Minox for front hairline? Never thought it was worth it, but now unsure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jcm800
    • Jan 2011

We're of different opinion's here. Minox most definately does not benefit everyone's hairline. I had a pretty decent hairline, that was thinning granted - i started to use Minox foam - and loved it, was great for styling i found. Until gradually i had very much less to style, it raped my hairline, and after 14 months usage it never returned, tread carefully..

Comment

• Cr779
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
      We're of different opinion's here. Minox most definately does not benefit everyone's hairline. I had a pretty decent hairline, that was thinning granted - i started to use Minox foam - and loved it, was great for styling i found. Until gradually i had very much less to style, it raped my hairline, and after 14 months usage it never returned, tread carefully..
      See this is what has me still on the fence, since with what I got I can hide the loss decently and I just started dating a pretty awesome girl. Don't know if I wanna risk raping my hairline suddenly, that could shock her. If it's gradual then she hopefully won't care by the time it's noticeable.

But the idea of possibly thickening up the whole front is tempting.

Comment

• Buster
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Cr779
        See this is what has me still on the fence, since with what I got I can hide the loss decently and I just started dating a pretty awesome girl. Don't know if I wanna risk raping my hairline suddenly, that could shock her. If it's gradual then she hopefully won't care by the time it's noticeable.

But the idea of possibly thickening up the whole front is tempting.
        The same for me. Every once in a while I get the urge to go out and get Minox, but then I come across a post like this and it puts me off of it.

Comment

• Dan26
          • Jul 2012

Why dont you try it on one side of your hairline or your crown first for a ew months and see how you respond. Some people have no results, some people have a brutal shed then results, others have brutal shed then nothing comes back (which i admit sounds odd), others get growth without a shed, others maintence and/or thickening etc

I am actually in a very similar spot to you bro (can hide hairloss, have a new girl etc). What I'm contemplaiting is starting it on my bad side (lol), so if it gets worse atleast my goodside is still intact. Then if i like results, throw that shit all over my hairline/frontal region.

also if u notice bad shedding, you could always buzz your head and try and grow it out months later after your hair (hopeully) comes back stronger.

Comment

• swingline747
            • Apr 2013

I took fin for a while and quit after an erection problem scare. When I quit shit got really really weird. I'm talking no erections for over a month, prostate ache, pelvic ache, no sex drive and I even got blood work done by my doctor and my Testosterone was down 50%(I had earlier blood work to compare it to from before I took the drug) I recovered but I'm not ever doing that again. RU may work but after being scared shitless like that by a tested drug I don't think I'm going to risk anything on an untested one. Minox and Nizoral are pretty much the only things I'm willing to try now.
            did your sides subside? How long?
            thanks

Comment

• StayThick
              • Oct 2012

For those that claim RU is safe or an option you should explore, I say be aware of potential sides.

Like Propecia, RU can 100% cause disturbing side effects, especially those already sensitive to androgen blockers or experienced issues with Propecia in the past.

I tried RU because balding depresses me even though I had extremely scary sides on Propecia. I had RU sides within the first application (vampire eyes, headache, no morning wood next day, etc).

Stuck it out for 2 weeks and now am offering my Kane RU and KB solution for sale. Couldn't handle the side effects or major eye issues.

I use Minox for the hairline and will say its effectiveness can ware off after extended use. It's helped me, but slowly my hairline is still going. That's why I'm continuously looking for alternative treatments because Rogaine and Nizoral alone will not save your hairline...but it can possibly help.

Comment

• Dan26
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
                For those that claim RU is safe or an option you should explore, I say be aware of potential sides.

Like Propecia, RU can 100% cause disturbing side effects, especially those already sensitive to androgen blockers or experienced issues with Propecia in the past.

I tried RU because balding depresses me even though I had extremely scary sides on Propecia. I had RU sides within the first application (vampire eyes, headache, no morning wood next day, etc).

Stuck it out for 2 weeks and now am offering my Kane RU and KB solution for sale. Couldn't handle the side effects or major eye issues.

I use Minox for the hairline and will say its effectiveness can ware off after extended use. It's helped me, but slowly my hairline is still going. That's why I'm continuously looking for alternative treatments because Rogaine and Nizoral alone will not save your hairline...but it can possibly help.
                Staythick have you considered minoxidle sulphate? Much more potent than regular minox, and if you have no sides on regular minox could be worth trying.

Comment

• StayThick
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
                  Staythick have you considered minoxidle sulphate? Much more potent than regular minox, and if you have no sides on regular minox could be worth trying.
                  I've heard of it, but I don't want to try a stronger version of Minox personally if my collagen has already taken a hit (dark circles, at times puffy eyes, crows feet, and forehead wrinkles). I can deal with that because I got my application down to 1x a day and the puffiness and darkness has decreased. I can do this because I have been using some form of Minox since I was 23 (27 now).

Plus my hair without Minox feels lifeless and thin. I'll take the current good with the bad when it comes to Rogaine...skin issues and all.

However, a stronger version of Minox I'm sure would destroy my skin and age my already aging face even further. Just my gut feeling. Thanks for the recommendation, but yes I have heard of this...

Comment

• Cr779
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by swingline747
                    did your sides subside? How long?
                    thanks
                    Yeah, I'm 100% back to normal now. Test is same as base levels pre fin, erection quality is fine, I have my sex drive back, no more random pains. I'd say it took about 2 and a half months from my last dose before I felt normal again. It was a shitty, shitty time. Lemme tell you, when you're afraid your dick may never work again you realize how un-important hair is in the grand scheme of things. Not that my hair loss doesn't bother me, or that I wouldn't mind improving it. But im never letting something cosmetic get in the way of my health ever again.

If you want you can search for earlier posts of mine I went over my experience in some detail.

Comment

• Cr779
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by StayThick
                      I've heard of it, but I don't want to try a stronger version of Minox personally if my collagen has already taken a hit (dark circles, at times puffy eyes, crows feet, and forehead wrinkles). I can deal with that because I got my application down to 1x a day and the puffiness and darkness has decreased. I can do this because I have been using some form of Minox since I was 23 (27 now).

Plus my hair without Minox feels lifeless and thin. I'll take the current good with the bad when it comes to Rogaine...skin issues and all.

However, a stronger version of Minox I'm sure would destroy my skin and age my already aging face even further. Just my gut feeling. Thanks for the recommendation, but yes I have heard of this...
                      Oh man I never even heard about these eye and skin issues with minox. Maybe it isn't worth it. I mean I was only hoping to hold on another year or two, but I don't think it's worth it if it's gonna give me racoon eyes and wrinkles for life if i do. Considering I already have racoon eyes naturally. One again, thank you genetics...

Comment

• swingline747
                        • Apr 2013

Yeah, I'm 100% back to normal now. Test is same as base levels pre fin, erection quality is fine, I have my sex drive back, no more random pains. I'd say it took about 2 and a half months from my last dose before I felt normal again. It was a shitty, shitty time. Lemme tell you, when you're afraid your dick may never work again you realize how un-important hair is in the grand scheme of things. Not that my hair loss doesn't bother me, or that I wouldn't mind improving it. But im never letting something cosmetic get in the way of my health ever again.

If you want you can search for earlier posts of mine I went over my experience in some detail.
                        that would be cool.

Im actually seeing a urologist today just to be safe.

Comment

Working...