+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Minox for front hairline? Never thought it was worth it, but now unsure

So I never thought Minox on the front hairline would be worth it, I was worried the initial shed would just destroy what I have now. But now I'm wondering if it might maybe be a good idea. Pretty much my left corner and the very front of my hairline have gotten really thin. Not like miniaturized dead hair thin but long almost diffuse patter thin. Does anyone think some rogaine foam would maybe help thicken them up, buy me maybe half a year to a year where I can still hide my hair loss? I don't care if it doesn't stop the recession but I'd at least like what I have to be thick and not thin and dead looking. Pics so you can asses if it's worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	21957   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	21958   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	21959   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	21960  

I use minox for my hairline and it def works. You will def experience a shed maybe in the 3rd month but dont panic because that means it is working. You seem like you have enough hair for it to help keep and thicken up. Once you shed the hair that comes back is much thicker, but most people panic and dont give it the full go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post
    So I never thought Minox on the front hairline would be worth it, I was worried the initial shed would just destroy what I have now. But now I'm wondering if it might maybe be a good idea. Pretty much my left corner and the very front of my hairline have gotten really thin. Not like miniaturized dead hair thin but long almost diffuse patter thin. Does anyone think some rogaine foam would maybe help thicken them up, buy me maybe half a year to a year where I can still hide my hair loss? I don't care if it doesn't stop the recession but I'd at least like what I have to be thick and not thin and dead looking. Pics so you can asses if it's worth it.
    You should use a topical Anti Androgen for the hairline.. Minox alone can't save your hairline because hairline is under attack by both DHT&T, unless you stop these enemies on the hairline you face a shed&thinning...I recommend RU mixed in KB vehicle(doesn't contain PG) Also use the foam version, liquid minox has PG which causes a greasy layer on the scalp and clog the pores...

I was under the impression RU was really really untested. I don't know if I wanna use something with no real information on side effects. After my issues with propecia I realized risking real heath issues over hair is never worth it. But minox from what I can tell is harmless.

I was under the impression RU was really really untested. I don't know if I wanna use something with no real information on side effects. After my issues with propecia I realized risking real heath issues over hair is never worth it. But minox from what I can tell is harmless.
    It is your decisions, it depens how baldness affects your life, if you don't care just leave it.. but if you depress a lot(like me) you have to take risk and live with the sides...

I had 0 side effect with RU, I had very minor side effect from Finas(Watery semen,tiredness) but it is okay for me... Minox alone never halts your shedding.. Sorry.. It is clear that you have MPB.. You have to block the DHT

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    It is your decisions, it depens how baldness affects your life, if you don't care just leave it.. but if you depress a lot(like me) you have to take risk and live with the sides...

I had 0 side effect with RU, I had very minor side effect from Finas(Watery semen,tiredness) but it is okay for me... Minox alone never halts your shedding.. Sorry.. It is clear that you have MPB.. You have to block the DHT
    Are you still on finas after starting RU? Im on RU right now, no sides, no results; May add fin.

I know minox won't halt the shedding but from what i've gathered it will make the thin shitty miniaturized areas thicker until they just die and fall out giving you at least thick hair with a receded hairline as apposed to a receded hairline that is also thin. I've accepted that I will go bald but I'd like to make it look as good as possible while I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Are you still on finas after starting RU? Im on RU right now, no sides, no results; May add fin.
    Yes i didn't drop finas. Finally i started to see results after a year.. I have added Rogaine Foam, RU, T/Gel just two weeks ago then i see a huge decrease in shedding and seeing a lot thickening... But i am not sure which one works i have added all three at the same time

I know minox won't halt the shedding but from what i've gathered it will make the thin shitty miniaturized areas thicker until they just die and fall out giving you at least thick hair with a receded hairline as apposed to a receded hairline that is also thin. I've accepted that I will go bald but I'd like to make it look as good as possible while I do.
    Why do you choose the easy way you still have a good amount of hair.. You can maintain it seriously.. Don't scare from sides too much..

Why do you choose the easy way you still have a good amount of hair.. You can maintain it seriously.. Don't scare from sides too much..
    I took fin for a while and quit after an erection problem scare. When I quit shit got really really weird. I'm talking no erections for over a month, prostate ache, pelvic ache, no sex drive and I even got blood work done by my doctor and my Testosterone was down 50%(I had earlier blood work to compare it to from before I took the drug) I recovered but I'm not ever doing that again. RU may work but after being scared shitless like that by a tested drug I don't think I'm going to risk anything on an untested one. Minox and Nizoral are pretty much the only things I'm willing to try now.