X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Focus On What's Already Showing Results andPromise

Reputable hair restoration physicians will generally avoid doing a hair transplant on a young man below the age of 29. A lot of young people 17-29 are frustrated that their hair is thinning and/or receding and existing products like Rogaine, Propecia and Avodart generally do not provide (IMO/IPO's) substantial improvement. At Dr. Cole's office, we have encouraged patients to use ACell and PRP treatments during their hair transplant surgeries. We have found that ACell and PRP improves healing. Our recent repair patient came in for photos last week and was shocked at the improvement in his crown area. He had been using Avodart since approx. 2003. He noticed a big improvement in hair shaft diameter after his 2011 ACell / PRP treatment in 2011. Dr. Cole uses the Angel system and his latest PRP adjustments have provided some encouraging results for hair loss sufferers.

Have a look at this video. It is in 720p and you can adjust the quality from the default You Tube setting by hitting the lower "gear" icon. Set to 720p. Also hit the "full screen" button on the lower far right. You can clearly see the improvement in hair shaft diameter. This compares the 2007 photo to the 2013 photo taken just before his 2013 ACell PRP treatment. Please also consider that MPB is progressive so his thinning area should be worse after 6 years rather than improved.

Here is the link to the Video

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    chuck@forhair.com
    www.forhair.com
    Please feel free to email me with any questions
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 07-07-2013, 10:19 AM.
  • Breaking Bald
    • Aug 2012

Wow...those results are very poor and unclear...

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

brutal...

Comment

• Breaking Bald
        • Aug 2012

Spend a fortune on painful, bloody injections and get hardly any noticeable results, yeah sign me up...

The before and after picture is completely useless as well. The second 'results' picture is with all the hair combed over the bald spot. Pathetic

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
          Spend a fortune on painful, bloody injections and get hardly any noticeable results, yeah sign me up...

The before and after picture is completely useless as well. The second 'results' picture is with all the hair combed over the bald spot. Pathetic
          The 2007 and the 2013 photos were scaled to the same head size. IF you open the video on a decent computer with good graphics and adjust the quality as I suggest, there is NO question that there is a significant improvement. Male pattern baldness nearly always gets progressively worse. 6 years later there is an improvement in hair shaft diameter. Our patient had been taking Avodart since 2003 and didn't notice a difference in hair shaft thickness and quality until he began having ACell/PRP treatments.

Look at the image below where I circle the two You Tube settings that will offer the two sharpest views. Anyone on a decent computer viewing the 2007 and 2013 side by side can clearly see the improvement in hair shaft diameter.

I challenge you to look at this video again set to the highest quality. The hair does not completely cover the hair as it exits the scalp on either photo. They can be clearly seen. Come back here and tell me you don't see a difference after adjusting the videos quality and you will lose credibility here because the improvement is plain as day to anyone with even a modicum of visual discernment.

www.forhair.com
          chuck@forhair.com
          Attached Files

Comment

• greatjob!
            • Aug 2011

I'm curious as to what percentage of people you see responding to the prp/acell treatments. I was contemplating it a few years ago but from what I saw a very small percentage of patients see any improvement and when they did it was very marginal. I just can't see spending $1000-$2000 every 6-12 months to undergo a treatment that more than likely won't do anything for me and if it does it will be a very small improvement

Comment

• ryan555
              • Oct 2010

Some of you guys just sit around on the Internet all day complaining about your hair loss and rejecting anyone who attempts to try something new to help patients. PRP is not a miracle cure but it is a viable treatment to help one maintain hair, and it definitely has improved the thickness and quality of my existing hair. I applaud Dr Cole and any other doctors who are willing to try non-traditional things to help their patients. We should really stop bad mouthing these guys because they are not the enemy.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                • Aug 2012

Yeah there is a difference but it is very minimal and like I say the before/after pic is not great. The first pic is with the hair messed up, second pic the hair is brushed over the bald spot. Are there any potential side effects with this treatment? I've heard it is very bloody and messy?

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                  Doctor Representative
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ryan555
                  Some of you guys just sit around on the Internet all day complaining about your hair loss and rejecting anyone who attempts to try something new to help patients. PRP is not a miracle cure but it is a viable treatment to help one maintain hair, and it definitely has improved the thickness and quality of my existing hair. I applaud Dr Cole and any other doctors who are willing to try non-traditional things to help their patients. We should really stop bad mouthing these guys because they are not the enemy.
                  Thanks ryan555:

Our patient posted in the Hair Transplant area of The Bald Truth Forum. Here are his remarks:

Ljpviper:
                  "The procedure takes like total maybe two hours. The numbing of the area is a little painful, but not too bad. I washed my hair two days after and my scalp is still a little sore still, nothing major.

I noticed an improvement 2-3 weeks after. My hair is normally brown, it turns very dark brown,almost black. The diameter of the hair shafts increase in the same time frame. I would say month 1 to month 8 are the best in hair quality.

