Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlightTL
    • Jun 2011

Hair loss is so difficult because....

Hair loss is difficult because we are trying to "GAIN" hair.

Other things like obesity are easy because we are trying to "LOSE" something.... It's much easier to lose than gain.
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

I want to GAIN muscle, GAIN money, GAIN a good-looking girl.

As far as hair goes, I just want something on top of my head to hide my skull shape, frame my face, and make me look youthful. That's just all there is to it.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
      • Feb 2011

I think hair loss is so difficult because there is really no effective way to regrow hair. With regards to obesity, one has the ability to lose weight. I've never been obese, but I was overweight for a time and I lost the weight through dieting and exercise. Earlier in my life, I wanted to gain muscle so I worked out and took supplements. What's absolutely maddening is that it's very possible for a person to gain muscle and lose weight, yet there is still no effective way to regrow hair.

Comment

• Morbo
        • Jan 2012

I think the worst thing about balding is that it works the same way a lethal disease works for someone. You feel bad or terrible about something and you know it's never gonna get better, it's even gonna get worse.

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Hair loss is difficult because it forces us to understand the truth in impermanence; the idea that all things fade away (and die) in time.

This is hard for most to come to terms with. We can essentially liken it to the experience of death, but to a lesser extent.

Comment

• horte
            • Mar 2013

Hair loss is so hard because there is no forgetting about it. I always see hairs on my keyboard and check my hands after touching my hair in the shower just to see how many hairs came out. Its so hard to slowly watch your hair recede away and have limited options to "slow it down"

Comment

• ResearchNeverfails
              • Jun 2011

Hairloss is difficult for me because of all the young men suffering out there not knowing there is something they can do about it. Whats worse, the treatment is free and relatively easy but requires serious dicipline that nobody can profit on so recognition on the subject is near impossilbe. Hair loss was mistakenly handed to the doctors to blow off for a century and write off anything they cant explain as simply ginetics.

Comment

• clandestine
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by ResearchNeverfails
                Hairloss is difficult for me because of all the young men suffering out there not knowing there is something they can do about it. Whats worse, the treatment is free and relatively easy but requires serious dicipline that nobody can profit on so recognition on the subject is near impossilbe. Hair loss was mistakenly handed to the doctors to blow off for a century and write off anything they cant explain as simply ginetics.
                What? I thought you cured yourself by not masturbating?

You're still suffering with hair loss? Go figure.

Comment

• ResearchNeverfails
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
                  What? I thought you cured yourself by not masturbating?

You're still suffering with hair loss? Go figure.
                  Just stopped by to check in. No hair loss here friend.

Comment

• Proper
                    • Mar 2013

Hairloss makes me angry and there is no guaranteed solution which makes me angrier.

Comment

• AndyCourtly
                      • Mar 2013

Hairloss is difficult because most of the times starts when you are young, and there is no real cure to it, hairloss is difficult because the hair frames the face´s proportions, the hair is the half of the face´s beauty, and hairloss makes you wear the worst hairstyle in all history of humanity, because imagine if we were balding only on our sides, nobody would yell about it, but no, the worst hairstyle of all history, and its obligatory for life, with your deformed skull getting spots due to the sun, id even say, that being bald is worse than a bad hairstyle.... at least your skull doesnt shine.

Comment

• lucrio
                        • Aug 2011

Hairloss is difficult because it can make a motivated person who has always worked hard to solve any problem thrown at them feel incompetent and helpless. People who will work hard to get what they want have little to no recourse against hairloss. People like this are ones who do not accept defeat because it prevents them from being successful. These kinds of people must accept however that hairloss, as of today, is essentially a losing battle. That is something that hard working, successful, motivated people have never had to do and it puts them in a distressing dilemma. We can solve so many of our problems and difficulties through perserverance but right now, we cannot cure our balding heads with that same hard work.

Comment

• sausage
                          • Jan 2012

Because of so many reasons.........

1. Sunburn

2. Sensitive to cold

3. Oily hair/scalp

4. Embarrassing

5. Low self esteem

6. Less interest from the opposite sex

7. You get abused for it

8. Reclusiveness

9. Makes you ugly

10. Stops you from doing things, changes your behavior.

11. There is no cure

12. Current hair restoration/treatments are expensive, not great and can cause side effects.

Comment

• burtandernie
                            • Nov 2012

Hair loss is so difficult because current treatments suck even just stopping your hair loss propecia cant stop a mature hair line or stop it completely just slow down the inevitable. Other men without the problem only highlights those that do.
                            Regrowing hair is a whole different ball game and its a game at the moment you cant win.
                            Its also painful that future treatments take so many years to get to market the waiting is torture.

Comment

Working...