Threaded View

Default Fear of Finasteride

Now first off I want to make it clear that I understand that there are real potential side effects with the use of finasteride. I am sure there are people that have suffered these side effects and feel bad for those people.

With that out of the way. I am sick and tired of all the paranoia that has been created and spread across the internet, including this website about the use of fin. Unfortunately fin is the best(or one of the best) thing we have going when it comes to the battle of hairloss. Too many men are not using this drug because of an irrational fear of its potential side effects.

I was in the same boat as these men until this past Wednesday. I have literally been going back and fourth many times within the past week whether or not I should give fin a try. Finally I just said screw it, talked to my doctor, and got a prescription. I paid full price(67.99) for generic finasteride, and popped my first pill Wed afternoon. No sides to speak of so far. I will definitely let you know if I do experience any.

I am hoping that I can reach as many people as possible who are suffering from hairloss, and let them know that they should give fin a try. Of course talk to your doctor first and make sure you are in good health. You should follow the same advice as you would when using any prescription drug. Keep an eye on your body. If you are suffering from sides, discontinue the drug and things should be back to normal in a short time. I am not calling people who have suffered life long side effects liars, but most likely they had other stuff going on with their body to cause them to react to finasteride the way they did.

The fear of fin and even minoxidil resulted in not doing anything to attempt to stop my hairloss. Don't make the same mistake I did and wait 15 years before you decide to try the best thing we have!