+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A few comments.

Default A few comments.

Been working out lately. For three months now; to the point where it's noticeable that I'm bigger, stronger.

I've got medication induced gynecomastia. My chest has gotten 'stronger', per se, but my gyno is in a sense entirely more noticeable with a shirt on.
    [..]
    Especially in profile (from the side). Edit: the pseudo gyno has been pushed out, off the muscle, if you can imagine this.

After going out to a house jam tonight, I've taken away a few comments. I'm fairly wasted btw, and reflecting:

One: someone I feel pointed out my gyno. This might have been in passing, and I might be imagining it. But I feel it's noticeable enough that she commented. I feel it happened.

Two:my bud from a while back, haven't seen him in time. Commented I'm now entirely bigger than him. Maybe in jest, but probably truthfully; this felt good to me. It feels like I'm making positive progress in this regard.

Three:Coworker (fairly fit) hinting she wants to hook up with me, and being fairly flirty. Additionally, feeling guilty I've got a girlfriend, definitely wasted, but clearly is attracted.

I'm shaved head, Nw3 btw.

Four: random girl asking why I shave my head. Diverted the question, or made a joke and continued conversation. Not phased.

As I type this, my girlfriend is lying beside me passed out. Hair loss still plagues my every thought. Well, not every thought, but many of them. I mean, Im writing a fukking confessional to the Bald Truth at 4am. Hm.

I'm not entirely happy with myself. But Im happy with her. And she loves me. (I love her too).

I think too much. I hope we'll one day be cured.

Cheers,
    clandestine

did you try using an aromatase inhibitor to try and reduce gyno? i've seen people on forums use it and they had success in reducing it by a lot.

Aromatase inhibitor? It's a ****ing cancer medication. Side effects include loss of memory... and hair loss. He should go straight into surgery.

Once the gyno is settled, you can't go back. Do you think you can feed girls aromatase inhibitors and see their breats shrink?

Who the **** would point out someone's gyno -- what a douche! You must be imagining it.

Just keep getting bigger and stronger, brother. Better yourself however you can.

My impression is you've been going through this for a while. At this point, I think you're over the hump of hairloss adjustment but just have some residual anxiety.

Stay strong.

Hey man, wait until tomorrow when you're completely sober and then re-assess the potential comment that that person supposedly said to you about gyno. You said yourself that you were pretty wasted so it is possible that you misconstrued things and took their comment the wrong way. I'm ultra-sensitive when it comes to people pointing out my flaws and oftentimes I totally blow out of proportion what people say. And especially when I'm hammered. So re-assess it tomorrow once you're sober. And congrats on the girlfriend, I'm happy for you!

Lets see, you're obviously well built, you have a gf, you have women interested in you, despite being shaved bald. You probably don't belong on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BudskiiHD View Post
    did you try using an aromatase inhibitor to try and reduce gyno? i've seen people on forums use it and they had success in reducing it by a lot.
    I've tried Nolvadex before, results were meh.

Would love to try Raloxifene, but can't get it in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Who the **** would point out someone's gyno -- what a douche! You must be imagining it.

Just keep getting bigger and stronger, brother. Better yourself however you can.

My impression is you've been going through this for a while. At this point, I think you're over the hump of hairloss adjustment but just have some residual anxiety.

Stay strong.
    Yeah, I might be imagining things. In my experience, people have similarly rude things in the last, and as such I'm a little guarded. Maturity is something that is cultured, and doesn't necessarily depend on age.

I've been losing hair since late 17, I'm 21 years old now. Been shaving for a year and a bit now. I'm still not comfortable with myself, or my head shape. I also suffer from anxiety, used to be depressed but not so much anymore. More anxious.

Thanks for the kind words, Big.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Hey man, wait until tomorrow when you're completely sober and then re-assess the potential comment that that person supposedly said to you about gyno. You said yourself that you were pretty wasted so it is possible that you misconstrued things and took their comment the wrong way. I'm ultra-sensitive when it comes to people pointing out my flaws and oftentimes I totally blow out of proportion what people say. And especially when I'm hammered. So re-assess it tomorrow once you're sober. And congrats on the girlfriend, I'm happy for you!
    Hey DBHL,

I can't be sure what was said, you're right. I'm often overly sensitive and supremely self-conscious. I just feel Id be so much better off with hair, but this is mental masturbation.

I find people lose their filter when alcohol is involved, though. The more drunk someone is the more likely they'll make inappropriate comments. This, I know.

Thanks for the support, and the kind words my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Lets see, you're obviously well built, you have a gf, you have women interested in you, despite being shaved bald. You probably don't belong on this forum.
    I'm not that well built. I'm working on it though, as I strive to improve myself in this regard. Some women are interested, others indifferent and others disinterested.

I've never been at such a disadvantage in my life since I've shaved my head at at 19. I'm sorry to say, but its just so uncommon among young people. Don't get me wrong, it's better than rocking long hair NW3; its the lesser of evils.

I also don't appreciate you telling me I don't belong on the forums. But I appreciate you trying to point out the positives.

Cheers,
    cland

Hey Clandestine

Glad to see things are going on an upward curve. All I can say is people can be douche bags. I had a friend one time who kept on repeatedly pointing out how much my hair was thinning (we were in a pub)...I accidentally knocked his drink over his crotch which did make me feel better.

But keep it up, you'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Hey Clandestine

Glad to see things are going on an upward curve. All I can say is people can be douche bags. I had a friend one time who kept on repeatedly pointing out how much my hair was thinning (we were in a pub)...I accidentally knocked his drink over his crotch which did make me feel better.

But keep it up, you'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    aahahahahahahaha