After month 8 it seems to lose some color and thickness. As stated the procedure in 2012 worked better than 2011. I told chuck I may be in the Atlanta area in the next few months. I will stop by the office so they can take some photos."

The Video

www.forhair.com
                  chuck@forhair.com

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                    Doctor Representative
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                    Yeah there is a difference but it is very minimal and like I say the before/after pic is not great. The first pic is with the hair messed up, second pic the hair is brushed over the bald spot. Are there any potential side effects with this treatment? I've heard it is very bloody and messy?
                    Dr. Cole began using PRP because it was proven to promote healing:
                    Emory Hospital

ACell has proven itself as a regenerative product and was approved by the FDA as such. At the very least, ACell improves vascularization and reduces hypopigmentation of the donor extraction sites. We have observed ACell's regenerative advantages as well.

I began losing my hair at an early age and would have had ACell and PRP treatment back then if it had been available. Insignificant improvement?... Our patient told me he was pleasantly shocked at his improved hair caliber. If he thought the improvement was insignificant, I doubt he would return every year for more ACell / PRP treatments. Untreated, MPB over a 6 year span will nearly always progress toward significant visible hair loss. The fact that our patient's hair looks better after 6 years is noteworthy.

To me this is huge in light of the promises of Histogen and other technologies that haven't materialized.

There are questions. Does Rogaine or Avodart enhance the effectiveness of ACell/PRP? When Dr. Cole and other top hair restoration physicians get a significant result, the thought process is: How can we improve that result?

To me this progress is exciting, particularly for men between the age of 17 and 29. I remember as a young man when I first noticed my hair loss. It was like my life fast-forwarded from young to middle age in a matter of a few years.

If we can hold back hair loss in young men, we will see an improvement in self confidence and quality of life.

www.forhair.com
                    chuck@forhair.com

Comment

• Dan26
                      • Jul 2012

Considering the cost, and the fact the patient was on avodart and rogaine, it doesn't seem to add to much to the arsenal of a young guy with aggressive hairloss. The fact there were at least considerable positive results is encouraging though. I personally would love to see it's effectiveness without fin/minox, because the fact that it gave a long time sufferer (who has aggressive loss), cosmetically significant results, is encouraging. But again, the cost, and the fact that we haven't gauged its effectiveness as a true stand alone treatment, is unfortunate.

Comment

• PayDay
                        • Nov 2008

In all honestly the pictures do suck, but people don't have to be so hostile to make their point. It's clear that the guy in the video is pleased, why try to bring him down?

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                          Doctor Representative
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
                          Considering the cost, and the fact the patient was on avodart and rogaine, it doesn't seem to add to much to the arsenal of a young guy with aggressive hairloss. The fact there were at least considerable positive results is encouraging though. I personally would love to see it's effectiveness without fin/minox, because the fact that it gave a long time sufferer (who has aggressive loss), cosmetically significant results, is encouraging. But again, the cost, and the fact that we haven't gauged its effectiveness as a true stand alone treatment, is unfortunate.
                          Our Patient has used Rogaine for many years. He began using Avodart in 2003. He didn't notice a significant increase in his hair shaft diameter before he began with the ACell / PRP treatments in 2010.

To me it's not hard to imagine an 18 year old who is beginning to show MPB thinning to "go back in time" 4 years with PRP / ACell treatments. Imagine regular treatments providing a gradual improvement over time rather having things go all to hell in the opposite direction to Norwood 5 or 6 by age 30. Perhaps this is overly optimistic, but knowing Dr. Cole, he is going to continue to improve these treatments.

Look on the bright side, when I was a teenager, there was absolutely no hope for young men with hair loss. I still recall the sinking feeling. Rogaine wasn't even available.

Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by PayDay
                            In all honestly the pictures do suck, but people don't have to be so hostile to make their point. It's clear that the guy in the video is pleased, why try to bring him down?
                            I agree, I didn't mean to come across as hostile so I apologise, I've just had a really bad few days dealing with hair loss and honestly I'm just sick to death of staring at before/after pics, researching treatments and being dragged down with all of the disagreements, misinformation and confusion within this industry. I'm 23 and I dread to think how many countless hours of my life I have spent looking for answers, only to be disappointed :/

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                              Doctor Representative
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by PayDay
                              Honestly, the photos are excellent. The video is in 720p. By default, You Tube shows videos at a low resolution. By setting the video to 720p hi-def and hitting the fullscreen button, the photos are very clear on a reasonably decent computer and monitor.

I heard complaints about how the hair is combed. At high resolution the hairs can CLEARLY be seen exiting from the scalp and the shafts can clearly be seen to be thicker.

Please look at the attached image and follow the instructions on the image. Watch the video again at 720p set to full screen. It is obviously clear that there is improvement in hair shaft diameter. The hair shafts are NOT concealed where they exit the scalp.

Take a look again with the proper settings. VIDEO

Attached Files
                              Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...