+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Aye.

I think it's a bit f-ing ridiculous that even now Aderans aren't saying anything about this, I mean if you Google Aderans Research Institute in liquidation then the auction site comes up stating that it is a full liquidation sale. Surely any self respecting company would have got a public statement out before the auction website did it for them. Just all seems so unprofessional and quite disrespectful to the people who have been following their progress

The least they could do is make some kind of public announcement.

Their communication skills were always pretty shocking to be fair. Doesn't surprise me

Some kind of official release would be courteous though

Don't blame Washenik though. I don't think he has any say in it.

What's our plan of attack guys? (apart from fin obviously). With Aderans out of the picture and Histogen taking a year off there's no official products expected to be released until 2017.

Dr Nigams 3D spheroidal DP technology is all we have in the near future and possibly his collaboration with Dr Gerd (the smokey man behind lauster) might yield some serious results.

Time for a monthly update on cutting edge treatments brother rdawg :-)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post

I think it's a bit f-ing ridiculous that even now Aderans aren't saying anything about this, I mean if you Google Aderans Research Institute in liquidation then the auction site comes up stating that it is a full liquidation sale. Surely any self respecting company would have got a public statement out before the auction website did it for them. Just all seems so unprofessional and quite disrespectful to the people who have been following their progress...
    ... since DECADES, in fact.

I'm still somewhat disappointed too, because "ARI" (Aderans Research Institute) has (had), in fact, everything what's basically needed to get at least "something" or at least "anything" useful to work:

- enough and independent research funds;
    - "top" scientists
    - all necessary laboratory facilities;
    - and finally - TIME.

I really don't get it:
    Just around 1.5 years ago, the following article was published and I posted at HS the following (Oct. 4, 2011 - google it!):

I've just checked this issue again …

The Aderans Research Institute (ARI) was officially opened on July 1, 2002 and at the same time they took over the assets of the former research company Bioamide – that has been the point where the BIG “sponsors” behind ARI named Unihair (former simply “Aderans”) already started to invest into this research adventure called “hair cloning” …

Anyway, if I understand the following part from the article below correct ...

-------------------
    “Aderans [Unihair] has invested nearly $100 million in developing the follicle cell multiplying technology. An ADDITIONAL $50 milion will be required TO COMMERCIALIZE the technology."
    -------------------
    Source: http://www.aderansresearch.com/pdfs/...ChronAug11.pdf

...then they (Unihair) have already invested into ARI’s work nearly $100 million since 2002!

So the BIG question is (I guess for the Unihair guys behind ARI too) – what for?

I mean, since 2002, they made not 1 single groundbreaking finding. Everything is still based on old/existing research findings ...

Let’s suppose YOU (readers/HS-users) are the big boss/sponsor behind ARI - what would YOU do with the guys behind "ARI" (Washenik, Stenn etc) in such a situation?

Yeah, that's still an open question on one hand...

...actually now an answered question on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    What's our plan of attack guys? (apart from fin obviously). With Aderans out of the picture and Histogen taking a year off there's no official products expected to be released until 2017.
    IMO we need to find a growth stimulant that works synergistically w/ PGD2 blockers. Enough people have stopped their loss on either CET or indo/chromo to convince me there is some merit to the theory, meaning there may be merit to the PGE2 and PGF2 elements of the theory as well.

To date, I know of no forum member who is both inhibiting PGD2 via treatment as well as promoting PGE2/PGF2 via a separate treatment (as the latter prostaglandins might be promoted naturally if PGD2 is inhibited, not sure).

Going by the tiny amount of indomethacin we're taking in the iron dragon combo, coupled with the fact that many users have been using it for upwards of 5 months with no sides reported, I'm not concerned about any of the reported systemic sides of much higher doses of indomethacin. Meaning I am optimistic that I may have found a side effect free hair loss treatment that can possibly stop my hairloss in its tracks. The next logical step is to find a regrowth agent, and it would be wise to explore those agents hypothesized in the same theory that led us to CET and indo/chromo. Just my 2 cents...

Des, what do you think of this theory, just found it on HS:

Phase 1 - stopping hair loss
    Use cromo + indo (and ramatroban and d-cloprostenol if you can afford them) for 8-12 weeks or until no more shedding is observed

Phase 2 - creating regrowth (hopefully)
    Drop cromo and indo for at 2-4 weeks and use d-cloprostenol and ramatroban together. Ramatroban should inhibit PGD2 activity at the receptor while giving the various other prostaglandins and growth factors a chance to work, and the d-cloprostenol should have a good chance at regrowth since it is like an ultra-powerful version of latanoprost/bimatoprost/etc.

