+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minox shed

Default Minox shed

Has anyone here gotten good results on minox, all the while not having a significant shed.

For the NW1-3 guys who can hide their recession to well, minox is a tricky one (especially if you are using it on your hairline). This stuff could knock you down a NW, to the point where your hair loss becomes noticeable, yet you could also end up gaining that back and more in the long run.

Interested to hear your experiences and if it was worth it. Think its safe to say for the most part, anyone who tries minox, must commit to it long term even if results are bad at first (unless they experience adverse sides)

bump ~~~

Sometimes I think Minox gave me shit results that took a LONG fvcking time for me to recover. Basically, I started using it around June, 2011 and saw my hair thin out for about a YEAR until it came back in (more or less to its original state, perhaps better) around September 2012. I switched Minoxidil from 2% to 5% in December 2012 and had a terrible shed. Essentially I looked like a NW2-3 hairline with diffuse thinnig everywhere. By around May 2013, it all came back again (so 6 months). However, in the last month, I've been shedding AGAIN quite badly.

This shit is a rollercoaster ride. I just want it to stabilize. I'm thinking of getting on a pill, probbaly dutasteride though.

So far I would say it was worth it. I recently added 3 month update pics to my introductory thread. Did I get great results? No I didn't, but there was some improvement. My hair is crap. I was almost NW6 when I finally tried something. For you guys that have just started losing your hair I would recommend you giving it a try. You have a shot to fix things before your hair turns to crap. Usually you only lose the weaker hair damaged by dht. That hair should come back.

Not glad to hear that people experience crazy sheds, but glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Been using minox on too of my head all over for 9 months and its been laced with periods of mostly high shed, some respite with low shed periods, but then back to more shedding and my hairline has thinned a lot. I hope in the coming year ill get some of it back