+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Something along the lines of creating this but making it less patchy and more even but obviously still thin but giving coverage and getting rid of the bald skin look:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...threadid=99331

This was the closest I could find for what we're both looking for. A "thin but even" look, but this guy threw SMP into the mix.

Even in this case however, you'll see that they still didn't quite do the "Jude Law" hairline (or the hair pattern of the guy in the picture). It's still a basic "U" shape.

Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post

This was the closest I could find for what we're both looking for. A "thin but even" look, but this guy threw SMP into the mix.

Even in this case however, you'll see that they still didn't quite do the "Jude Law" hairline (or the hair pattern of the guy in the picture). It's still a basic "U" shape.
    This would be my third option....

1st would be: That kind of Jude Law receded thin messy style look.

if not possible....

2nd: The Wesley Sneijder thinning sprinkles buzz cut which at least should surely be possible, but if I felt it needed 'thickening up' then I would go onto the.....

3rd: Add some SMP dots.

The outcome of the guy in that link looks good enough but I would be interested to see what it looks like in person as I have wondered how 2 Dimensional dots would look layered with 3 Dimensional hair. I have a feeling that up close it won't look good but hopefully I am wrong.

Why did the guy have SMP before he had FUE, was that his idea or was it recommended to him. I would have thought it would be better to have FUE first then fill in the gaps with SMP. The way round that it has been done means hairs will be over layered on black dots which would surely give a less realistic look. The only reason why I think it could have been done the way it has is because SMP may damage the new grafted hairs? :S

Another thing I have noticed about the guy in that link. His hairline is so unnaturally designed, it is so perfectly smooth it doesn't look right.....see the image 'Post 7mos fue Post 8 mos smp'

Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post

I was going to suggest this. Why not just get the hair tattoo. They look pretty good and are reversible now.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    I was going to suggest this. Why not just get the hair tattoo. They look pretty good and are reversible now.
    1. Because the hair tattoo can look awful on some people. They definitely work well on darker skin, but not sure about white guys.

2. I will know that I have ink all over my head and that would be weird.

3. Other people will know i have ink all over my head and think I am weird.

They are my concerns. I don't think I could get just SMP. I think I would need some hair their too and the SMP could just fill the gaps.....

Still I think a HT alone could achieve something reasonable that could work for me.

1. Because the hair tattoo can look awful on some people. They definitely work well on darker skin, but not sure about white guys.

2. I will know that I have ink all over my head and that would be weird.

3. Other people will know i have ink all over my head and think I am weird.

They are my concerns. I don't think I could get just SMP. I think I would need some hair their too and the SMP could just fill the gaps.....

Still I think a HT alone could achieve something reasonable that could work for me.
    This is what I thought, until I saw this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHw0lRM8gUM

check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    This is what I thought, until I saw this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHw0lRM8gUM

check this out.
    It doesn't look good on every white guy, some look silly. I think it is an improvement for that guy.

I think that it is such a short shaved look that it makes people look thuggish....what makes it worse is that it looks like you have chosen to have that look which gives off a negative impression to people.

I am not totally ruling it out but so many things are off putting about it.

I want to try to work out some kind of hair transplant before even considering putting dots on my head.

It doesn't look good on every white guy, some look silly. I think it is an improvement for that guy.

I think that it is such a short shaved look that it makes people look thuggish....what makes it worse is that it looks like you have chosen to have that look which gives off a negative impression to people.

I am not totally ruling it out but so many things are off putting about it.

I want to try to work out some kind of hair transplant before even considering putting dots on my head.
    Put up the source where it doesn't look good on other 'white guys' . You cant just 'say' white guys dont look good. Show us.

The guy in the video has a huge over shaped head. He is the worst candidate you can imagine yet it turned out great.

As for the hair transplant, I am not a NW6 and I would consult a doctor regarding 3500 grafts for a guy in your position. They will give you the best advice.

I am a NW 3 at age 47 so I would not be the best guy to ask.

Don't worry I wasn't asking you specifically. I am speaking with consultants at the moment.

This is just an example of someone who has had SMP but the hairline from ear to ear just doesn't look right.......this is typical of SMP, the hairline rarely looks natural enough.

http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic...balding/page-3

In the close-up photo you can see the the dots in the hairline are way too big.

To me the new hairline looks too low and the shape of the hairline looks too harsh and too
    manufactured.

Look at the photo taken from the side, the SMP dots are darker than his natural hair. I thought they were supposed to match the ink to the hair tone. The top of his head and down too his temples are dark creating some silly shape on his head.

What makes this worse is the older you get the more ridiculous this is going to look.

I have yet to see a receded version of SMP, I have a feeling that may work better and look more natural....maybe..I'll have to research.

two sessions with nigam-low price-nw1. what else? more dense? go once more......your donour is unlimitted......
    Hi,

Say you have a Norwood 6, you only have 3500 grafts to play with.

Can you achieve anything worthwhile in this situation with only 3500 grafts.

Getting as much coverage as possible with a high-ish hairline and a medium density - or to be more specific a density that is at the limit of what looks reasonable, maybe a thinning look but obviously not too much.

I am obviously trying to work out what the best outcome you can achieve at the limits of density and coverage, how dense or sparse can you go before hair looks too thin.

I have been on one of those graft calculator things (yes I know they are not particularly accurate but they surely are some way to a guesstimate of what works)..... http://www.hshairclinic.co.uk/hair-l...ft-calculator/

I selected the 3-7 areas for coverage with a receded look. I also selected the density of 32 grafts per square centimeter which worked out as a total of 3500 grafts. So according to this it is quite possible to re-build a receded look with coverage with this amount of grafts.

Is 32 grafts per square cm going to be a reasonable density?

Can this work.

Quote Originally Posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE View Post
    two sessions with nigam-low price-nw1. what else? more dense? go once more......your donour is unlimitted......
    Dr Nigam has a long way to go to proving what he can do and needs to get it going mainstream before any of what he claims will be believable.