+ Reply to Thread

Default Temple Transplant

Lets say you have temple recession and have yet to stabilize your hair loss, wouldn't it still be ok to get a small HT to bring in your receded temples (temples + sides of head up to where your sides meet your top)? Even if you end up losing it all and shaving your head, it wouldn't really look that wierd. I see a lot of NW4+ who still have very strong temples, and assuming you get FUE, it wouldn't look odd if you have further loss and end up shaving your head. Also temples are very hard to regrow once lost, so why not get it out of the way, I believe there is very small risk and moderate reward!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Lets say you have temple recession and have yet to stabilize your hair loss, wouldn't it still be ok to get a small HT to bring in your receded temples (temples + sides of head up to where your sides meet your top)? Even if you end up losing it all and shaving your head, it wouldn't really look that wierd. I see a lot of NW4+ who still have very strong temples, and assuming you get FUE, it wouldn't look odd if you have further loss and end up shaving your head. Also temples are very hard to regrow once lost, so why not get it out of the way, I believe there is very small risk and moderate reward!
    If you're experiencing progressive loss it's not the best idea to transplant your temples , even with FUE. If you continue to recede it will look more odd than you think to have basically two clumps of hair at each corner of your head and bare scalp in the middle. Even if you decide to shave, that shadow will always be there. I don't think this is a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    If you're experiencing progressive loss it's not the best idea to transplant your temples , even with FUE. If you continue to recede it will look more odd than you think to have basically two clumps of hair at each corner of your head and bare scalp in the middle. Even if you decide to shave, that shadow will always be there. I don't think this is a good plan.
    unless you plan to get SMP when you shave too...

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I dunno man I have seen guys with extensive loss who still have prominent temples. I'm not talking about touching the hairline at all, strictly the temples and slightly above them. Almost as if your framing your face slightly better by bringing in the 'sides', which does make a big aesthetic difference IMO. Though the bigger aesthetic difference is bringing down the hairline or 'top' to frame the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    I dunno man I have seen guys with extensive loss who still have prominent temples. I'm not talking about touching the hairline at all, strictly the temples and slightly above them. Almost as if your framing your face slightly better by bringing in the 'sides', which does make a big aesthetic difference IMO. Though the bigger aesthetic difference is bringing down the hairline or 'top' to frame the face.
    I think I may have misunderstood you than, if you are talking about filling in the temple region on the sides of your head to make you a nw0...that is a terrible idea and will look very unnatural when you lose more...or even if a cure comes out and you have a full head of hair for your life...it won't look good when you are 50