+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I see what has been said about seeing someone else have something done first but......

Can I just put it straight that the idea I started this thread with is completely different to the stuff u guys are talking about where people have been butchered.....

My idea was simply to take a few thousand more grafts from the donor area, thinning it out more than a surgeon usually would and filling in the gaps in the donor region with SMP tattoo. A lot less invasive and a lot more subtle than pulling someone's scalp apart.

I do think it is crazy the some people have gone for such crude surgeries in the past.....Hairloss depresses me a lot but I am not sure I could bring myself to get FUT in this day and age. It is such a god damn awful thing to even think about.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I see what has been said about seeing someone else have something done first but......

Can I just put it straight that the idea I started this thread with is completely different to the stuff u guys are talking about where people have been butchered.....

My idea was simply to take a few thousand more grafts from the donor area, thinning it out more than a surgeon usually would and filling in the gaps in the donor region with SMP tattoo. A lot less invasive and a lot more subtle than pulling someone's scalp apart.

I do think it is crazy the some people have gone for such crude surgeries in the past.....Hairloss depresses me a lot but I am not sure I could bring myself to get FUT in this day and age. It is such a god damn awful thing to even think about.
    Ya i dont see what is wrong with your idea, especially if...
    1) You have good donor area
    2) Use FUE or better yet the scarless technique when it comes out
    3) You keep your hair on the sides and back short

Remember that by the time most people notice they are losing their hair, they have already lost a lot of density. 50% reduction of density in the donor area, as long as its evenly distributed, would probably look ok.

The point of that last photo is all my scalp fue was harvested from that side area and I now have is shaved down which looks very good. I don't need SMP and I think harvesting more fue than normal can be a very good idea especially with this type of cut.

Of course you need to have a small session and than shave down the area after a year and make sure you do not have visible scarring. In my case I have seen none and could probably harvest every available hair in that area and still look normal.

If I didn't have the strip scarring that is exactly what I would do with the back. High and tight with more hair up on top. In my opinion it looks very good.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Something that should be pointed out about Brandy is you do have to admit the scars often times were some of the best I have seen. I shaved my sides down and the scar doesn’t bother me much as it is very thin. Not much tension on this one but maybe strip clinics should consider lifting more skin off away from the scalp before they suture it up. Maybe some do this already but the few surgeries I have viewed do not show them doing this.

Can you explain the procedure you had done???

The point of that last photo is all my scalp fue was harvested from that side area and I now have is shaved down which looks very good. I don't need SMP and I think harvesting more fue than normal can be a very good idea especially with this type of cut.

Of course you need to have a small session and than shave down the area after a year and make sure you do not have visible scarring. In my case I have seen none and could probably harvest every available hair in that area and still look normal.

If I didn't have the strip scarring that is exactly what I would do with the back. High and tight with more hair up on top. In my opinion it looks very good.

So you think what sausage is saying would actually work? With scarless hair transplant, get a "macklemore" style haircut..

if you don't know who macklemore is google image him, he's a white rapper from seattle that kind of started this new modern hairstyle..

Yes I do think it's possible but I think it depends on many things first and foremost the doctor performing the procedure and the size of the punch. I don't think many on the forums get me. This is not being promotional on my part as all I receive is the satisfaction of helping others avoid some of my experience along with what I have seen in recent years. I also believe one's own healing characteristics play a part and nutrition is absolutely critical.

I am now shaving to the bone and I really like the look.

Shaved to the bone :-)

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Something that should be pointed out about Brandy is you do have to admit the scars often times were some of the best I have seen. I shaved my sides down and the scar doesn’t bother me much as it is very thin. Not much tension on this one but maybe strip clinics should consider lifting more skin off away from the scalp before they suture it up. Maybe some do this already but the few surgeries I have viewed do not show them doing this.

Clear, sharp photos are usually brutal and show every detail. I can barely see the scar.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office

Topcat...is that the look you always have....the one in those photos?

If so, no offense but it does not work. It looks like someone has taken a clipper to your head in the middle of the night.

It is not a good example of what I have proposed.

I have said it before......I am not proposing that massive chunks are taken out of the donor region, leaving just bare skin. I am proposing that surgeons take an extra 1000 or 2000 grafts in an even manner so that there is still an even spread of hair.

or basically to a stage where the hair would look thin if grown long but if grade 0 or grade 1 would look fine. Another bonus of this is that it is the back of your head that is being thinned out......who looks you in the back of the head anyhow?

In theory I think the donor hair would look acceptable in this case but if it is felt that it needs 'thickening up' a few thousand smp dots will do the trick.

I was watching the Under 20 World Cup match between Uraguay and France the other day and could not help but notice how many players had the kind of haircut in question.....

Wasn't just these, there were plenty more with the very short back and sides, medium length on top.

I heard that the hairstyle is called the "mullet". One of my favorite MLB players had one and he got teased so much that he cut it off.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin