+ Reply to Thread

Default 20 y/o. Think I'm losing it. Help a kid calm down?

First time poster here. Hope everyone's doing alright.
    Alright, so basically about 2 months ago, I was in front of the mirror doing my hair as I normally would and everything looks normal as can be for me. I only recently started reppin' the short hair look halfway through last year. Before that just messy long hair.

Anyway a few days later, something hit me and I noticed my hair seemed off, as if I have a receding hairline and thinner hair. I've always had really thick fast growing hair to the point where my hairdresser would say It's going to last a lifetime. But lately It's felt really thin. Stressing about this, I did some research and learnt about the norwood scale, medications for hairloss, etc, and was wondering if I should start off using minox or prop now or if I'm alright and just going crazy. I've recently gone through a stressful time. Parents recently divorced and it's just been horribly really. I've been staying up all night stressing out for so long my chest would hurt.

I ended up going for a bood test to make sure if everything was okay and the results showed I was completely healthy and have no problem at all. I've gone to two doctors and both of them said I'm not losing my hair. My family said the same thing. Parents, brother, all my friends. Dad said I've always had a naturally bit higher hairline. He's right, checking photos of when I was a kid my right side was always a little higher. I know there's the whole people will say it's okay to make you hear what you want to hear thing but they're not really like that. They just hit me over the head and say something's wrong with my brain and that I look as normal as ever. Lately I've been checking my pillow after I wake up and no hairs are there at all. In the shower I notice maybe 3-5 hairs come out on my hands but I'd consider that normal as hair is weaker when wet.

Anyway, here are some pictures under lighting, not under lighting, when wet and when dry.
    What do you guys think? Normal hairline for a 20 year old? Am I stressing over nothing or should I do something about it? Sorry, I know there are many out there way way worse off than me, I just like to be cautious and take action early to prevent. Thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0894.JPG

Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	21833   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0895.JPG

Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	21834   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0896.JPG

Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	21835   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0897.JPG

Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	21836   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0898.JPG

Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	21837   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0899.JPG

Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	21838   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0880[1].JPG

Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	21841   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0881[1].JPG

Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	21842  

Im not a doctor, but i think you have a solid norwood 2, or a mature hairline, it doesnt seem its going any further than that, if it was me id just keep an eye on it, take some photos regullary,finally I have your same hairline, a little bit worse, and I going to reach the first year of baldness obsession and it hasnt changed yet, you know, if you notice some... degree thats going any further, jump on finas bro...

Hey, well I've been keeping an eye on it and people still say the same thing, that I'm not losing my hair, even went to the doctors again and they also still stay the same. Yet now to me it's looking slightly worse than what it did in the pictures. To me the recession is noticeable when I leave my hair as it is normally when I go out.

And I've very much looked into the whole Rogaine and Propecia thing, the side effects are freaking me out and I've always been the kind of person that's highly vulnerable to side effects of all medication and what not.
    The only thing I'd probably be comfortable with is the Nizoral but I don't even know what that looks like or how to get it where I'm from.

Don't freak yourself out, you look fine. It's not a perfect hairline but it's better than mine ever was and I'm 21.
    The way I figure is that a mature hairline would basically just be a full arc from temple to temple, which is what you're rocking right now.
    I would watch it, however, because it will most likely eventually get worse - but that could be anywhere from next month to next decade.

Yeah. Sorry, thanks man I understand.
    Not long ago I considered just shaving it all off, not that it's necessary but because it'd probably help me feel less uncomfortable about it.
    When I mentioned it though, to my parents and friends, they all thought it was a horrible idea and that I'd look dreadful. Which is... kind of even more of a self-confidence explosion but, you know, what can you do.