The poor man's version would be an initial 8-12 weeks of just cromo + indo, then 2-4 week blocks of cromo + indo alternating with 2-4 week blocks of nothing but d-cloprostenol and ramatroban.

The rich man's version would be an initial 8-12 weeks of cromo, indo, ramatroban, and cloprostenol, and simply drop the cromo + indo (while continuing ramatroban + d-cloprostenol) for 2-4 weeks at a time.

The ramatroban should be sufficient to prevent further hair loss but probably won't be as likely to inhibit the desirable regrowth effects. The d-cloprostenol is probably, currently, the best chance at regrowth seeing there is direct human and primate evidence that PGF2a agonists can cause regrowth under perfect conditions.

The question is how to achieve those conditions, i.e. how not to interfere with regrowth, while still preventing progression of alopecia.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post

The question is how to achieve those conditions, i.e. how not to interfere with regrowth, while still preventing progression of alopecia.
    Yeah, and here, for example, you'll find THE scientific answers:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=12742

...namely, basically NOT AT ALL! But these FACTS are just something for all those guys, who are able to read and to understand....

By the way: All this (link above) is something the ARI guys (as well the investors behind "ARI"), of course, KNOW all this too! - and snake oil sellers, they simply don't like these facts ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    IMO we need to find a growth stimulant that works synergistically w/ PGD2 blockers. Enough people have stopped their loss on either CET or indo/chromo to convince me there is some merit to the theory, meaning there may be merit to the PGE2 and PGF2 elements of the theory as well.

To date, I know of no forum member who is both inhibiting PGD2 via treatment as well as promoting PGE2/PGF2 via a separate treatment (as the latter prostaglandins might be promoted naturally if PGD2 is inhibited, not sure).

Going by the tiny amount of indomethacin we're taking in the iron dragon combo, coupled with the fact that many users have been using it for upwards of 5 months with no sides reported, I'm not concerned about any of the reported systemic sides of much higher doses of indomethacin. Meaning I am optimistic that I may have found a side effect free hair loss treatment that can possibly stop my hairloss in its tracks. The next logical step is to find a regrowth agent, and it would be wise to explore those agents hypothesized in the same theory that led us to CET and indo/chromo. Just my 2 cents...

Des, what do you think of this theory, just found it on HS:

Phase 1 - stopping hair loss
    Use cromo + indo (and ramatroban and d-cloprostenol if you can afford them) for 8-12 weeks or until no more shedding is observed

Phase 2 - creating regrowth (hopefully)
    Drop cromo and indo for at 2-4 weeks and use d-cloprostenol and ramatroban together. Ramatroban should inhibit PGD2 activity at the receptor while giving the various other prostaglandins and growth factors a chance to work, and the d-cloprostenol should have a good chance at regrowth since it is like an ultra-powerful version of latanoprost/bimatoprost/etc.

The poor man's version would be an initial 8-12 weeks of just cromo + indo, then 2-4 week blocks of cromo + indo alternating with 2-4 week blocks of nothing but d-cloprostenol and ramatroban.

The rich man's version would be an initial 8-12 weeks of cromo, indo, ramatroban, and cloprostenol, and simply drop the cromo + indo (while continuing ramatroban + d-cloprostenol) for 2-4 weeks at a time.

The ramatroban should be sufficient to prevent further hair loss but probably won't be as likely to inhibit the desirable regrowth effects. The d-cloprostenol is probably, currently, the best chance at regrowth seeing there is direct human and primate evidence that PGF2a agonists can cause regrowth under perfect conditions.

Very interesting ideas indeed Conpecia. Unfortunately, I can't tell you much about these theories at this point as I'm not very familiar with any of these treatments you've mentioned.

I'll be doing my research on these this weekend and will get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Don't blame Washenik though. I don't think he has any say in it.

Dr Nigams 3D spheroidal DP technology is all we have in the near future and possibly his collaboration with Dr Gerd (the smokey man behind lauster) might yield some serious results.

Time for a monthly update on cutting edge treatments brother rdawg :-)
    Why do you say Histogen are 'taking a year off'?

I'm at a total loss here, I guess I'm going to have to give in to my fear and take propecia...