Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jcm800
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by JulioGP
    Not sure I understand your question correctly (language problems), but it would be efficient and effective take 0.5mg every other day. In theory, it would almost the same effect as a dose of 1 mg daily.
    It's ok Julio, we're talking about the same thing, I mean half a 1mg tablet every other day, and so do you I think. But what about a quarter of a tablet 0.25 mg every other day, or twice per week, maybe Mon and Thurs?

Comment

• JulioGP
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Jcm800
      It's ok Julio, we're talking about the same thing, I mean half a 1mg tablet every other day, and so do you I think. But what about a quarter of a tablet 0.25 mg every other day, or twice per week, maybe Mon and Thurs?
      The problem is that looking at the graphs, the comparison shows that the drug is acting on various different days of the comparison shows that the effectiveness of the scalp (we donīt know it was daily or every xxx days).

If we take the effectiveness 0.25 (or 0.2) in the graph showing the effectiveness in days, we see that with this dosage is ineffective, but we're talking systematically and not on the scalp which is where it really matters.

Moreover, checking the effectiveness of the scalp to say give 0.2 gives almost the same effect as 1 mg, but in this study did not know whether this dose was taken daily or every xxx days.

In my opinion analyzing these charts (even without having some information), it would be also interesting to use 0.25mg every day instead of 1mg every other day or every three days, but you can not say that 0.25mg two times in week would be effective. Maybe three times a week, but it certainly would be no need to do tests blood/scalp to confirm whether you would not be wasting time with such use.

Comment

• KO1
        • Jan 2012

Nobody will be able to definitively answer this as the studies simply have not been done. However, I don't believe that these lower doses are as effective, but if you cannot tolerate a higher dose, this may be your only choice, and it is better than nothing.

If you suffer sides and want to use fin, you should consider topical finasteride formulations - but you will need to prepare them yourself.

JulioGP - you should watch out for Cosmo Pharma - they are testing their CB 03 01 compound on humans, so that will have gone through human testing like you want.

Comment

• JulioGP
          • Feb 2013

Intesrstin KO1, W´ll study this product, thank you.

If we consider that there is a proportionality, in theory it would be possible to use in this condition, my opinion.

Even though it is using a daily dose or every 3 days, the change that occurs on the scalp compared to the variation that occurs in the system is not different.

If the system there is a reduction of about 70% of DHT and this remains low for a few days, the reduction will also remain on the scalp for a few days because they do not have to be different.

That's because you're attacking the DHT orally and which promotes a reduction of DHT on the scalp is primarily a change in systemic DHT.

I make it clear that this is my opinion.

Comment

• Jcm800
            • Jan 2011

So, KO1 - how long have you been on Fin, do you use generic or Propecia? When you started did you do 1mg seven days a week straight off? How has your experience with it been, all rosey? Or any negatives as well?

Comment

• KO1
              • Jan 2012

I took branded Proscar for 1.5 years now I switch to 0.75 mg dut on average daily. My experience has been maintenance but no regrowth. I may consider taking two duts daily if I don't see any regrowth. I have aggressive loss, so I want to suppress DHT to sub-castrate levels.

No adverse effects though, except for acne, on and off. Which is curiously an androgenic side effect. I personally am surprised more people do not see androgenic side effects, given that Testosterone rises on this drug. Here is a dose ranging study on dutasteride:

I take generic dutas in the morning every day. At night I alternate between branded Proscar and branded Avodart. Just in case my Dutas is fake.

Comment

• Jcm800
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by KO1
                I took branded Proscar for 1.5 years now I switch to 0.75 mg dut on average daily. My experience has been maintenance but no regrowth. I may consider taking two duts daily if I don't see any regrowth. I have aggressive loss, so I want to suppress DHT to sub-castrate levels.

No adverse effects though, except for acne, on and off. Which is curiously an androgenic side effect. I personally am surprised more people do not see androgenic side effects, given that Testosterone rises on this drug. Here is a dose ranging study on dutasteride:

I take generic dutas in the morning every day. At night I alternate between branded Proscar and branded Avodart. Just in case my Dutas is fake.
                Thanks, you have done your studying i guess, seems like a hardcore regime - but like you say, you want to suppress it to the max. Surprised you havent seen any re-growth as yet? Thought guys on Dutas generally did?

Comment

• KO1
                  • Jan 2012

Only started the new regime about 2 months ago as I felt I started to thin again. May Allah/Zeus/Krishna/Sweet Baby Jesus be with me.

Comment

• Jcm800
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by KO1
                    Only started the new regime about 2 months ago as I felt I started to thin again. May Allah/Zeus/Krishna/Sweet Baby Jesus be with me.
                    More power to you dude - may they all be with you, and all of us

Comment

• arg26
                      • Nov 2016

Julio, I appreciate the rigor of your post. Good stuff. I read through it, looked up a few definitions, etc. I'm not a scientist but I am relatively quick on the uptake. It's logically consistent (don't know if right, but logical ...I'm curious. What happened with your experiment? Were you able to reduce dosing, minimise side effects, and maintain hairline/growth?

Comment

Working...