+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone just take finasteride (no minox)?

For those long time users of just fin, did you see any thinning hairs re-thicken up after using the drug for a decent period of time?

I don't expect fin to regrow any hair that is fully lost but am hoping it may be able to thicken up hair that is slightly thinning, what are the chances of this happening?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-08 17.478676.45.jpg

Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	21964  

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    For those long time users of just fin, did you see any thinning hairs re-thicken up after using the drug for a decent period of time?

I don't expect fin to regrow any hair that is fully lost but am hoping it may be able to thicken up hair that is slightly thinning, what are the chances of this happening?
    Your hair looks like mine. I have been taking only fin 1.25mg ED for 11 months. I only lost a lot of density(%40) . I have just added min and ru two weeks ago. but still taking fin.. i think i am a nonresponder to fin

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    Your hair looks like mine. I have been taking only fin 1.25mg ED for 11 months. I only lost a lot of density(%40) . I have just added min and ru two weeks ago. but still taking fin.. i think i am a nonresponder to fin
    that sucks man, I think its rare for fin not to work in most cases but its good you are still taking it.

anyone else have any info on my original question?

Yes but also was using keto 2% shampoo.

No idea what the chances are

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Yes but also was using keto 2% shampoo.
    I should have mentioned I am using nizoral 2% as well. I was wondering how well fin worked without the help of a growth stimulate like s5 cream or minoxidil.

How often do you use keto shampoo per week? Also, in terms of your hair re-thickening, how long did it take, did you notice any shedding at any point from fin?

I am praying it can re-thicken my hairline but if I stay at baseline I will be very happy as well

I should have mentioned I am using nizoral 2% as well. I was wondering how well fin worked without the help of a growth stimulate like s5 cream or minoxidil.

How often do you use keto shampoo per week? Also, in terms of your hair re-thickening, how long did it take, did you notice any shedding at any point from fin?

I am praying it can re-thicken my hairline but if I stay at baseline I will be very happy as well
    Keto frequency varies for me between 1-3x every week. Not sure what the best frequency is, maybe it is different for everyone.

I did have some shedding on fin, mostly in the first 6 months I think, but not drastic. I started noticing improvement maybe around 8-10 months, but I remember it was slightly more than 1 year after starting that I really felt happy with my results. It is what got me out of the house again, back to a more normal life.
    I think peak results were around 15-16 months for me. I think Propecia literature talks about "3-6 months"....in my experience that is very off the mark

hi i have just used finast and also only dutas as well on there own but they did nothing much only when minox was added did i get some success.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    hi i have just used finast and also only dutas as well on there own but they did nothing much only when minox was added did i get some success.
    Where did you apply minox?

What is minox? What is it supposed to do and how effective is it, and is it a pill or a shampoo? Same questions for duta. I'm only using fin right now and I'm thinking of beefing up my regimen but I'm very ignorant on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningHope View Post
    What is minox? What is it supposed to do and how effective is it, and is it a pill or a shampoo? Same questions for duta. I'm only using fin right now and I'm thinking of beefing up my regimen but I'm very ignorant on the subject.
    hi minox is short for topical minoxidil which is a 5% strength or regaine in uk and rogaine in usa.
    And i apply 1ml twice a day all over balding scalp areas.