+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Is the donor region really that limited?

I have asked this in my own thread about being conservative when your limited with what you can achieve....

I think it is important and could be the way for me to go if a surgeon was willing to help me achieve this result.

Surgeons obviously don't want to extract too many grafts as they don't want the donor area looking too thin. There are always different limitations for different people......

Are there surgeons or would surgeons consider going beyond their usual recommended limits by 1000, 2000, maybe 3000 grafts if the donor area was filled in with SMP tattooing?

It would solve the problem for me of not having enough donor hair and I believe that SMP would work well in this situation.

I understand the back and sides of the head would need to be kept short. A hair style like this could be the end result. Please note that I am only emphasising the hair style I wouldn't expect such a vibrant, full wonderful head of hair although it would be nice:

Why not go all the way and swap the entire bald scalp region with hair-bearing regions on the sides/back of your head?

Then you could get a few thousand FUE *from* the top of your head *to* your sides/back ... adding SMP as needed

We could be onto something here!

/s

yes and with the scarless tool and technik dr wesley is going to reveal you could harvest all without scarring

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    Why not go all the way and swap the entire bald scalp region with hair-bearing regions on the sides/back of your head?

Then you could get a few thousand FUE *from* the top of your head *to* your sides/back ... adding SMP as needed

We could be onto something here!

/s
    The hair lift has been tried and the results were in most cases gruesome. See the photos and make up your own mind. The result was scarring and an assortment of unnatural hair directions.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	brandi-lift4.jpg

Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	21939  
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    The hair lift has been tried and the results were in most cases gruesome. See the photos and make up your own mind. The result was scarring and an assortment of unnatural hair directions.
    WOW lol. I really think they were talking about using FUE to accomplish this though. I have never even heard of the "brandy lift". That is nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    ummm. Whatever happend to him is 100% nothing like what we are talking about. WTF happend to that guy!

Looks like his head was cut up and replaced like a Jigsaw.

My concept was to use FUE not FUT. Using FUT would be absolutely ridiculous for something like this.

I would not advise that ALL hair be removed from back and sides.....that is going too far and I am pretty sure would look awful. Maybe taking 50% max so that you still have a decent coverage of texture and then if necessary fill in any sparseness with SMP.

Yes The Brandy Lift. It's amazing what youthful desperation can do when those guiding you don't have your best interest at heart. Some of us could have easily died.

Repair patients are passionate for a reason.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    ummm. Whatever happend to him is 100% nothing like what we are talking about. WTF happend to that guy!

Looks like his head was cut up and replaced like a Jigsaw.

My concept was to use FUE not FUT. Using FUT would be absolutely ridiculous for something like this.

I would not advise that ALL hair be removed from back and sides.....that is going too far and I am pretty sure would look awful. Maybe taking 50% max so that you still have a decent coverage of texture and then if necessary fill in any sparseness with SMP.
    Many things sound good in theory but just don't turn out as planned in reality. hair/scalp swapping sounds easy enough, but created some very unhappy patients with good reason. Devastated is actually a more appropriate description of how some patients felt. Several years ago, I met a patient who had a Brandy hair lift repaired. The lift caused the hairline above his ears to rise about an inch and a half. This is known as "whitewalls". If that weren't enough, this man had grafts placed in his frontal area by another doctor that were planted too deep resulting in pitting. Dr. Cole repaired this man but it was a long road and took many surgeries.

It's always best not to be the first and wait to see results in person when there is buzz regarding a "revolutionary" procedure involving a lot of cutting.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Very good point sometimes it all looks good in theory and one should only move forward with those procedures that are time tested. Experimental and new procedures should certainly not be performed on very young men who are often desperate either from hair loss or in my situation to fix the damage that was already done.

All it would have taken was one voice of reason to tell the patient listen you do not want to do this Brandy Lift and here is why. I certainly would not consider that bashing the procedure but simply letting the patient know that it’s not as simple as the doctor makes it seem. I would consider this a really good advice for the benefit of the patient and certainly not something negative. I believe the negativity arises when others would try to dismiss another point of view as if it didn’t mean anything.

Personally in my own situation I harbor no ill feelings towards Brandy. What really bothers me about what he did was sending in his brother-in-law to seal the deal as he had the procedure performed on himself. I think it’s wrong as at a young age it’s very easy to convince someone as they say like taking candy away from a baby. It probably went something like this “ go in there and tell the kid how great it is and everything will be alright”…………lol………yes I can laugh about it. But I can’t ever imagine doing that to someone.
    Donor supply in limited you have to have a sensible plan before you do anything and the numbers have to work on paper. If you don’t have an actual sheet of paper using both basic math and geometry you don’t have a plan.

Something that should be pointed out about Brandy is you do have to admit the scars often times were some of the best I have seen. I shaved my sides down and the scar doesn’t bother me much as it is very thin. Not much tension on this one but maybe strip clinics should consider lifting more skin off away from the scalp before they suture it up. Maybe some do this already but the few surgeries I have viewed do not show them doing this.