+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Anyone taking Fin that experiences NO sides?

Alright, so I finally took the leap of faith today and did something I never ever thought I would, and that is to go on Fin. The pill comes in a 5mg form so I got a pill cutter and best as I could, broke it up into 5 even pieces. I'll be taking one pill a week. If I don't get any bad sides, I'll eventually increase my dose to 1mg a day. I know there are those out there and on this board that do get sides but based off what I have gathered, they are the minority? I heard the majority of Fin users either experience no side effects, or very minor side effects. I am 24 years old so youth is on my side. I am sure a 24 year old would react much differently than a guy in his late 30s or 40s. Also, I don't know if size and weight should be taken into account but I am 6'7 210 lbs.

I am going to do everything I can to keep up my hormone levels as possible while on fin. I think hitting the gym 4 times a week and eating healthy will do me good. Also, beets the vegetable is natures aphrodisiac so I will continue to incorporate that into my diet every day as well. I might even look into horny goat weed if I notice a decrease in my libido. I have a massive libido so if it's affected then maybe it might just level out as normal lol.

I was/am 25 when I started.

I did the whole "start really low, intermittent doses and taper up" deal for about a week and then I jump went to 1.25mg a day.

Just eat well, exercise, keep up with your work and studies, and you'll be just fine.

Be careful and taper your usage up very gradually.

I dove right in with 1mg / day and experienced the entire gamut of sides including testicular pain. Fun fun.

I started at 24 myself. Worked out 5 days a week, was ripped, libido extremely high etc. That slowly went downhill..

My only regret was not starting at a lower dose. I started at 1mg and ignored the obvious sides hoping they would subside..well they didn't.

Good luck bro. I hope you don't experience sides and starting low ends up working out. I started at 24 hoping to catch my balding early, but in the end the results and more importantly sides made it not worth it for me.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    Be careful and taper your usage up very gradually.

I dove right in with 1mg / day and experienced the entire gamut of sides including testicular pain. Fun fun.
    Did those sides ever go away? Do you have less libido?

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I started at 24 myself. Worked out 5 days a week, was ripped, libido extremely high etc. That slowly went downhill..

My only regret was not starting at a lower dose. I started at 1mg and ignored the obvious sides hoping they would subside..well they didn't.

Good luck bro. I hope you don't experience sides and starting low ends up working out. I started at 24 hoping to catch my balding early, but in the end the results and more importantly sides made it not worth it for me.

Best of luck.
    Damn, once you quit fin did your libido come back?

Been taking 1.25mg fin for over a year. Only sides have been acne. No sexual sides whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Been taking 1.25mg fin for over a year. Only sides have been acne. No sexual sides whatsoever.
    So you don't notice anything with libido, orgasm, sex, erection, ya know, the daunting stuff that every man cringes about? Where does the acne show up?

(sorry for bombarding everyone with questions)

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    So you don't notice anything with libido, orgasm, sex, erection, ya know, the daunting stuff that every man cringes about? Where does the acne show up?

(sorry for bombarding everyone with questions)
    Not at all. I don't feel any different whether I am on the drug or off it. Acne started happening 3 wks into the treatment and continued for about a year, then calmed down. Again, keep in mind, most people don't get these effects according to data, or some would say people don't report them, but in any case, nothing suggests that side effects are the typical response. On the low end, studies suggest 2%, on the highest end, they suggest 17%, but most put it around 5%. In all of those cases, these sides stopped after discontinuation of the drug.

It is possible that I have high T levels and given that testosterone levels rise on finasteride, it could have been responsible for that. But that's just a wild guess on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Not at all. I don't feel any different whether I am on the drug or off it. Acne started happening 3 wks into the treatment and continued for about a year, then calmed down. Again, keep in mind, most people don't get these effects according to data, or some would say people don't report them, but in any case, nothing suggests that side effects are the typical response. On the low end, studies suggest 2%, on the highest end, they suggest 17%, but most put it around 5%. In all of those cases, these sides stopped after discontinuation of the drug.

It is possible that I have high T levels and given that testosterone levels rise on finasteride, it could have been responsible for that. But that's just a wild guess on my part.
    So do you still have pretty much have the same hair you currently now have as before when you started taking fin? Same hairline?