+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A lot of great advice here. I would start nice and slow and go FUE with surgeons that have enormous amount of experience doing it manually. Check out surgeons in Europe and Turkey, you end up paying much less for work that is performed with more attention to detail and care. Just my opinion based on what I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yates Hair Science View Post
    Happy to hear you had a great experience in Turkey or Europe. Have you had a FUE procedure in Turkey or Europe? We have great surgeons here in the USA who areperienced and have been doing the FUE procedure for 10-20 years or longer. Yes, the prices are cheaper but you still have to consider other expenses. It is all up to the patient wherever he or she feels comfortable that is where the procedure should be done. I do agree with your comment start with a surgeon who has experience doing the FUE manually.

I did not have one in those areas but know many folks that have. I had mine in Canada. You are right long term experience does matter along with numerous other factors. There aren`t many FUE only surgeons in North America. Majority of surgeries are done in FUT or combination of the two. I would suggest picking doctors who are highly skilled and dedicate complete focus towards one patient at a time.

Prices in Europe/Turkey are cheap, but that's including flight and hotels. Over here you also have to worry about hotel, travel costs, taxation, and average fue prices of $7 per graft. I know of 2 surgeons in US that solely focus on fue and are active on these forums. Overseas, you got way more fue only surgeons that not only do everything manually, but they work on you with very little assistance and focus on one patient, one scalp, one customer at a time.
    You are right, it is about where the patient feels comfortable, but then again we must not let location be a factor when deciding on a very skilled surgeon. Should a person pay more when docs rely on their techs and do multiple surgeries per day or should a person pay more when a doc does just your scalp manually one graft at a time one patient at a time?