+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    NW3 and below don't need any new treatments. If they can tolerate fin (or Dut or CB) an HT would set them up very well for many years. Someone less than NW3 can't even be noted as balding.

OTOH, if this treatment is primarily going to be useful for <NW3's who can't tolerate fin, then it's no use to the majority of men losing their hair.

Now if it is primarily to thicken up miniaturized hairs, it could be useful to men whose MPB is still transitioning.
    NW3 and below can't be considered balding? Where do you think balding starts? Do you think guys MAGICALLY become an NW3+ overnight?

While my hair density is high enough not to go noticed as balding, its still relatively thin. Combine that with my lousy hairline and its a pretty lousy site.

Finasteride shouldn't even be on the market considered what it does to mens sexual life. That alone makes it a writeoff of a solution. Quit being complacent with Finasteride, the shit needs to be replaced with something superior.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    NW3 and below can't be considered balding? Where do you think balding starts? Do you think guys MAGICALLY become an NW3+ overnight?

While my hair density is high enough not to go noticed as balding, its still relatively thin. Combine that with my lousy hairline and its a pretty lousy site.

Finasteride shouldn't even be on the market considered what it does to mens sexual life. That alone makes it a writeoff of a solution. Quit being complacent with Finasteride, the shit needs to be replaced with something superior.
    Yes, many people do become a NW3+ overnight. I did. NW2 is a mature hairline and not balding. Hairloss does not progress in a linear fashion from NW1-NW7. NW3 is the lowest state, and can easily be solved with a hair transplant.

Finasteride is a great treatment for hairloss, and every man who is losing his hair should seriously consider it, ideally before that hairloss becomes visible. Side effects are overblown and exaggerated, and it remains THE gold standard for treatment, and nothing has surpassed it yet.

If guys catch it early, the vast majority of men will never need HM/ARI/Replicel. Oh, and those treatments won't stop the progression of hair loss the way fin will. If the treatment is only good for Sub3's, then it's nothing to get excited about.

Nvm

Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    Nvm
    That was a safety trial...that showed to be better than anything we have on the market today PLUS it is going to be improved in the dosage trial.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    That was a safety trial...that showed to be better than anything we have on the market today PLUS it is going to be improved in the dosage trial.
    There was mention that they changed their method as well, an improvement afaik.

I think Replicel's treatment will be great for diffusers...like me actually. In many cases, there are a lot of miniaturized hair shafts that need to be thickened up.

I suspect for men who have thick, but receding hair, it may not be as good. But just a guess.

No RepliCel is supposed to create NEW follicles as well as repair damaged and dormant follicles.

Step 6:

http://www.replicel.com/hair-regener...-preplacement/

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    I think Replicel's treatment will be great for diffusers...like me actually. In many cases, there are a lot of miniaturized hair shafts that need to be thickened up.

I suspect for men who have thick, but receding hair, it may not be as good. But just a guess.
    http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/u...ts_Dec2012.pdf

Here Replicel wrote that their procedure has potential to become PERMANENT solution for hair loss.

So it means that maybe effects of the treatments will not diminish in time

RepliCel is working on "The Cure"

Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/u...ts_Dec2012.pdf

Here Replicel wrote that their procedure has potential to become PERMANENT solution for hair loss.

So it means that maybe effects of the treatments will not diminish in time
    Another reason why finasteride should be a FOOTNOTE in hair loss history.