+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Desmond and x4342, you guys are totally and absolutely right. I’ve been a member on here for a bit more than 2 years and I’ve been railing about this ever since the beginning of my membership on the forum because it seems so incredibly obvious to me. Most of these HT surgeons simply do not want a cellular cure for baldness. They always give ridiculously long timelines about when hair multiplication will be a reality and they always denigrate new and improved hair loss treatments. They do this because if hair multiplication or some method of reviving dormant hair follicles became a reality, their practices of moving hair from one place to another would become obsolete. Or at the very least, they would take extremely significant hits in their pocketbooks. So they spout these extremely long timelines about when hair multiplication will be achieved so that your average hair loss sufferer will be led to believe that hair multiplication (or any non-surgical method of hair restoration) will not be a reality anytime soon, and this sufferer will then be more prone to settle for going through with a hair transplant. Nobody wants to lose money or take significant losses to their business and that’s precisely what would happen to these HT surgeons if a solution like hair multiplication came along.

My aforementioned points are further evidenced by the fact that we never ever see any stitch of innovation from these FUT surgeons unless it is some slight derivative of a hair transplant. For them, any method of hair restoration seemingly must involve some type of surgical transplantation. It is also evidenced by the fact that this HT surgeon stating that some new breakthrough from hair multiplication will somehow still be another version of a hair transplant, despite the fact that this is not at all the goals of the people who are developing some of the more promising new cellular treatments.

Desmond is a very reasonable and intelligent guy, and he really does have every right to be angry. We are being jerked around by an industry dominated by people who constantly propose hair transplants to be the only viable treatment of hair restoration, even when they know full well that the vast majority of hair loss sufferers do not get these hair transplants in the first place. We are being jerked around by an industry where not only is there virtually no innovation, but virtually no attempt towards innovation whatsoever. The exceptions of course being Dr. Nigam, Histogen, Replicel, and others, and God bless these people/companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    I sincerely apologise for the following few sentences. Apologies for any profanities but it's necessary:

I'm sick to my stomach of all these HT surgeons and their FUT strip scars....an industry that changes slower than tectonic plates...research funding that can't even feed one African family one f***ing meal...scientists and doctors that laugh when they hear their patient is struggling with hairloss....and don't even get me started on girls that describe someone they just met as the "bald one" behind their back with a big smirk on their faces...and finally waiting around for someone to find the cure!

I'm going down to the basement and getting my whiteboard and physiology books! Let's prove all these FUT wrong...When people can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period. Thanks pursuit of happiness for giving me directions.

Sorry once more but nothing frustrates me more than a HT surgeon giving us estimates on HM.
    Desmond, ever since I started to notice that I was losing hair myself, I started researching potential cures/treatments. I'm not a scientist but I looked at various scientific papers and looked at what substances or chemicals could specifically grow hair on humans. I'll post them soon and maybe you could offer your input. You're right, if these FUT surgeons are unwilling to develop ways to regrow hair (other than surgery), then we should definitely research this stuff ourselves and perhaps give scientists or the scant few people in the hair loss industry who actually want to innovate, some new ideas on what could possibly stimulate hair regrowth.

Desmond:
    I hear you bro!

DPHL:

Yes, you nailed it in regards to "innovation." The whole "hair restoration=hair transplant" ideology is a major problem. The truth is there can't be much innovation if it's still fundamentally a transplant. It's funny to hear some doctors talk about how much the field has changed and all the innovations.

"We have robots, transplant pens, whorl recreation technology, and even body hair transplants! The field is really advancing!"

2013: Hair transplant.
    2023: Better transplant.
    2043: hyper-advanced transplant.

2103: dematerialized transporter transplant. Your surgeon will beam himself through the wall into the operating room where he will then perform a hair transplant.

The future looks bright.

man ok i really thank you , i really loughed to death
    Quote Originally Posted by x4342 View Post
    Desmond:
    I hear you bro!

DPHL:

Yes, you nailed it in regards to "innovation." The whole "hair restoration=hair transplant" ideology is a major problem. The truth is there can't be much innovation if it's still fundamentally a transplant. It's funny to hear some doctors talk about how much the field has changed and all the innovations.

"We have robots, transplant pens, whorl recreation technology, and even body hair transplants! The field is really advancing!"

2103: dematerialized transporter transplant. Your surgeon will beam himself through the wall into the operating room where he will then perform a hair transplant.

The future looks bright.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    And what of those sorry few who experience sides on Propecia, 25? We would hope to be entirely proactive, but lack the tools to do so.

What are they to do?
    Yes that is a good point. 2% keto shampoo and minox are the obvious choices, other than that I guess experimentals. ALso it would not hurt to try some of the natural supplements in your situation. In fact I recently started several extracts....curcumin, green tea, grape seed, & soon nettle leaf. I have no idea if any of them will do anything. They are supposed to be helpful for inflammation and possibly perifollicular fibrosis? But those might not have anything to do with causing MPB, maybe they are just symptoms.

I am truly sorry for your situation, you seem like a good dude. You got gyno from fin if I remember right....has it settled or are you hoping to reverse it? And I hate to ask but, if you already have set gyno from fin, is it possible you would be better off just continuing the medication? I.e. maybe the damage is already done and you might as well save your hair?

Quote Originally Posted by x4342 View Post
    Desmond:
    I hear you bro!

DPHL:

The future looks bright.
    Hahahaha, a dematerialized transporter transplant. The rest is really so sad, yet so true. We need dramatic changes in the hair restoration industry because most hair loss sufferers are not being adequately served.