+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A few comments.

Inactive

Hey, clan brah. I don't know much about social dynamics but it sounds like you handled yourself well. Good on you for working out and making the best of your life. I am certain that you will make it no matter which path you venture down. However, do not let your ego be swayed by the female or males that you are in direct competition with. They will hurt you if it is advantageous to them and say malicious things that may not be factually or aesthetically accurate. Only you and anonymous people on the Internet are fair judges of your physical being and your mental essence. Stay the course and you will surely become truly sickening.

Aames, you sikkunt.

Good to hear from you, haven't seen you around lately. All the best, bratha. Hope you're doing well.

People are assholes Clandestine, ignore them. Be glad you have a girlfriend and **** what anybody else thinks! I feel for you man.

I recently went out drinking with a bunch of old friends, after thinking about hair loss all week and being very depressed I was really looking forward to getting drunk and forgetting all about it. I met up with my friends and someone who I hadn't seen in a while just arrived, first thing he said 'Is that (my name)? ****ing hell you were right Fraser, he is going bald!'. This was the first thing he said upon arrival in front of everybody there, ****ing ass hole! I know part of his sense of humour is taking the piss out of people but I was furious, I passed it off lightly and pretended that I wasn't bothered but I was completely dying inside, ruined most of my night...

The worst part was knowing that one of best friends had obviously gone behind my back and had been telling people that I was losing my hair like some kind of pathetic gossip. I brought it up with him that later that night and told him how out of order it was, he agreed, felt bad and apologised but was a shitty experience. A lot of the time people do not even realise how much they are hurting you, but some people however, are just wankers!

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    People are assholes Clandestine, ignore them. Be glad you have a girlfriend and **** what anybody else thinks! I feel for you man.

I recently went out drinking with a bunch of old friends, after thinking about hair loss all week and being very depressed I was really looking forward to getting drunk and forgetting all about it. I met up with my friends and someone who I hadn't seen in a while just arrived, first thing he said 'Is that (my name)? ****ing hell you were right Fraser, he is going bald!'. This was the first thing he said upon arrival in front of everybody there, ****ing ass hole! I know part of his sense of humour is taking the piss out of people but I was furious, I passed it off lightly and pretended that I wasn't bothered but I was completely dying inside, ruined most of my night...

The worst part was knowing that one of best friends had obviously gone behind my back and had been telling people that I was losing my hair like some kind of pathetic gossip. I brought it up with him that later that night and told him how out of order it was, he agreed, felt bad and apologised but was a shitty experience. A lot of the time people do not even realise how much they are hurting you, but some people however, are just wankers!
    I can relate to this, back in the day when the piss taking would bother me (thankfully it doesn't anymore and oddly enough doesn't really happen anymore either, I think because either they can tell I'm not fussed anymore or they got bored telling the same joke or now I'm into my thirties it's not quite so outstanding for me to be receding) but I remember being in a pub when I was 21 with a big table full of friends and one ****y loud mouthed twat decided to announce to the rest of the group my hairline was receding and I remember that crushed inside feeling all too well, soon after that I realized I had to toughen up.
    See people don't realize it but when someone makes a comment they forget they've said anything 5 minutes after saying it, where as you remember it, and those comments start to add up over time and before you know it you have a library of who said what and when built up in your mind.
    After hitting the gym for a while one of the "regular" piss takers got upset when after his comment he made in front of several people I retorted with "at least I haven't got the physique of a 10 year old, your chest is just like a pirates, sunken" and then I continued to stick it to him about how under developed he looked and I'd seen more muscle on a butchers pencil, it then became apparent he was self conscious of it and I hit a nerve, the piss taking from him stopped there and then and it was a great feeling after the many comments I had put up with from him.
    Piss takers often have their own insecurities, once you figure it out and you hit back with them the mickey taking will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    I can relate to this, back in the day when the piss taking would bother me (thankfully it doesn't anymore and oddly enough doesn't really happen anymore either, I think because either they can tell I'm not fussed anymore or they got bored telling the same joke or now I'm into my thirties it's not quite so outstanding for me to be receding) but I remember being in a pub when I was 21 with a big table full of friends and one ****y loud mouthed twat decided to announce to the rest of the group my hairline was receding and I remember that crushed inside feeling all too well, soon after that I realized I had to toughen up.
    See people don't realize it but when someone makes a comment they forget they've said anything 5 minutes after saying it, where as you remember it, and those comments start to add up over time and before you know it you have a library of who said what and when built up in your mind.
    After hitting the gym for a while one of the "regular" piss takers got upset when after his comment he made in front of several people I retorted with "at least I haven't got the physique of a 10 year old, your chest is just like a pirates, sunken" and then I continued to stick it to him about how under developed he looked and I'd seen more muscle on a butchers pencil, it then became apparent he was self conscious of it and I hit a nerve, the piss taking from him stopped there and then and it was a great feeling after the many comments I had put up with from him.
    Piss takers often have their own insecurities, once you figure it out and you hit back with them the mickey taking will stop.

Completely agree, the amount of comments I get about my hair thinning is stupid really. You have to fight fire with fire though and get one back. The above is exactly right. I had a friend who has a mullet (I mean a mullet?!?!?) And I shot him down with that.

Also Kayman, your advice has held up, buzzing to a one every few weeks is working out just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Completely agree, the amount of comments I get about my hair thinning is stupid really. You have to fight fire with fire though and get one back. The above is exactly right. I had a friend who has a mullet (I mean a mullet?!?!?) And I shot him down with that.

Also Kayman, your advice has held up, buzzing to a one every few weeks is working out just fine
    Good for you bud told you once it become your established look people don't look twice and most importantly you become used to it, in the nicest way possible its nice to see you spend less and less time on this forum as you move on but it's good to hear from you when you come back

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    But Im happy with her. And she loves me. (I love her too).
    This is all that matters. You are doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Completely agree, the amount of comments I get about my hair thinning is stupid really.
    I never ever had remarks on my hair, with one exception. I went through a painful period of aggressive diffuse thinning that transformed me directly to NW7 at young age, without passing through the several stages of receding hairline. One day I met an older guy who had not seen me for a really long time. He observed how much I changed, pointing out explicitly the hair loss, but he added that this is not necessarily a bad thing since it enhances the intellectual look. Weird, but this is what he said.

No one of the other people I know made ever a comment about it. If they say/said things behind my back, I cannot know.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Aames, you sikkunt.

Good to hear from you, haven't seen you around lately. All the best, bratha. Hope you're doing well.
    Right back at ya, mate. Glad to see you are doing well. And yeah, I want to start posting more again but I can't access the site from my pc anymore for some reason. Also, it seems to be very dead here (hate to say I told you so but I knew this would happen). My break from here was well-enjoyed. I'm trying not to think and obsess over aesthetics while still pursuing then. This was suggested in one of my cringe-inducing complaint threads and I think it is a very good course of action for me to start enjoying my life.

We're all gonna make it, brah. <3