+ Reply to Thread

Default For those buying or considering buying drugs from "online pharmacies"

You might want to read this article:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/27/health...epharmclose10p

Seriously guys, if you're gonna take a prescription drug, go to a local pharmacy or order from a LEGIT online pharmacy (i.e. one that requires prescriptions). Don't gamble your health/life for your hair. If you really want to take Propecia, Dut, or whatever, then don't be a cheap-ass; be willing to drop a few hundred on a clinic visit, get a prescription and get your meds from a regulated pharmacy. A 4-month supply of generic 5 mg finasteride is $9 at Target for christ sake!

I have started Dutagen from inhouse (on top of rx Avodart & Proscar from pharmacy). I did this to save money since Avo is expensive. But I do worry about Dutagen being fake ,the wrong dose, containing hazardous material, etc.

I need to send it in to get lab tested.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TheNitwon View Post

Seriously guys, if you're gonna take a prescription drug, go to a local pharmacy or order from a LEGIT online pharmacy (i.e. one that requires prescriptions). Don't gamble your health/life for your hair. If you really want to take Propecia, Dut, or whatever, then don't be a cheap-ass; be willing to drop a few hundred on a clinic visit, get a prescription and get your meds from a regulated pharmacy. A 4-month supply of generic 5 mg finasteride is $9 at Target for christ sake!
    I appreciate your sharing this article.

I would suggest that the decision to buy certain medications online is more a reflection of the greed and bureaucracy tied to the insurance and drug industry (particularly in the United States). In the U.S. many folks, especially those on fixed incomes drive to Canada with prescription in hand, walk into a REAL pharmacy and save up to 85% on their medications.

As one who has found himself recently disabled and living on a budget, is it morally acceptable that I should have to pay $145.00 a month (with insurance) for Dutasteride? Should I pay $230.00 (with insurance) for a weeks supply of eye drops to treat an infection. The better question, CAN I AFFORD to pay these overinflated prices?

Sadly, many who are financially challenged are driven to taking chances with their very lives by purchasing pharmaceuticals online... Not by choice but rather out of desperation.

One final question to ponder, while exotic sports cars and multimillion dollar mansions may be considered a luxury, should prescription medication to treat a condition, even something like MPB, be a considered a luxury that only the wealthy can afford?

Quote Originally Posted by gsr852 View Post
    I appreciate your sharing this article.

I would suggest that the decision to buy certain medications online is more a reflection of the greed and bureaucracy tied to the insurance and drug industry (particularly in the United States). In the U.S. many folks, especially those on fixed incomes drive to Canada with prescription in hand, walk into a REAL pharmacy and save up to 85% on their medications.

As one who has found himself recently disabled and living on a budget, is it morally acceptable that I should have to pay $145.00 a month (with insurance) for Dutasteride? Should I pay $230.00 (with insurance) for a weeks supply of eye drops to treat an infection. The better question, CAN I AFFORD to pay these overinflated prices?

Sadly, many who are financially challenged are driven to taking chances with their very lives by purchasing pharmaceuticals online... Not by choice but rather out of desperation.

One final question to ponder, while exotic sports cars and multimillion dollar mansions may be considered a luxury, should prescription medication to treat a condition, even something like MPB, be a considered a luxury that only the wealthy can afford?
    rx drug prices are f*cked beyond belief, at least in the USA. I was floored when a Euro guy on this forum (German I think?) said Avodart at his local pharmacy was like $120 for a 90-day supply. As you have said we pay that much every month here (I have insurance too, but it will not cover this)

Propecia for 70/month is what it costs in the US, and my doctor didnt know what proscar was......that's my issue with Merck....why the **** do they need to charge that high?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNitwon View Post

I have a prescription for finasteride, but for the 1mg tablets. Do Dr's prescribe the 5mg dose for hair loss?

Is $70 a month worth it to grow some hair back...yeah. Still a pretty steep price though.