+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sorry I don't follow all these new potential methods but seriously 20-30 years to clone human hairs? Scientists have been cloning whole animals since the 1950's and still unable to clone a simple follicle? That's sad...

Why is everybody throwing around dates?

Who the **** knows? This forum is officially dead to me, I'm going to continue to be optimistic and patient for Follica to cure us. Have a good life people.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Why is everybody throwing around dates?

Who the **** knows? This forum is officially dead to me, I'm going to continue to be optimistic and patient for Follica to cure us. Have a good life people.
    Haha

The big theme of hair loss treatment breakthroughs for the last 15 (20? 25?) years: everything is taking much longer than we expected.

Maybe he is wrong about it being 20-30 years off. Maybe he is right. The message to take away from this and from everything that has happened since people in the 90s were saying "hair multiplication is 5 years away," is that if you are losing your hair now, you need a viable treatment plan using what is available today.

Waiting around for the big breakthrough? Look at the guy who made that choice in 1997 when he was on the fence about Propecia/minox. He was 23 and NW2 then, now he is almost 40 and NW7. Still waiting around for the next big thing when he could have spent his 20s and maybe even his 30s with a decent head of hair.

If your hair loss attack plan revolves around something that you can not buy today, you are very likely shooting yourself in the foot

And what of those sorry few who experience sides on Propecia, 25? We would hope to be entirely proactive, but lack the tools to do so.

What are they to do?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    And what of those sorry few who experience sides on Propecia, 25? We would hope to be entirely proactive, but lack the tools to do so.

What are they to do?
    Absolutely nothing you can do, except experimentals. But simply discussing treatments and release dates will do nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hairy View Post
    http://www.mdnewhair.com/blog/

"The good news is that extensive research is being performed on ways to clone hair in the lab and we could see hair cloning in practice in perhaps 20-30 years."

Is this guy saying that in order to get the people on the fence to get an HT? Or does he truly believe it?
    For some strange reason, I have a strong urge to judo chop this guy right in the throat.

I sincerely apologise for the following few sentences. Apologies for any profanities but it's necessary:

I'm sick to my stomach of all these HT surgeons and their FUT strip scars....an industry that changes slower than tectonic plates...research funding that can't even feed one African family one f***ing meal...scientists and doctors that laugh when they hear their patient is struggling with hairloss....and don't even get me started on girls that describe someone they just met as the "bald one" behind their back with a big smirk on their faces...and finally waiting around for someone to find the cure!

I'm going down to the basement and getting my whiteboard and physiology books! Let's prove all these FUT wrong...When people can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period. Thanks pursuit of happiness for giving me directions.

Sorry once more but nothing frustrates me more than a HT surgeon giving us estimates on HM.
    Last edited by Winston; 07-02-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Inappropriate, defamatory word removed

Its really sad to hear this but it is what it is, HT and SMP will still be around in the years to come unless dr nigam or someone else comes up with real solution such as doubling or hm

im in my 30s now and I always thought if I was 10 years younger I would have dodged the bullet, the way things are now we still only have propecia and minox to fight HL.

young guys who are born in 1990s are still fkd, perhaps those born after year 2000 will have some better options to stop/regrow hairs but I wouldn't put my money on it. Things are just taking much longer than expected and maybe 20-30 years away for HM is more realistic than say '5 years'

I remember when Aderans was saying in mid 2000s that they will get HM on the market by the end of 'this decade'(2010), it was on their website....now we are in 2013 and as you can see its still '5 years away'

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    I sincerely apologise for the following few sentences. Apologies for any profanities but it's necessary:

I'm sick to my stomach of all these HT surgeons and their FUT strip scars....an industry that changes slower than tectonic plates...research funding that can't even feed one African family one f***ing meal...scientists and doctors that laugh when they hear their patient is struggling with hairloss....and don't even get me started on girls that describe someone they just met as the "bald one" behind their back with a big smirk on their faces...and finally waiting around for someone to find the cure!

I'm going down to the basement and getting my whiteboard and physiology books! Let's prove all these FUT wrong...When people can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period. Thanks pursuit of happiness for giving me directions.

Sorry once more but nothing frustrates me more than a HT surgeon giving us estimates on HM.
    Boldy is doing just that, as well as Nigam. I think the treatment points towards three pathways:

1) Cell based therapy like ARI - what Nigam is doing, especially some of the 3d dp culture stuff is to watch out for.
    2) Follica style neogenesis - this we can model easily in DIY experiments
    3) Histogen - growth factor injections

I agree with you, the only way to go about this will be to do it ourselves. Things like RU/CB are just finasteride alternatives.