+ Reply to Thread

Default Why are sheds rarely reported in minoxidil studies?

But so many ancedotal reports say minoxidil caused a shed?

I've recently started minoxidil and I'm getting cold feet from the prospect of going through a massive shed.

I know shedding isn't necessarily a bad thing but I'm not at a point right now where I'm willing to let my hair go to shit for a few months before it gets better, after I finish university in a years time I'd happily suffer a shed on the way towards regrowth but not right now. Sorry if that sounds vain but it's how I feel.

Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is if shedding from minoxidil is as common as it appears? Or do a lot of people get regrowth without an initial shed?

i believe it comes down to the phase in which your hairs are currently in. Us baldies tend to have a lot more hairs in telogen phase than the average person which get pushed out and results in a big shed. If a normal person (lol) used minox, they too would liekly notice a shed but not nearly as bad as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    i believe it comes down to the phase in which your hairs are currently in. Us baldies tend to have a lot more hairs in telogen phase than the average person which get pushed out and results in a big shed. If a normal person (lol) used minox, they too would liekly notice a shed but not nearly as bad as ours.
    Yes, and after a while the hair cycles can become sync'd so they all enter shed phase at the same time. Not fun when that happens.