+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Frenchy... my story

Hi all,

I'm 27 and during the last 9 months I've lost a lot of hair. Now they are thiner with a poor density. So fare I don't have any specific bald spot and hope it will stay like since. I've been taking propecia for 2 months so it's a bit short to notice any result.

What is suprising is that nobody in my familly is bald. My father who is 60 years old doesn't suffer from any kind of hair loss, my mother's brothers neither and my two grand father were not bald by the time of their death ...

Is there any of you that are in the same situation ? I'm having difficulties in understanding why I'm the only one in the family to lose his hair .

I'm a trader (and not a happy from Goldman Sachs with a huge bonus...) so I've been under pressure over the last 2 years. Is the thining / hair loss can be the consequence of the daily stress I have to deal with ?

Cheers,

The Frenchy

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrenchy View Post
    Hi all,

I'm 27 and during the last 9 months I've lost a lot of hair. Now they are thiner with a poor density. So fare I don't have any specific bald spot and hope it will stay like since. I've been taking propecia for 2 months so it's a bit short to notice any result.

What is suprising is that nobody in my familly is bald. My father who is 60 years old doesn't suffer from any kind of hair loss, my mother's brothers neither and my two grand father were not bald by the time of their death ...

Is there any of you that are in the same situation ? I'm having difficulties in understanding why I'm the only one in the family to lose his hair .

I'm a trader (and not a happy from Goldman Sachs with a huge bonus...) so I've been under pressure over the last 2 years. Is the thining / hair loss can be the consequence of the daily stress I have to deal with ?

Cheers,

The Frenchy
    I didn't thought that I could be the only one in that situation...

Not a big deal, congratulation guys for this forum, a lot of interesting contents.

Cheers

Smile

Frenchy,
    I just noticed that no one dropped in to answer yuor questions. I guess there is so much going on here that people have their own interests. It is possible that stress is causing your hair loss, but you should see a doctor to make sure that you don't have male pattern baldness. If you do you can take medicine for it that works like Propecia. It works best if you start young so you shouldn't wait to long to see a doctor.
    Good luck to you.

Thanks Winston for this answer. But I thought that male pattern baldness is something hereditary, is it possible to have it without any member of my family "suffering" of male pattern baldness ?

Cheers.

Frenchy,
    I doctor would not prescribe Propecia unless you have MPB. If you haven't seen a doctor and got your pills on the internet you should see one to make sure that you are not taking medicine for nothing.

Frenchy, have you noticed any recession of your hairline? Or is it just diffuse thinning?
    And about the hereditary thing.. I'm experiencing MPB, and no one in my family is bald. In fact, my grandfather has thicker hair than most people in their 30s. I have no idea how I ended up with this shit, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Thanks guys for those answers.

I've an appointment with a one of the best dermatologist in Paris next week, we'll see. The first one that I saw was a women and didn't seem to be really concern with my hairloss problem, that's why I decided to book an appointement with another one.

As I said in my first post I'm a trader, I've beeing doing this now for 3 years and I've been thinking about resigning for one year now (hopefully this will happen next week !!). So I would say that I've been under pressure since a long time.

I tought that MPB was mostly a hereditary thing and as mentionned before there is no case of MPB in my family but Buckerine11 i guess that I'm wrong if you're saying that you have MPB without any member of my family suffering from it.

I have a recession of my hairline, my hair are thin and what is really suprising is that it happened in a really short time. When I look at a picture of me one year ago and a picture of me now I can see how big the difference is...

Cheers

TheFrenchy, I think both of us are in the same situation. None of my family members had balding issue. Unfortunately, I am new here myself, so I am still looking around and trying to figure out what to do next.

Good luck and I hope you will find the info that you're looking for.

Default Worst then ever...

Hi guys,

A follow up of my fight against hairloss...
    I've been propecia for 6 months now and I have to say that I'm quit concerned about what is going with hair hairloss.
    My hair quality is worst then ever, very thin and they are getting blonder and blonder, the recession of my frontal hair line is now obvious (to me and to my friends, it was not the case before). The amount of my daily loss of hair is the same as 6 months ago (or perhaps even more important).
    Good point.... I didn't experienced any kind of side effects.

I'm really concerned because I take religiously my Propecia everyday, I pay a close attention to my diet (low sugar and grains regimen), I quit alcool, I take some Iron, Zinc complements, I drink a lot of green tea, I don't smoke, I exercise my self every day, I use a specific shampoo (Node DS) well to sum up I fight hard against my hairloss !

But with no good results so far and I must say that I'm getting quite discourage by this.

And when I take into account the fact that in my familly there is no history of MPB (on both sides of my familly) it makes me think that I'm definitly not very lucky with this MPB (I went to a doctor, the best french practitioner regarding MPB/hairloss and for him there is no other cause of this hairloss then MPB....).

If any of you has advices or comments please feel free !

Cheers,

The Frenchy

9 months on Propecia, I added Rogaine Foam and Nizoral 1% to my regimen 3 months ago.

Things are pretty bad for me, hairline is worse then ever hair is thinner then 9 months ago.

How is it possible, how can I suffer from MPB while no one in my familly is bald, I am severely depressed, I don't get it.