+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    Choosing for a second HST in these doubting times is a bit torturing.
    And I'd like to share my points here.

1) speculations: NO ONE knows for sure what is the regeneration rate.
    IM will defend the 85% claims, didi will pretend it's less than 50%, GC and Arashi are in between.
    When asking HASCI, they keep on saying it's 80-85% regeneration.
    My french speaking correspondant there confirmed me a 11.540 grafts patient who got 9 procedures and also underlined that this was the maximum achieved at THIS time and NOT that it was the limit of the patient.
    He said, it's not the maximum achievable, he said, it is the maximum achieved by now.

My opinion is that you can really go nuts by following each speculative threads on this forum and comparing with the confident speeches and replies of HASCI.

Deborah also told me that the high paying patients don't want to be public, they don't give their agreement and she also reminded me or kind of opend my mind on one thing: if we show a gallery of high paying patient with great results, it will gie to much hope for laymen... not everybody can give 50 or 60K for hairs.

2) Bridging!!!
    If they have a 80% or 85% regen, bridging seems to be the best move.
    They are working on Hair Multiplication, there is a section about it under "science".
    If Gho and his staff assure 80-85%, they even use the word hair multiplication for HST.
    and if Gho is working on an even better technique, I can only thing that the right move, right now, is to bridge with the actual HST and HSI.

Let say, you do three procedures in the coming 5 years, leaving you an average covered and acceptable head of hairs...and then, they release the big deal, 1 hair= 5hairs... then you are cured, and you did not spend a grumpy balding 30's.

Because, what is the point of waiting the holy grail if it comes in ten years and you are 36 now?
    You will for sure less give a shit about a NW 1 when you turn 46.

I also am very cautious about what I'm doing with my donor...
    But even if I deplet it a bit with 2 or 3 procedures, it might buy me a 5 years OK situation...in 5 years we are in 2018... Gho my be proposing something better.
    And even if it's in ten years... and you did 5 HST or 6...and you have gaps when shaving to the bone... who cares, as soon as something really unlimited comes, you can refill your depleted donor.
    The difference is that you will have spent your 30's with hair on top thanks to your bridging HST's.

The problem is the price...it's a real deal but apparently no choice now.

3) Nigam and Mousseigne...
    They did not show something better yet, and there are big chances that they will be as much controversed as Gho, because you can always doubt.
    But even if they release something, they might reach Gho level or slightly better, but when? and what do you do in the meantime?
    And what if they don't do better? and what if Nigam vanishes?

My best case scenario is:

bridging with HST until they release Hair Multiplication in Gho clinic.
    what is your plan?
    Good post mate!

I am on a similar way of thinking as you are, even if Dr Nigam is the Messiah, we won't know for at least 6 months to a year.

I would rather do what I can TODAY and NOW with Dr Gho and I can reconsider my options next year. And even if my donor is damaged then if Dr Nigam can do what he say's he can do then he can repair my donor too. SIMPLE.

Until then for me it's Dr Gho.

true of coarse, but implanting greater than 60g/cm2 isn't easy what about attempting 80g/cm2 for those that would like to do shampoo commercials.

there is already 1cm2 of skin, what happens when one adds the extra skin of 80 grafts without removing any of the existing 1cm2 skin ? will there be distortion ?

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Good post mate!

I am on a similar way of thinking as you are, even if Dr Nigam is the Messiah, we won't know for at least 6 months to a year.

I would rather do what I can TODAY and NOW with Dr Gho and I can reconsider my options next year. And even if my donor is damaged then if Dr Nigam can do what he say's he can do then he can repair my donor too. SIMPLE.

Exactly, that's my point.
    I considered my situation with a pristine good donor for a start.
    And your situation with your last post-op donor pics which showed a still great donor.

AND I was comparing us (you and me) to Joling.

Joling started in the 90's with FUT and big scar in donor + big loss in donor supply.
    We started with HST.
    Joling, I'm sorry to tell you, but give him another two procedures, and the guy looks cured.
    And his donor seems to allow it.

It means that for us, it can only be even better cause we have a better basis to start with...

OUR scenario will probably be: nice satisfying coverage with HST in our 30's and probably better to come in 5 to 10 years.

Matt Mcconaughey is also an example of smart move with HT, he did a first one in early 2000 and then probably got one or two follow up procedures.
    If you have seen MUD, the dude has a fair amount of hair for a 40's years fellow.
    He was f*cking balding in late 90's... good strategy, I mentalise him as a "full of hair" actor, not as a balding actor, because he moved at the right time.

Now with his money and in 2013, he might only improve what he has already achieved.

I think, it's the only way... (no bullshit pills or lotion)
    5 to ten years is 2018-2023... it can only improve...the MEANWHILE is the most important!!!

And yes, I pray and hope that Nigam will break it, like a real lifechanger, I would not mind flying to India for a full restoration...even twice or three times if it's for a real definitive cured result.

The point is money, but when you have it, you know that it comes and go, I prefer to enjoy a full head of hair with a VW then a Maseratti and NW6.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Good post mate!

+ the cool thing is while waiting for the Messiah and the proofs in Nigam side, we will enjoy a new improved hair situation... 2014 will then be a cooler year than 2013, 2012, 2011 for us...
    And if it comes in 2015, it's still fine...

The thing in your case, after a couple of HST, if you are kind of happy with the result on top...I would temporise, to give my donor the best chances to meet the real deal treatment that should come anyway...

I mean, I will do the same, if I can keep being happy with two HST and a good hair care, and if I can make it last the longer, I will, if I need three, I will go for three, but there will be a time where I will decide to freeze it and wait the real deal...

