+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Devil's advocate:

When you think you are having symptoms, then go online and read page after page about them being due to propecia, it is easy to fall into the trap of fear, even without scientific proof. That is what scared me off of it. I had no idea what was making me feel bad and didn't even consider propecia till I went online.

On the other hand, there is no real data on all this experimental stuff. That doesn't mean it doesn't work, just means no one knows for sure. So I went back with what I know. Propecia worked well for me the first time and there is plenty of clinical trials to back up it's effectiveness. Plus it's a lot cheaper than the experimental stuff. If the experimental stuff really works, there should be clinical trials at some point...till then I will stick with what I know works for me.
    I know where you are coming from. I delayed using fin because of the horror stories. I just want to make it clear that I am not denying that fin sides can be real. I just don't believe they are as common as some try to make us believe.

I agree, experimental stuff can work. But buying stuff that needs to be mixed, and having users decide on the concentration they need. No clinical data, not very reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    No. My point is, substituting fin for an experimental drug that we know very little about it silly.
    it's not really that silly if you get sides from fin and have absolutely no choice

I just ordered a two year supply of fin. Just thought you guys might want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by hiilikeyourbeard View Post
    it's not really that silly if you get sides from fin and have absolutely no choice
    If you truly get sides from fin and seek out other options, it is not silly. Using any untested experimental drug hoping it is a safe alternative is silly. Key word being "experimental". Who the hell knows what sides(long or short term) this stuff is going to cause?!

If you truly get sides from fin and seek out other options, it is not silly. Using any untested experimental drug hoping it is a safe alternative is silly. Key word being "experimental". Who the hell knows what sides(long or short term) this stuff is going to cause?!
    there's only one way to find out. and if they're from a trusted source I highly doubt sides could be worse than an internal dht inhibitor

Is best to use fin/dut to maintain and for density, but i completely condone using experimental to attack the hairline if u start to lose ground! Of course research must be done and there must be many studies (including human ones, like CB, PSI etc) showing safety.

I think if many had the choice they would use fin/dut even if they were not approved for hairloss or did not have long term studies, lets be honest with ourselves! I believe Spencer even got a hold of fin before it went through clinical trials for hairloss.

I just ordered a two year supply of fin. Just thought you guys might want to know.
    Can I ask what it cost? I pay $27 bucks for a 4 month supply. I cut 5mg pills into 4

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Can I ask what it cost? I pay $27 bucks for a 4 month supply. I cut 5mg pills into 4

$131 and some change from inhouse. It's cool you can get a script for proscar. I will try to get one the next time I see my doc, but I doubt he will. He doesn't know a damn thing about hair loss. He didn't even want to prescribe me fin.

I am browsing this forum while I wait for my girl friend to get ready so we can go get something to eat. So while browsing the forum I notice there are so many threads that end up being used as a place to debate propecia. Well I wont even call it debate because most of the statements made are not even supported by any fact at all. It's the same guys every time, giving the same anti fin message. Spewing the same garbage each and every time. This is a hair loss forum! This is suppose to be a place where guys can come to get information and help to treat their hair loss. There are 2 things proven to work, THAT'S IT! These same guys come here and discourage people from using the only proven thing that can save their hair. There is a forum already created for this type of crap and it's called propeciahelp. That should be your home site, not this one!

I do believe some people do have sides, but I also believe that some of the sides are in the mind. Young guys want to take propecia and decide to research it and find a bunch of one sided garbage.

Just a quick little nugget of information for those that don't believe sides can be imaginary. I was listening to one of Spencers older broadcasts of the bald show and they discussed a propecia study where more guys in the placebo group claimed to be suffering sexual sides than the group actually taking propecia.

If you are on the fence trying to decide whether to take the drug, just think about that. For all you guys focusing and sides and thinking it will happen, it definitely will.