+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Dude...stop....lol

You are missing the point!

I GET IT! WE CAN ONLY KNOW FOR CERTAIN THE EFFECT ON HAIRCOUNT FOR THE DOSES THAT WERE TESTED.

BUT ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME PLEASE...

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT, IF 0.05mg/day WAS CHOSEN TO BE TESTED TOO, IT WOULD NOT PERFORM ON PAR WITH 1mg/day???

Give me a reason, BESIDES the fact that it wasn't actually tested.

I repeat, we know for a FACT that less than 1mg is not as effective as 1mg (the study I posted says that). Given that 0.05mg is < 1mg, there's strong reason to believe that it is not as effective

K01
    I do not feel safe to use the RU, I think that few studies have been done on this drug. I would venture on Finasteride with a lower dosage.

If we look at the chart that is quoted "scalp DHT", Dan26 would be right.

Really there was no difference between the dosages of 0.05mg and 1mg. When using the 0.2mg dose of DHT in the scalp was still greater, which is something strange.

I posted this study because I think that everyone takes a very high dosage without needed. Would only have to evaluate whether the study was done only in one individual or in a group.

Another thing is that here in Brazil, we have only the dosage of 1mg and 5mg. To share one 1mg tablet in half is easy, but to share 1mg in 0.05mg is virtually impossible to do it at home, and can ruin the medicine and undermine its effect.

But I agree that the graph, the same effect would 0.05mg and 1mg.

Perhaps the easiest to do and that is not in the graph would take 0.5mg every other day. I think there would be much change compared to 0.05 to 1mg.

So, in simple terms and ease of cutting, is half of a 1mg tablet a good place to start EOD or is a quarter going to be worthwhile twice a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    So, in simple terms and ease of cutting, is half of a 1mg tablet a good place to start EOD or is a quarter going to be worthwhile twice a week?
    Not sure I understand your question correctly (language problems), but it would be efficient and effective take 0.5mg every other day. In theory, it would almost the same effect as a dose of 1 mg daily.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    Not sure I understand your question correctly (language problems), but it would be efficient and effective take 0.5mg every other day. In theory, it would almost the same effect as a dose of 1 mg daily.
    It's ok Julio, we're talking about the same thing, I mean half a 1mg tablet every other day, and so do you I think. But what about a quarter of a tablet 0.25 mg every other day, or twice per week, maybe Mon and Thurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    It's ok Julio, we're talking about the same thing, I mean half a 1mg tablet every other day, and so do you I think. But what about a quarter of a tablet 0.25 mg every other day, or twice per week, maybe Mon and Thurs?
    The problem is that looking at the graphs, the comparison shows that the drug is acting on various different days of the comparison shows that the effectiveness of the scalp (we donīt know it was daily or every xxx days).

If we take the effectiveness 0.25 (or 0.2) in the graph showing the effectiveness in days, we see that with this dosage is ineffective, but we're talking systematically and not on the scalp which is where it really matters.

Moreover, checking the effectiveness of the scalp to say give 0.2 gives almost the same effect as 1 mg, but in this study did not know whether this dose was taken daily or every xxx days.

In my opinion analyzing these charts (even without having some information), it would be also interesting to use 0.25mg every day instead of 1mg every other day or every three days, but you can not say that 0.25mg two times in week would be effective. Maybe three times a week, but it certainly would be no need to do tests blood/scalp to confirm whether you would not be wasting time with such use.

Nobody will be able to definitively answer this as the studies simply have not been done. However, I don't believe that these lower doses are as effective, but if you cannot tolerate a higher dose, this may be your only choice, and it is better than nothing.

If you suffer sides and want to use fin, you should consider topical finasteride formulations - but you will need to prepare them yourself.

JulioGP - you should watch out for Cosmo Pharma - they are testing their CB 03 01 compound on humans, so that will have gone through human testing like you want.

Intesrstin KO1, W&#180;ll study this product, thank you.

If we consider that there is a proportionality, in theory it would be possible to use in this condition, my opinion.

Even though it is using a daily dose or every 3 days, the change that occurs on the scalp compared to the variation that occurs in the system is not different.

If the system there is a reduction of about 70&#37; of DHT and this remains low for a few days, the reduction will also remain on the scalp for a few days because they do not have to be different.

That's because you're attacking the DHT orally and which promotes a reduction of DHT on the scalp is primarily a change in systemic DHT.

I make it clear that this is my opinion.

So, KO1 - how long have you been on Fin, do you use generic or Propecia? When you started did you do 1mg seven days a week straight off? How has your experience with it been, all rosey? Or any negatives as well?