+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Starting RU Tomorrow - Help me Dose

Hey guys,

I am starting RU tomorrow. Got 10g from Kane and it was a good experience. Got to Texas in about 6 days!

I am wanting to do a 5% strength mix, so 50mg per 1ml of vehicle. However, I am wanting to apply 100mg total per day. I want to do 1ml on the sides of my head, and 1ml on the top of my head for a total of 100mg. Should this be alright?

I believe RU only affects the areas that it touches, so I believe this should be ok (in other words, it doesn't soak into the scalp and then effectively turn into 100mg all over my head, it would still be 50mg all around, and I just need the 2ml of vehicle to get it spread over a large area).

Also, I am documenting everything (with pics) so we should have some more results/non results.

Quote Originally Posted by thatkidd View Post
    Hey guys,

I am starting RU tomorrow. Got 10g from Kane and it was a good experience. Got to Texas in about 6 days!

I am wanting to do a 5% strength mix, so 50mg per 1ml of vehicle. However, I am wanting to apply 100mg total per day. I want to do 1ml on the sides of my head, and 1ml on the top of my head for a total of 100mg. Should this be alright?

I believe RU only affects the areas that it touches, so I believe this should be ok (in other words, it doesn't soak into the scalp and then effectively turn into 100mg all over my head, it would still be 50mg all around, and I just need the 2ml of vehicle to get it spread over a large area).

Also, I am documenting everything (with pics) so we should have some more results/non results.
    Are you mixing a batch every day? I do enough for four days, so I do 400mg and 4ml K&B giving me a stronger concentration. That's 100mg per 1ml or 10%

If you want a 5% mix done twice daily and you are mixing it daily you will need 100mg and 2ml of your solution

If say you are doing 4 days, like me but at 5%, twice daily its going to be, 400mg with 8ml or double the solution I use.

Feel free to weigh in posters of TBT if I have this wrong.

You are getting 5% mix onto your head daily, but its still 100mg of RU. Personally I would just go with one 100mg application of 10% as you are doing two 5%'s anyway. It seems like a lot of solution to me but hey its a personal choice.

Best of luck to ya brother.

One tip for you, sometimes I find the RU runs of and onto my forehead and gets near my eyes and as a result there has been dark circles lately. Now I use a head band with some tissue trapped underneath directly below the hairline to prevent any run off getting near my eyes. I also tilt my head so it runs to the side or backwards to avoid the waste of RU.

Hey guys,

I am wanting to do a 5% strength mix, so 50mg per 1ml of vehicle.
    I want to do 1ml on the sides of my head, and 1ml on the top of my head for a total of 100mg.
    Why would you put it on the side of your head? If those hairs are going to be affected it will be a very long time. It seems like just more chance of systemic absorption for a problem you don't have.

Also, I would not recommend starting with 100mg/day. You have no idea if you will have a negative reaction. why not 25mg x 2 a day and make sure you are good for the first month. Then increment as you want.

I am only going to be applying once, at night. So I think I will take advice to start at the lower 50mg dosage for a week or two and then possibly up it.

I will be mixing for 4 days (Sunday night through Wednesday) then 3 days (Thursday night through Saturday).

Good luck with the RU applications . If you wouldnt mind keeping us updated here with pictures, that would be wonderful .!

Will do.

So I plan to keep the RU in a unclear bottle with ziplock bags around it in the freezer. However, once I make my 4 day batches, I plan to keep that in a drawer in my bathroom. Once the RU dissolves is it still important to keep it away from light? I would think not, as Hellouser keeps his daily batches in a clear plastic/glass container.

I'm having a hard time finding small glass containers, so will probably order some on Amazon. Right now I have some Everclear in one small gladware container, PG in another gladware container, and plan to make my first 4 day batch in another small gladware container. Hope that is alright.

What's the method of applying both RU and Minox at night? In the morning I'm just doing Minox, so it wont be an issue then.

I know Hellouser does RU, then waits about 5 hours, washes hair, and applies CB and then Minox. I'm not doing CB though, so not sure if I need to wash my hair in between (I hope not)

Will do.

So I plan to keep the RU in a unclear bottle with ziplock bags around it in the freezer. However, once I make my 4 day batches, =
    Just tossing it out there. I make a week batch of measure RU in small pouches and keep them in the freezer. Then at night I just take a bag, add about 1.5ml of Minox and it 2 minutes it is disolved. Pretty effortless.

Quote Originally Posted by marikeo View Post
    Just tossing it out there. I make a week batch of measure RU in small pouches and keep them in the freezer. Then at night I just take a bag, add about 1.5ml of Minox and it 2 minutes it is disolved. Pretty effortless.
    So basically, you mix your RU fresh each night but measure it all out on one night? That is a good idea to make very fresh batches...

And you just use 1.5ml of Minox as your vehicle? Is that as good as ever clear and PG? That would be great because then I would get RU and Minox at the same time. If I do them separate, can I just apply Minox right after RU?

Thanks for the tips and help

Also I'll add, that tonight was my second application, and I feel there were more hairs on my fingers after I applied then on day 1 with RU or anytime with minox. Some shed I definitely won't mind as it generally means its working, but one day seems soon.