if it's a very small percent of users, alot of peoples lives have been ruined by this drug. That should be enough to at least justify further research into prevention.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Hormone levels play a major role in a persons overall health including hair loss in certain individuals. Maybe in time hormone testing will be required on all individuals at a certain age. Maybe 40 not really sure the exact age that would be appropriate.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

I am 47 and have been on the stuff since January. I had some mild side effects in the beginning for a few weeks and nothing since.

I do think it is important to note that younger guys seem to have a harder time with it from the comments I have read. I would rely on the advice of my doctor and get the blood work done .

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Often it is hit or miss. The only way to find out how you are going to react to a certain medication is to try it. Like all medications it may work well for some but not at all for others.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile