+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What should I get checked via a blood test before taking fin??

Considering fin, so I've decided to get some blood tests done before making any decisions. What's important to get checked? What levels etc.

Thanks in advance

I hear ya Breaking Bad. I posted something on there about where to get my DHT levels checked in a thread. Dr. Bellman, a urologist who is currently on Fin was on the bald truth radio and he said you should get your DHT levels checked every six months. Starting before you get on Fin. I still do not really know where to get my DHT yet. I see my urologist next Tuesday. I plan on asking him, but he is kind of a prick. He will prescribe me Proscar. He has before, but I never took it. He said he necer had a patient with serious sides. He prescribes it all the time. I never took it because my hair was not that bad at the time, and I kept reading about sides. Now I am ready.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    I hear ya Breaking Bad. I posted something on there about where to get my DHT levels checked in a thread. Dr. Bellman, a urologist who is currently on Fin was on the bald truth radio and he said you should get your DHT levels checked every six months. Starting before you get on Fin. I still do not really know where to get my DHT yet. I see my urologist next Tuesday. I plan on asking him, but he is kind of a prick. He will prescribe me Proscar. He has before, but I never took it. He said he necer had a patient with serious sides. He prescribes it all the time. I never took it because my hair was not that bad at the time, and I kept reading about sides. Now I am ready.
    Are you UK based? Can your Dcotor/GP not take these blood tests and check your DHT levels?

How come you ready to take it now?

No I am in the US. I do not really have a GP. It is hard for me to get away from work a lot to go to the doctor. I work for my family so when they say why are you going to the doctor, and I say something like I am going get my DHT checked for hair loss they will likely make fun of me or bitch and not let me go. I got a new job though and I start in two weeks so I should have time. Now I am ready because I am sick of worrying if I will get sides or not. If I do they will most likley go back to normal. There is an extremely small majority who do not. I saw a guy in another forum say something like today in the country or world 115 people will die in a car accident, but you will still get in a car today. Side effects are common with every medication.

Glad you have made a decision for yourself I wish I could just get on with it and decide!

So do you know if there are any other levels that would be wise to get checked, other than DHT levels?

Yeah man I would just try it. Its better than not knowing. I know like 11 people who are on it, and they all made out okay except for one. He was on it for 2 years and started getting impotence and gyno so he quit. He returned to normal within days. Our heads mess with us too bad about it. One guy I know has been on it 12 years. His dad and all his brothers are slick bald and he has a full head of hair. He is doing fine and had two kids on it. This is all true stuff and not no thing I read on the internet from some guy I don't even know. I know side effects are real, but we cannot believe everything on here. Trust me I know because it messes with my head to. I figure in a couple of years though CB should be ready so I can switch. I really do not know what other levels need to be tested, but I would like to know.

Bump!!!

Deuce; your doc is probably just annoyed someone is telling him how to do his job.

Anyone? No one here who has been taking blood tests before/whilst on fin?

Why exactly do you want to get tested? You want to get tested but don't know what to test? How can people help you? I'm lost.