+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

those things you listed happen over time. lexapro can stop your breathing and cause seizures to name a few things

Quote Originally Posted by hiilikeyourbeard View Post
    if anyone is ever afraid of side effects. look at side effects of any common anti-depressant. i looked up side effects of a medicine i take called lexapro the other day just for kicks. i about SHIT my pants
    Yes antidepressants gave me some pretty noticeable sides. The sexual sides on celexa were mainly the ones that bothered me.

I come to this forum pretty regularly. It is a shame how many people come here and continue to hurt other hair loss sufferers. This should be a place where people come to get the latest information and support from other people who are dealing with hair loss. Instead it is a place where people will do everything they can to scare people into not treating their hair loss. I was reading a thread earlier today and there was this young guy turning somebody away from fin because of sides, which he never even experienced himself. I have heard countless others doing the same thing. In almost every thread you will see some negative comments about some guys losing his D!#K or growing tits. It is just ridiculous the amount of fear that is spread through this forum.

I would be willing to bet that if you had 100 men browse this forum for a few hours then give put them on sugar pills which they believed to be finasteride, a large percentage of them would claim they now have some sort of sexual sides, brain fog, testicle shrinkage, etc.

I understand that there are some who have suffered from sides. Why this happens is another topic for another thread. For the MOST men, sides WILL NOT be an issue.

I am sorry if you are unable to use fin or refuse to do so out of fear. You are not helping anybody by steering them away from the most effective treatment that is available. How many of these people who are scared away from fin will end up finally taking it years in the future when it is way too late?

I think, especially for younger guys, or guys in early stages of hairloss, who are worried about taking fin, the situation should be approached in a more reasonable way...

eg.. Young dude not much signs of hairloss thinking of fin but scared

response: 'hey there little slugger, luckily ya still got a big ol mop up top, but if ya think your losin it, ya probably are, and it's best to start taking action now. No rush kiddo, but why dont ya head on to your doctor, have a chat, get some tests, then reevaluate. If ya decide to give fin a shot, air on the side of caution and start at a low dose '

You could argue over this approach being worthwhile, or if the science makes it reasonable/plausable, but thats not really the point. The point is to give comfort and peace of mind to a poor bloake that has yet to fully realize the impact this will have on him!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Now first off I want to make it clear that I understand that there are real potential side effects with the use of finasteride. I am sure there are people that have suffered these side effects and feel bad for those people.

With that out of the way. I am sick and tired of all the paranoia that has been created and spread across the internet, including this website about the use of fin. Unfortunately fin is the best(or one of the best) thing we have going when it comes to the battle of hairloss. Too many men are not using this drug because of an irrational fear of its potential side effects.

The fear of fin and even minoxidil resulted in not doing anything to attempt to stop my hairloss. Don't make the same mistake I did and wait 15 years before you decide to try the best thing we have!
    Drugs act differently for each person. Some people have had real problems .

About 10 years ago I had great results with propecia after trying minox alone. At that time minox was not enough. Propecia worked much better than I expected- I grew back hair more than some women have, but around 5 years I got off due to problems. Whether it was the propecia or something else I will never know for sure.

As far as the minox alone, for some that's all they can do. At some point my loss slowed down and minox alone gave me decent results. Not nearly as good as propecia but at least slowed down my progression. If they can only use minox then that is ok because it is better than doing nothing and giving up.

A few weeks ago posters in another thread convinced me to give propecia another try. But this time I am going about it slow, some would not agree but this way is better than not taking it at all. Next Sat it will be a month and if all is still well, then I will increase to 2x a week. And so on and so on.

But I am still scared so I feel for the guys who won't/can't use it.

Don't criticize them- if anything be like Desmond and gently convince them to try it in small doses like I am doing.

I am crossing my fingers I will get lucky again and in a year from now will have hair that will make women jealous

good luck to everyone no matter what course you take!

