+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    There are no studies or efficient evidence that PRP has any positive impact on hair.
    PRP has been available for many years in other applications. The application of hair is still relatively new with more and more doctors no longer even offering the procedure. That alone speaks volumes.
    When PRP treatment doesn't work, it benefits everyone to determine why. I posted our patient interview so he could talk about medications he currently uses. In the video, he mentions Rogaine and Avodart. He also mentioned that he had the best result from the treatment he had in 2012 as opposed to his first treatment in 2011. Dr. Cole used a different PRP / ACell formulation in 2012.

I was 18 once and remember the depressing proposition of being bald by the time I was 30. It was a sinking sense of despair, like years were about to be trimmed off of my life. Most reputable hair restoration physicians won't perform a hair transplant on any man under 26-29. I'm thinking from my own perspective... If I were 21 again (in 2013), I would consider Rogaine and PRP /ACell treatment. I'm not sure about Avodart but there are many people who swear by it. I'm considering ACell / PRP treatment at my advanced age. I need help in my donor area with regards to density.

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 02:38 PM.

You gave a percentage for donor regeneration with Acell, but we are asking for this kind of average with regards to PRP + Acell as a stand alone treatment.

Can you give us an estimate of the success rate for PRP + Acell as a stand alone treatment? I don't mean to be a broken record here, but this is kind of important for those who are considering the treatment.

The other day at work I was depressed because of a remark someone made about my hair looking thin in the back. I'm still self conscious about the appearance of my hair. I'm a tough case. I went home that night and mentioned to my wife that I was feeling down about my hair and she said come to think of it, your hair really sucks, can I have a divorce?

Just kidding. She said, you look fine it's no big deal. It's great to have someone in your life who loves you the way you are. There ARE some great women out there and some women even find baldness sexy. I had a lady tell me that not long ago.

Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimist View Post
    You gave a percentage for donor regeneration with Acell, but we are asking for this kind of average with regards to PRP + Acell as a stand alone treatment.

Can you give us an estimate of the success rate for PRP + Acell as a stand alone treatment? I don't mean to be a broken record here, but this is kind of important for those who are considering the treatment.
    Tomorrow I will provide as much information on stand alone PRP / ACell success rates as we have available. Most of our patients who have PRP / Acell treatments receive it with their FUE surgery.

No broken record impressions here. People should be skeptical and ask questions.

Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 02:39 PM.

I am in the Atlanta area and am 28 years old. I'm not too far along in my mpb (NW2.7 with thinning crown) and would love to benefit from this treatment even if that means simply keeping my hair as is. I take Rogaine foam and am experimenting with pgd2 blockers, but the only DHT blocker I can handle is keto. I'd gladly document my results in a similar fashion as the guy in the video. If nothing else it would give us another case study...

Conpecia:

I will speak with Dr. Cole today and get more information. Dr. Cole didn't ask me to create a video in order to sell PRP / ACell treatments. I was excited about our patient's results as he is and decided to shoot and post the video on my own, to illustrate a point of study worthy of further investigation. In other words, over a 6 year period, this man's hair loss should have been worse, not improved. Can we duplicate this result? That's why I included in the video, mention of the medications our patient is taking.

Sorry to be repetitious, but the question in my mind relates to Rogaine and Avodart enhancing the effects of ACell / PRP treatments.

I just asked our RN how many patients we have seen in the last year having stand-alone ACell / PRP treatments. She told me 4, perhaps 5. As I mentioned earlier, Dr. Cole began using ACell and PRP because both products provide improved healing. In other words, nearly all of our patients who have received ACell / PRP treatments have had the treatments on their FUE surgery day.

ACell and PRP show great promise in my opinion. Further studies will definitely be worth the effort.

Thanks for the additional info. Chuck. We know Viper got good results. Do you have any indication as to the results of the other 3-4 people who had stand alone PRP + Acell treatment?

Thanks for the additional info. Chuck. We know Viper got good results. Do you have any indication as to the results of the other 3-4 people who had stand alone PRP + Acell treatment?
    We had five stand-alone ACell / PRP patients within the last year. I was able to reach two today by phone, other than our patient I posted. One of the men I spoke with said he noticed an improvement behind his hairline in the frontal area. He is a patient with reasonably thick hair on top and does the treatments for maintenance. Our other patient I spoke with on the phone noticed some benefit but nothing dramatic. I asked our two patients what medications they were taking. Both use Rogaine but neither use Propecia or Avodart.

We are seeing early growth and excellent healing when ACell and PRP are used on the day of FUE surgery. See 3 1/2 month post-op photo below. Our patient had 2840 FUE grafts placed on 03-20-13.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4x4-comparison.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	21883  

Thanks for the information Chuck. Good to know your office is having success with the procedure.

I have some results for PRP

Source:
    Enhanced effect of platelet-rich plasma containing a new carrier on hair growth (Takikawa et al, 2011)
    Full study
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxbnj9mf15...20Hair%20G.pdf