+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Ryan,

First off, I want to say thank you for taking the time to get your blood tested!

I am in no way questioning your sincerity here, but are you sure your lab uses LCMS for all blood procedures? I only ask because you said you call a few around you which were a little further but they charged 700+ for the test. Dont you think its a little odd that your lab charged only 1/3 the amount for the same test?

Quote Originally Posted by tdo View Post
    Ryan,

First off, I want to say thank you for taking the time to get your blood tested!

I am in no way questioning your sincerity here, but are you sure your lab uses LCMS for all blood procedures? I only ask because you said you call a few around you which were a little further but they charged 700+ for the test. Dont you think its a little odd that your lab charged only 1/3 the amount for the same test?
    Yes, I'm positive. The $700 was the fee quoted direct from the lab for a cash pay. The $264 I paid was with insurance, through a physician. The actual cost of that test was probably closer to $1,000 if you paid for it without insurance. Anyway, the phone number for the lab is on the results I printed. You can probably call them and ask them what type of method they use for testing DHT. A word of caution, though, the front line support is not the sharpest. You need to be connected to a lab tech.

Well, i'm trying to believe in this stuff, but knowing that they are able to respond on here to people's concern's yet haven't, is casting further doubt day by day that this stuff isn't what we're led to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Well, i'm trying to believe in this stuff, but knowing that they are able to respond on here to people's concern's yet haven't, is casting further doubt day by day that this stuff isn't what we're led to believe.
    These guys clearly don't want to answer the questions. Everything asked off them was very straightforward and reasonable and they were publicly welcomed by the moderators to join the discussion. And they won't say a word.

My opinion continues to be that these people are liars peddling a worthless product. I'd bet a large sum of money there will either be lawsuit against them or this product will be off the market a year from now.

Extremely long time lurker. Have been a great responder to fin but have had some side sides over the years. I was naturally interested in a product that claimed to be more natural.

Ajays if you are willing, would you kindly share some b/a pics on Keratene. Appreciate you have only been on it a few months but save Hariri you are one of the few I have read about who have had good results.

I have implored the manufacturers to share some photos of their trial results with me - there must be some surely. I understand that this cannot be marketed as a hair loss supplement because of the regulatory hoops the supplier has to jump through - So with the caveat that this is just a dietary supplement that can lower DHT I was hoping they would release some photos but alas no joy.
    Last edited by Raj27; 07-17-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling

I was having a beer with some friends last night and this whole ordeal came up in a discussion. My intrigue with this product continues. As I said, all the test results we have suggest something is very wrong with this company and their claims, yet they do possess a certain amount of legitimacy and claim to have a great deal of real research behind them. So anyway, two of my friends are hair loss sufferers and they have agreed to test these pills with me again with my remaining supply. 10 days, 2 pills per day for three people who take no other meds or supplements. We will get tested before and after using LCMS. If we show a drop in DHT, I will retract any negative statement I made about Keratene. If not, I think it will hopefully put this to rest once and for all. Stay tuned.

It's appreciated ryan, and still interesting - i'm sure we'll all retract negative comment's if the stuff did as they claimed, as you say - this really should lay it to rest, thanks..

For information purposes from the thread located here http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13415 :

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    Hello my friends. After seeing numerous published studies saying that it is possible to take finasteride every other day, I decided to do my own test. Read some studies including saying that even after nearly 7 days, the DHT still remains dropped.

The dosage that I initially chose to make this test was to 1mg every other day, for 20 days.

How the test is performed: Suppose I have taken finasteride on the evening of July 10, the test was performed on the morning of July 12, between 7 and 8am , ie, the blood was collected approximately 35 hours after administration from Finasteride 1mg.

Look at the result:

I wonder if anyone uses finasteride this way and proved its effectiveness with blood tests because my test is showing that there is no efficiency. Is that 20 days is little to some fall in DHT after starting finasteride? I have not had any significant changes in DHT.

My next blood test will be here approximately one month, and I will use 0.5 mg every day to see if there will be drop in DHT.

I await your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Rly? Soy is super common, it is now in most American processed foods. Was anyone else here told not to eat soy/nuts/seeds before their DHT test? I was not
    When I got my DHT tested I was consuming plenty of soy up to the very day I got blood drawn, also sunflower seeds, & it tested extremely low....
    Go back and look at my posts in this thread. I posted a bit about soy directly from Keratene tech support.

EDIT: Maybe it was the other Keratene thread.

No individual here is going to be able to resolve anything, or at least not within days or weeks. All that actually matters is results, and those take time..