+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    In a few months we'll know if Dr Nigam's procedure works or not. Also, gc83uk is going to photograph every single graft on his scalp for his next procedure. I think he said he's going back fall this year, right Gaz ? This mean we'll have final proof of Gho's procedure 6-9 months after that. I've also thought about doing it myself, buy a high quality cam, do a smaller procedure, like 600 grafts and photograph EVERYTHING. Cause if regrowth is really 80-85% (which I personally seriously doubt, like you said), then it's just plain stupid to not plan the next procedure ASAP. But if regrowth is only 40% (or even less), then that means that your donor is still very limited and you should choose wisely how to use it (e.g. not double up the temples, like I initially planned to do). So my personal agenda is for the moment to wait and see how Tom's and gc83uk's develops and if for some reason Gaz doesn't want to do another procedure, I'm going to seriously consider doing that smaller procedure and document everything, cause we really need to have this sorted out !!
    Yes mate, it's booked for the 10/11th September or something like that. Ironically exactly 2 years from my first HST.

I don't think we'll need years to doubt Nigams and Mousseigne. We'll know within 6 months if Tom's case was a success. If not, Dr Nigams will probably say "yeah but I have a new method which works a lot better", but personally I will have lost all confidence in Dr Nigam's if Tom's case fails. And if Dr Nigams fails, then what do we have left ? Histogen ? I don't think so. Replicel ? Nah. Aderans ? Highly doubt it. Follica ? Not even started official trials. So basically if Dr Nigam's fails and donor regrowht for gc83uk turns out to be quite bad, then you know you'll have to be extremely conservative with your donor. So in my opinion it's best to wait 9-12 months before making a decision.

Tom's case will not be easy to check, he is not shaving at all...
    I have the impression it will be another year with speculative things...

You're right about the conservative approach, I will for sure use my grafts to guarantee a nice density on top and I keep my expectations of a full hair line temples recovered for when we have real unlimited proved thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Yes mate, it's booked for the 10/11th September or something like that. Ironically exactly 2 years from my first HST.
    Awesome !! That would mean we'll have a good indication regarding donor regrowth quite soon after that. I mean currently the 2 unknown factors are the failed extractions and recipient regrowth. So maybe I'll wait till the end of year then: we'll know about Tom's case and we'll know about your regrowth (excluding recipient of course), which might be enough for me to schedule my new appointment. I have quite a good shot of my recipient immediately after surgery, so I'm planning to compare that to my 'final' situation, which should give me at least a good indication regarding recipient growth. So combining all that info I think it should be enough to make a good decision on how to proceed by the end of this year.

Awesome !! That would mean we'll have a good indication regarding donor regrowth quite soon after that. I mean currently the 2 unknown factors are the failed extraction and recipient regrowth. So maybe I'll wait till the end of year then: we'll know about Tom's case and we'll know about your regrowth (excluding recipient of course), which might be enough for me to schedule my new appointment. I have quite a good shot of my recipient immediately after surgery, so I'm planning to compare that to my 'final' situation, which should give me at least a good indication regarding recipient growth. So combining all that info I think it should be enough to make a good decision on how to proceed by the end of this year.
    I don't mind being the guinea pig lol.

Make sure your about on here about 1 week before my HST because I'll be uploading a set of photos and they're going to need vetting so to speak to make sure they are usable, basically I'll need a 2nd opinion to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    I don't mind being the guinea pig lol.

Make sure your about on here about 1 week before my HST because I'll be uploading a set of photos and they're going to need vetting so to speak to make sure they are usable, basically I'll need a 2nd opinion to make sure I haven't missed anything.
    Of course mate ! Highly appreciating the effort you're putting into this, to help us baldies out

will have mine on the 3 september if nothing bad happens in between :-)

I think i'll wait for my next HST till next year. i wanted to have another one, but the thing is, i still wanna use my donor and money wisely, and i can't go for an HST every year, not just because of budget issues but also because i have limited time i can get off from work, and i don't wanna spend every year just going through procedures while i could have traveled and enjoyed my time.

I am pretty satisfied with my first HST, i keep my hair buzzed and i look way better than before since my hairline is intact, of course i would like to add more density, but im not sure where my hairloss is going, and i don't wanna thicken the front and then lose the rest of my hair, which will look way unnatural, that's why i will wait for next year, assess my hairloss situation and hopefully go for a big session to cover any new bald areas and improve density.

How many grafts are you planning to have Caddarik ? And where are you going to have them placed ?

I think the best move would be to densify... and be conservative.
    I hope I can get 1800 like last time or even more...

I would give a good 1000 front, 800 on the crown and everything that would be higher, even 100 grafts, I will ask to put on my very hairline to lower it, even from a 1mm

But with Deborah, we said we will decide what we do on the very day, they need to see my scalp, I will be wise...

I want to have a good density in order to enjoy a good two or three years without considering any procedure...and then monitor what's new!!!

When I see GC donor after 3000, i'm confident, my second HST is to buy me some peace time for more than a year... one HST is not enough, you start being happy, but grumpy Under a spotlight or with a sunlight pics of you!!!

Then if in two or three years, they have better options or I see that the 85% is legit and demonstrated, I can still go for a third to improve HL and crown situation...

My point is really to enjoy my 30's, not waste my donor, monitor the cutting edge, put a little bunch of money aside while I'm enjoying the result of two HST and keep it the longest possible.

If I can have my 33, 34 and 35 rather OK, and then when i'm 36 reconsider the situation (we will be then in 2016-2017), it's cool...

Actually, i though that I would go maximum for three if the technique is still controversed, and if not, if 85% demonstrated, I will still be strategic, but less cautious with donor, because 85%, if you have money, is not that far from the cure, or at least, the perfect bridge until the cure comes in!

I really think that the temples, the Norwood 1 or zero, is something you can consider when we have a real unlimited method...
    Now, NW2 with a good density for bridging, is OK, I can sleep with that idea.

I know lowering hairline is exciting, but maybe in five years, we will be able to do that blindly and safely... for now, Gho and others are too much controversed, but I don't agree with people claiming and so sure about less then 80-85% regen...
    They showed study, they have a patent, Gho did two interviews, the telogen theory makes sense, the example of patients are there...Saunders shaving to the bones after three procédures, GC resurrecting and with pristine donor (he might have lost 600 grafts in the journey), Joling---->> give him two 1500 grafts procédures more and he is OK;

+HSI+ Hair multiplication research

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    one HST is not enough, you start being happy, but grumpy Under a spotlight or with a sunlight pics of you!!!
    Tell me about it man ... under optimal conditions (in the shades) my new hair looks quite nice but yesterday I saw a picture of me in direct sunlight (on a very sunny day) and man ... it's like the new hair (my temples) wasn't there ! Horrible ... So yeah I definitely do understand your decision. But densifying means that you'll lose donor which you might really need if the rest of your scalp starts to get bold. If regeneration is really 85%, it's not a problem at all, but if it's only 40% (or less), you might run into problems. It's hard to make the 'right' decision, but I think I'll wait a bit for more data (gc83uk's case), to make my decision on how to proceed.