Threaded View

Default Retrograde Alopecia means definite baldness?

My dad had a thick head of hair until about 50 where he started to thin at the crown. My mom's dad didn't go bald until his late 40s and 50s but I have been struck with the curse of retrograde alopecia. I have a decent amount of hair on top but I have severe thinning in the temples, above the ears/sideburns and nape of the neck. The hair that is being lost on the sides is wire-like and isn't straight like the hair on top. I shed a TON of hair on the sides and I have so little of it now that I have to grow the hair above it to cover it up so it doesn't look bad. My hairline is mature but nothing bad. The hair I had as a 17-18 year old was WAY thicker than it is now but the hair I have no as a 24 year old is still decent. So, does retrograde alopecia mean I am doomed for a norwood 6-7? I have also noticed thinning at the crown too but its very gradual and it's something I have only noticed. One day when I was around 20 I started noticing lots of shedding that I hadn't noticed before. Ever since then, I have been on to this. Basically, I caught it the second it started. This hair loss has me so depressed and I am terrified of taking Fin because of all the sides and potential PERMANENT sides. There is a guy on here that noticed his penis has shrunken and hasn't returned to it's original size. I would rather go bald any day than compromise my prostate health.