+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Guys can someone address why 0.05mg/day would not be the best way to take this drug?

Look at the chart, slight decrease after one dose at 0.04mg. We know that daily doses of 0.05mg cuts DHT by 50%, and Serum DHT by 62% (which is almost the same as for 1mg). So take daily doses of 0.05 and your DHT slowly decreases by 50%, rather than a rapid drop after one daily dose at a higher amount.

Someone please explain why it would not be best to do 0.05mg/day.
    Dan26,

You mean 0.5mg instead 0.05mg day?

Guys can someone address why 0.05mg/day would not be the best way to take this drug?

Look at the chart, slight decrease after one dose at 0.04mg. We know that daily doses of 0.05mg cuts DHT by 50%, and Serum DHT by 62% (which is almost the same as for 1mg). So take daily doses of 0.05 and your DHT slowly decreases by 50%, rather than a rapid drop after one daily dose at a higher amount.

Someone please explain why it would not be best to do 0.05mg/day.
    Because serum DHT concentration is not the same as hair counts. Furthermore, we know for a FACT that a dosage less than 0.2 mg daily is not as good as 1mg daily. There is no reason to believe that 0.05mg a day is advisable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Thanks guys for all the above, this stuff is frightening to me, but if i were to try it, would 0.25mg Mon and Thurs be ok do you think? I guess it's down to me to try it ultimately tho..
    This is unlikely to be effective. But you can try it if you want. Personally, what I would do if I were you and suffered sides, is take 0.25 mg about 3x a week, evaluate, and then continue to increase until you're taking 0.25mg everyday.

The problem for you is that (from what I read) you had no sides initially, but later on they developed, so in a sense, just because you tolerate it now, does not mean you will tolerate in the future. But with a lower dosage, it should be reduced. May I ask what nature of sides did you get, and how severe they were?

But it is up to you. You can take as little or as much as you want. 0.05mg, well get a microscope.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    This is unlikely to be effective. But you can try it if you want. Personally, what I would do if I were you and suffered sides, is take 0.25 mg about 3x a week, evaluate, and then continue to increase until you're taking 0.25mg everyday.

The problem for you is that (from what I read) you had no sides initially, but later on they developed, so in a sense, just because you tolerate it now, does not mean you will tolerate in the future. But with a lower dosage, it should be reduced. May I ask what nature of sides did you get, and how severe they were?
    You must be thinking of someone else mate, I've never taken the drug.

I'm always on here asking questions about it tho.

Ok, I had you mixed with Julio. Just do what you're comfortable with, but remember, 1mg is the "sweet spot" dosage for the widest group of people, you may do well on a lower dosage, you may not.

Ok, I had you mixed with Julio. Just do what you're comfortable with, but remember, 1mg is the "sweet spot" dosage for the widest group of people, you may do well on a lower dosage, you may not.
    Just want to start off at a low level really, without shocking my system, but at what level I'm not sure.. How long have you been on it? You sure sing it's praises dude

Julio, I read your post, your sides sound strong, so you may be better off using something like RU.

Because serum DHT concentration is not the same as hair counts. Furthermore, we know for a FACT that a dosage less than 0.2 mg daily is not as good as 1mg daily. There is no reason to believe that 0.05mg a day is advisable.
    Ok, but look at dose ranging studies. There is a direct correlation between SCALP DHT and HAIR COUNT. 1mg reduced scalp DHT by more than 0.2mg, and haircount is higher. Same holds true for the other doses. Makes sense, right? 0.05mg/day has only 2% less scalp DHT reduction than 1mg. It SHOULD have similar haircount, if they were to test it in dose ranging studies. AND, serum DHT is only reduced by 50%, much less than 1mg.

And how do we know for a FACT dosage less than 0.2mg daily is not as good as 1mg daily?? It wasn't even tested! Besides 0.01, which obviously blows as it was on par with placebo.

So again, if 0.05mg/day reduces SCALP SHT by almost the same as 1mg/day, what makes you think hair count would not be almost the same aswell? The fact there was no dose ranging study for 0.05/day, when they knew it reduced scalp DHT by almost he same as 1mg/day, yet serum DHT by 20% less (less side effects ), makes absolutely no sense whatsoever at all point blank period

And how do we know for a FACT dosage less than 0.2mg daily is not as good as 1mg daily?? It wasn't even tested! Besides 0.01, which obviously blows as it was on par with placebo.
    Efficacy was demonstrated for all end points for finasteride at doses of 0.2 mg/day or higher, with 1 and 5 mg demonstrating similar efficacy that was superior to lower doses. Efficacy of the 0.01 mg dose was similar to placebo. No significant safety issues were identified in the trials.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10495375