+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by cs2257 View Post
    Thanks for your response.

Is there any tests to determine if I have 'reflex hyperandrogenicity'. Should I get my T levels checked?
    I'm not sure how checking hormone levels will help you really, so I don't think it's necessary.

I don't think RH is even supposed to happen with MPB, if I am not mistaken. I would just wait and see I guess.

In a sense what I mean is that some tissues in the body might raise androgen receptor levels to compensate for reduced DHT, but nothing has shown the same thing happening in the HF - which is shrinking due to androgens unlike the prostate, which is enlarging. I suspect your hair should do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cs2257 View Post
    Should I try lowering my dose? Or will these symptoms likely disappear over time.
    I was taking 1 mg of propecia w/o tapering on for about 3.5 months , and I was having some intrusive sides (itch, oil, etc.). I lowered my dose to .83 mg per day 2 weeks ago and my skin has become very dry and my itch is 95% gone, but I'm still shedding. I'm very mindful of the power that the mind can play with side effects, but I'm a firm believe my lower dose has had a positive impact. Now just time to pray for some future growth, because I have shed probably 40% of my hair.
    Give it a couple weeks at a lower dose--who knows, maybe your body will react better.

It could be folliculitis or dermatitis which is in and of itself an inflammation of the follicle shaft whether the red bumps are ingrown hairs looping back and growing down into the scalp which would mean you would need a warm wash rag to be applied and then perhaps a lancing and tweezing out of the hair trapped inside. Or you might need to apply TSal - or TGel from Neutrogena which has a coal tar which soothes the scalp from inflammation process giving it a chance to heal.