+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post
    I took fin for a while and quit after an erection problem scare. When I quit shit got really really weird. I'm talking no erections for over a month, prostate ache, pelvic ache, no sex drive and I even got blood work done by my doctor and my Testosterone was down 50%(I had earlier blood work to compare it to from before I took the drug) I recovered but I'm not ever doing that again. RU may work but after being scared shitless like that by a tested drug I don't think I'm going to risk anything on an untested one. Minox and Nizoral are pretty much the only things I'm willing to try now.
    Sorry to hear that.. But at least you can give RU a try. It won't hurt you..

Feckkkkkk. Now I'm considering minox for my hair line. I'm cool with my NW.2.5 but watching it thin out is painful.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Feckkkkkk. Now I'm considering minox for my hair line. I'm cool with my NW.2.5 but watching it thin out is painful.
    Exactly, Having a receded hairline aint so bad, but when its all thin and shitty and getting caught in the wrong light lets people see your scalp(not there yet thank god but I know guys who are) its the worst. Look at John C. McGinley in my Avatar, dude is a solid NW3 but with thick as shit hair and looks great.

Minox definitely works on the hairline. I'm reluctant to try Fin purely because of the risk, regardless of how small it is. If you have the foam, it's so easy to apply and is dry within a few minutes, doesn't smell and doesn't really change the texture of your hair. Yeah It's expensive but I just go out one night less a month.

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    You should use a topical Anti Androgen for the hairline.. Minox alone can't save your hairline because hairline is under attack by both DHT&T,
    Where does the idea come from that testosterone miniaturizes hairline follicles? I see this regularly but am not sure where it comes from.

We're of different opinion's here. Minox most definately does not benefit everyone's hairline. I had a pretty decent hairline, that was thinning granted - i started to use Minox foam - and loved it, was great for styling i found. Until gradually i had very much less to style, it raped my hairline, and after 14 months usage it never returned, tread carefully..

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    We're of different opinion's here. Minox most definately does not benefit everyone's hairline. I had a pretty decent hairline, that was thinning granted - i started to use Minox foam - and loved it, was great for styling i found. Until gradually i had very much less to style, it raped my hairline, and after 14 months usage it never returned, tread carefully..
    See this is what has me still on the fence, since with what I got I can hide the loss decently and I just started dating a pretty awesome girl. Don't know if I wanna risk raping my hairline suddenly, that could shock her. If it's gradual then she hopefully won't care by the time it's noticeable.

But the idea of possibly thickening up the whole front is tempting.

See this is what has me still on the fence, since with what I got I can hide the loss decently and I just started dating a pretty awesome girl. Don't know if I wanna risk raping my hairline suddenly, that could shock her. If it's gradual then she hopefully won't care by the time it's noticeable.

But the idea of possibly thickening up the whole front is tempting.
    The same for me. Every once in a while I get the urge to go out and get Minox, but then I come across a post like this and it puts me off of it.

Why dont you try it on one side of your hairline or your crown first for a ew months and see how you respond. Some people have no results, some people have a brutal shed then results, others have brutal shed then nothing comes back (which i admit sounds odd), others get growth without a shed, others maintence and/or thickening etc

I am actually in a very similar spot to you bro (can hide hairloss, have a new girl etc). What I'm contemplaiting is starting it on my bad side (lol), so if it gets worse atleast my goodside is still intact. Then if i like results, throw that shit all over my hairline/frontal region.

also if u notice bad shedding, you could always buzz your head and try and grow it out months later after your hair (hopeully) comes back stronger.

I took fin for a while and quit after an erection problem scare. When I quit shit got really really weird. I'm talking no erections for over a month, prostate ache, pelvic ache, no sex drive and I even got blood work done by my doctor and my Testosterone was down 50%(I had earlier blood work to compare it to from before I took the drug) I recovered but I'm not ever doing that again. RU may work but after being scared shitless like that by a tested drug I don't think I'm going to risk anything on an untested one. Minox and Nizoral are pretty much the only things I'm willing to try now.
    did your sides subside? How long?
    thanks