I believe that sides can be very real, and have happened to some fin users. I truly believe that, but the mass hysteria that people have created on the internet over the use of the drug is just ridiculous.

I have no problem with people being smart about fin or other prescription drugs to be honest with you. You are doing the smart thing by micro dosing and easing back into the drug. I am definitely not telling people to shove a bunch of pills down their throat.

I don't like prescription drugs, or even over the counter drugs. I don't even like taking aspirin unless completely necessary. But as far as hair loss is concerned, options are very limited. We don't need to continue to spread and scare people out of treating their hair loss.

I believe that sides can be very real, and have happened to some fin users. I truly believe that, but the mass hysteria that people have created on the internet over the use of the drug is just ridiculous.

One dr had a decent explanation about the sides. He said often a man could be developing other health issues and would get the "sides" sooner or later regardless. And propecia could be a coincidence or maybe just push them over the edge of what was going to happen anyway. He mentioned diabetes and a few years ago I was very close to developing it and did have propecia sides even thought I had been off of it for like 5 years or so at the time.
    Not saying this is true all the time, but maybe this might be true for some who have problems.

I have no problem with people being smart about fin or other prescription drugs to be honest with you. You are doing the smart thing by micro dosing and easing back into the drug. I am definitely not telling people to shove a bunch of pills down their throat.
    Agree and think maybe more people would try it if they ease into it.

I don't like prescription drugs, or even over the counter drugs. I don't even like taking aspirin unless completely necessary. But as far as hair loss is concerned, options are very limited. We don't need to continue to spread and scare people out of treating their hair loss.
    Yea I wish I didn't have to use it or anything for that matter. But even though my loss has slowed down, minox alone is not enough to stop it. For me propecia was the only thing that ever really stopped and reversed my loss both front and back.

So far so good.. will increase dose frequency starting next week.

I can't get through a day around here without having to read a post from somebody about how fin destroyed their life. It's just getting worse and worse by the day. Many of these guys will take fin, and on the first day feel a tingle in their testicles, and stop taking the med. They become the newest members of the anti-fin movement and probably create an account on the anti propecia(I don't even want to mention the name) website. The sad thing is, these are the same guys that will return to these forums years later. Only now they are more advanced on the norwood scale and ready to give fin another try. Thinking they can turn their NW5 or worse into a NW2.

I can't get through a day around here without having to read a post from somebody about how fin destroyed their life. It's just getting worse and worse by the day. Many of these guys will take fin, and on the first day feel a tingle in their testicles, and stop taking the med. They become the newest members of the anti-fin movement and probably create an account on the anti propecia(I don't even want to mention the name) website. The sad thing is, these are the same guys that will return to these forums years later. Only now they are more advanced on the norwood scale and ready to give fin another try. Thinking they can turn their NW5 or worse into a NW2.
    At this point I know of no side effect that would stop me from continuing dut/fin. Hair is so important to image....I used to worry about gyno but compared to going bald it is nothing
    Persistent ED would suck but I am not worried about that.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Yes, I believe there are sides also but like mentioned above. The drug works different for different people. The fear does not help and makes people believe they are deeper in the hole than they actually are. Anything is more likely to get a bad review when there has been a negative experience or just people spreading fear from hatred or whatever the reason may be.

Look at reviews for restaurants for example, they usually have more negative reviews than good. And if they are as bad as people say they are, the place wouldn't have been open for so long and be losing money. I usually do a quick glance at a place before I order from them and see a lot of negative things and usually about 80% of the time, its not as bad as people claim to be. And if it turns out good, no one really, except for a select few actually feels the need to tell others how good its been because it satisfied their taste buds decides to put up a positive review to help others decide. Its easier to have the urge to put things down.

Different people have different views, some are pessimistic, some are optimistic, while others are neutral and this greatly affects the judgement of a certain topic , etc for others. Theres not much we can do but offer our own experiences and try to use that as evidence for a positive benefit. Thats why the world is in such a shithole; everyone thinks they are right.