All this is like a life lesson about enjoying what you get...it's really like a plan, a strategy and the right balance between enjoying the present, reaching a good hair situation, monitor this kind of forum and keep knowledges, communicate with HASCI and stay optimistic and BUSY.

http://www.hasci.com/en/science/hair-multiplication/

This is what I'm waiting for, I'd like to meet Gho in person to ask about it and when can we wish it would be released? and also if having HST's now is not a problem...

In a few months we'll know if Dr Nigam's procedure works or not. Also, gc83uk is going to photograph every single graft on his scalp for his next procedure. I think he said he's going back fall this year, right Gaz ? This mean we'll have final proof of Gho's procedure 6-9 months after that. I've also thought about doing it myself, buy a high quality cam, do a smaller procedure, like 600 grafts and photograph EVERYTHING. Cause if regrowth is really 80-85% (which I personally seriously doubt, like you said), then it's just plain stupid to not plan the next procedure ASAP. But if regrowth is only 40% (or even less), then that means that your donor is still very limited and you should choose wisely how to use it (e.g. not double up the temples, like I initially planned to do). So my personal agenda is for the moment to wait and see how Tom's and gc83uk's develops and if for some reason Gaz doesn't want to do another procedure, I'm going to seriously consider doing that smaller procedure and document everything, cause we really need to have this sorted out !!

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    In a few months we'll know if Dr Nigam's procedure works or not. Also, gc83uk is going to photograph every single graft on his scalp for his next procedure. I think he said he's going back fall this year, right Gaz ? This mean we'll have final proof of Gho's procedure 6-9 months after that. I've also thought about doing it myself, buy a high quality cam, do a smaller procedure, like 600 grafts and photograph EVERYTHING. Cause if regrowth is really 80-85% (which I personally seriously doubt, like you said), then it's just plain stupid to not plan the next procedure ASAP. But if regrowth is only 40% (or even less), then that means that your donor is still very limited and you should choose wisely how to use it (e.g. not double up the temples, like I initially planned to do). So my personal agenda is for the moment to wait and see how Tom's and gc83uk's develops and if for some reason Gaz doesn't want to do another procedure, I'm going to seriously consider doing that smaller procedure and document everything, cause we really need to have this sorted out !!

yes I totally understand you, but they answered me several times that they were not in the position of being even allowed to pretend and spread false claims.
    The thing is that, we don't know...
    But it also dépends on the way you look at it.
    GC did procédures with less than 9 months in between, it might have played a role.
    Joling got three HST, each time he received more grafts, so it was not even going less and less but more and more, from 1500 to 1620 for his third...
    Saunders got three procedure with no white dots at all when shaving at zero...

They keep on saying 80-85% when you send them e-mails, they have a patients who got 9 procédures with a slightly donor depletion Gho's interview... and they reached 11.600 grafts and its not the maximum, it's just where they are now with him.

Deborah told me that if they start showing a gallery of 10k+ results, people, average laymen who can afford one or two procédures will have very high hopes.

I know you think there is something fishi, but GC might reach 6000 grafts with not the best profile...

I'm tortured with the HERE and NOW, because we can have exactly the same scenario with Nigam and Mousseigne, and spend years of doubting about them...

also like GC said, numerous HST might deplet a bit the donor at some level, but if the plan of all the coming cutting edge treatments is the "unlimited donor", then it's OK to have three or four HST, enjoy a nice coverage and then, as soon as something better is available, you densify everything and refill the depleted donor.

All this process brings us in 5 years from now anyway, and in 5 years from now, we will be in 2018...cutting edge treatment section at this time will prbably be more exciting then now!!!!

or not....

But then again, don't you wish to enjoy your "youth" time with hairs?

Who cares of getting NW1 at 60... it's time for retirement décisions and going to rest on some Philippines or Hawaii beaches...

Bridging is torturing, but balding for ten years...is even more shit

If Gho and his staff assure 80-85%, they even use the word hair multiplication for HST.
    You're right. They should use the word "hair reduction" instead of "hair multiplication".

yes I totally understand you, but they answered me several times that they were not in the position of being even allowed to pretend and spread false claims.
    The thing is that, we don't know...
    But it also dépends on the way you look at it.
    GC did procédures with less than 9 months in between, it might have played a role.
    Joling got three HST, each time he received more grafts, so it was not even going less and less but more and more, from 1500 to 1620 for his third...
    Saunders got three procedure with no white dots at all when shaving at zero...

They keep on saying 80-85% when you send them e-mails, they have a patients who got 9 procédures with a slightly donor depletion Gho's interview... and they reached 11.600 grafts and its not the maximum, it's just where they are now with him.

Deborah told me that if they start showing a gallery of 10k+ results, people, average laymen who can afford one or two procédures will have very high hopes.

I know you think there is something fishi, but GC might reach 6000 grafts with not the best profile...

I'm tortured with the HERE and NOW, because we can have exactly the same scenario with Nigam and Mousseigne, and spend years of doubting about them...
    I don't think we'll need years to doubt Nigams and Mousseigne. We'll know within 6 months if Tom's case was a success. If not, Dr Nigams will probably say "yeah but I have a new method which works a lot better", but personally I will have lost all confidence in Dr Nigam's if Tom's case fails. And if Dr Nigams fails, then what do we have left ? Histogen ? I don't think so. Replicel ? Nah. Aderans ? Highly doubt it. Follica ? Not even started official trials. So basically if Dr Nigam's fails and donor regrowht for gc83uk turns out to be quite bad, then you know you'll have to be extremely conservative with your donor. So in my opinion it's best to wait 9-12 months before making a decision.