+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yeah but you said the same thing about fin. OVerall, I think fin and RU will keep you in good stead.

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    How can it done? I had several blood test, all are fine.. My family has a lot of baldies.. My dad is NW99999
    Blood tests are the only way I know of. But check out the wikipedia article on hair loss, it lists many possible factors, even things like excess vitamins.

However most cases of male hair loss are MPB. I only brought it up since your loss pattern seems completely diffuse.

Technically it is possible that you could make gains in the next several months. My fin results peaked around the 15 month mark or something like that, but then again I definitely was seeing results before 11 months.
    Dutasteride might be worth trying.. I recommend brand name Avodart but is is an expensive treatment compared to fin.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Blood tests are the only way I know of. But check out the wikipedia article on hair loss, it lists many possible factors, even things like excess vitamins.

However most cases of male hair loss are MPB. I only brought it up since your loss pattern seems completely diffuse.

Technically it is possible that you could make gains in the next several months. My fin results peaked around the 15 month mark or something like that, but then again I definitely was seeing results before 11 months.
    Dutasteride might be worth trying.. I recommend brand name Avodart but is is an expensive treatment compared to fin.
    I have tried Avodart for one month then crazy shedding hit me.. I shocked about the massive shedding and had to stop... I think i should wait one more year

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    I have tried Avodart for one month then crazy shedding hit me.. I shocked about the massive shedding and had to stop... I think i should wait one more year
    i see the bit of thinness you are concerned about, even though you still have a great head of hair and hairline

propecia and minox can cause an initial shedding but this will return stronger than ever

MINOX will most definitely cause a massive shed in the first year

propecia 1 pill a day
    and
    minox 2x a day

consistency is the key

the minox is a pain though
    although now they have a foam base which you can use as mousse

don't worry
    from the look of your hairline, this is just a blip you are going through

I quit fin for this very reason. My hairloss was not bad at all, so I started fin so it would stop my hairloss and I would still have plenty of hair. In the 6months on fin I lost more hair than I ever lost over the 3years before that I started to notice hairloss. Lost a ton of ground due to huge shedding. After I stopped my hair seemed to thicken back up some, but the damage was already done. I would stop fin now cause its not going to get any better. Some people just don't react well to the hormone changes and it speeds up your mpb it seems

Quote Originally Posted by baldnotbeautiful View Post
    I quit fin for this very reason. My hairloss was not bad at all, so I started fin so it would stop my hairloss and I would still have plenty of hair. In the 6months on fin I lost more hair than I ever lost over the 3years before that I started to notice hairloss. Lost a ton of ground due to huge shedding. After I stopped my hair seemed to thicken back up some, but the damage was already done. I would stop fin now cause its not going to get any better. Some people just don't react well to the hormone changes and it speeds up your mpb it seems
    How long did you use and how long have you been off? Did you recover the sheds from finasteride?

used from may-nov of last year...been off since last nov. No my hair has never recovered

Quote Originally Posted by baldnotbeautiful View Post
    I would have just stuck with it. At 4.5 months in myself, I understand your frustration, but I still think it deserves a full 12 months.

Regardless, I'm about to add dut once a week. If I am having reflex hyperandrogenecity, then I'll probably nuke myself bald. Either way, I was headed there one pace or another.

shedding is not necessarily bad guys, i'd reccomend you ride out a shed rather than just getting off the drug! It could definitely mean your hair is cycling back to normal again!

anyway to OP, stay on fin.

maybe try out indo/crom or CET if you wanna experiment with some PGD2(they seem fairly safe).

baldnotbeautiful, this is off topic, but did you end having PRP + Acell done with Dr. Cooley? If so, anything to report?