+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Your belief is wrong.
    And what do you base your opinion on?

So far we haven't seen anything even remotely close to a cure. They grow single hairs all the time. No one was able to create cosmetically significant result yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    And what do you base your opinion on?

So far we haven't seen anything even remotely close to a cure. They grow single hairs all the time. No one was able to create cosmetically significant result yet.
    Lausters work and Tsuji Labs isn't remotely close to a cure?

Wow.

What exactly has Lauster done? We have been hearing about his groundbreaking work for years. Clinical trials? I don't believe he is even focused on AGA, and is focusing on drug delivery via hair follicles.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    What exactly has Lauster done? We have been hearing about his groundbreaking work for years. Clinical trials? I don't believe he is even focused on AGA, and is focusing on drug delivery via hair follicles.
    Lauster's work was aimed at eliminating the need for testing products on animals, thus he created artificial skin WITH hair follicles from stem cells. This was 3 years ago. Basically, he made an endless supply of follicles as well as skin for cosmetic companies to test their products on. He did say plans for clinical trials for hair restoration via follicle creation were under way, but that was also 3 years ago and nobody has heard anything since.

I think everything we have heard about is up in the air one way or another....

Several methods even if they worked would still be prone to DHT. There is nothing to say that anything in progress is capable of creating solid results. Dr Nigam I am afraid to say seems hard to believe because of other things he does.

It is hard for any of us to know what is really happening out there. I personally cannot wait much longer....

I think I will proceed with my research into a hair transplant and may be close to going ahead with it.

Nobody knows when a "cure" or something as good as one is going to be released. I would say realistically in the next 15 years for sure.

That being said, we will have treatments better than minox and propecia in the next 3-5 years...thank god

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Nobody knows when a "cure" or something as good as one is going to be released. I would say realistically in the next 15 years for sure.

That being said, we will have treatments better than minox and propecia in the next 3-5 years...thank god
    What treatments 'better than minox and propecia' are on the way?

I assume you mean topical, pills/oral medication? I have not heard of any such emerging medications to rival both of those.....interesting....

What is the latest on these? Do they regrow hair or just maintain it?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post

For NW5+ its going to be a pretty shit state for a while, but for NW3 and below its definitely an exciting time.

If Tsuji Labs pulls through with the potential benefits of the new regulations, then we should all go out and pop open a LOT of champagne.

NW3 and below don't need any new treatments. If they can tolerate fin (or Dut or CB) an HT would set them up very well for many years. Someone less than NW3 can't even be noted as balding.

OTOH, if this treatment is primarily going to be useful for <NW3's who can't tolerate fin, then it's no use to the majority of men losing their hair.

Now if it is primarily to thicken up miniaturized hairs, it could be useful to men whose MPB is still transitioning.

I think cell implantation based treatments like Nigam, ARI, Replicel are best for men with an active pattern of hair loss, and such a treatment will "shrink" the transition zone. But for really good results, they'll need to take current meds, as Boldy noted, to make the environment less toxic.