+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Do you know what, this garbage was being fed to Chrisis. Exactly this, before he hopped onto the drug.

Once his body ****ed up, none of you pro fin brigade could help him get back to normal. It's like - your problem mate. You were the 5%.

And sure there is probably a good chance that I may fall into the 95%, but again, do I really want to play russian roulette?
    It is IRRELEVANT that Chrisis went through it. One anecdote is not a good enough basis to disregard the tons of empirical evidence that confirms this drug's safety.

Sure, some people have been screwed by the drug, but a LOT more are going to be screwed by NOT taking the drug - young men rapidly losing their hair, I'm talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    No, a 5% incidence of sides is not high, and most sides dissipate after cessation of treatment, making persistent sides even smaller.

That makes this a safe drug, and a great solution for hair loss. Try to grasp that. The vast majority of people will take with no issue, and almost every prescription drug has sides of some sort, finasteride is not alone in that.

But I guess we can sit around and pray for HistoAderFollica?

It is only a safe drug, if unlike Chrisis you dont experience any sides at all.

And even then, I have read loads of stories where the guy is in denial due to the fear of losing their hair, but is actually suffering from sides. Like the guy I posted about earlier.

This is not a safe drug. Taking an asprin wont kill your dick.

Sorry I am not clear on this Dr Nigam. Looks suspect to me at first glance.

So he can clone hair?....

Then why are the examples on his website so poor, so many of them you can barely see a difference and if he can multiply hair then why aren't people having their whole heads done.

When is Dr Cole meeting with him?

Has anyone on here had work done with Nigam or planning to?

This is a safe drug because the vast majority of people have no problem with it. All drugs have sides. Grasp that.

Men who are rapidly losing their hair - should stop praying for these treatments and address the situation with what we have.

It is IRRELEVANT that Chrisis went through it. One anecdote is not a good enough basis to disregard the tons of empirical evidence that confirms this drug's safety.
    And what about the others?

I guess Chrisis is the only one to ever suffer from sides, right?

Sure, some people have been screwed by the drug, but a LOT more are going to be screwed by NOT taking the drug - young men rapidly losing their hair, I'm talking to you.
    And this is why it is making Merck money. Men are taking it out of fear of losing their hair. Not because it is safe.

I am sure most men taking propecia would ditch it in a heartbeat if a much safer effective alternative was on the market.

This is a safe drug because the vast majority of people have no problem with it. All drugs have sides. Grasp that.

Men who are rapidly losing their hair - should stop praying for these treatments and address the situation with what we have.
    Yes all drugs have sides, but some are safer then others.

An asprin for example hasn't got erectile dysfunction/depression/brain fog/man tits as potential side effects.

It sucks that men are still resorting to propecia due to the fear of losing their hair.

By rx drug standards fin seems safe and well understood. Even compared to stuff like accutane or antidepressants it is mild.

However it really does suck for people who get persistent sides. Hormone meds can throw your endocrine system out of whack if you are one of the unlucky ones, definitely. Some women will experience this on birth control plls as another example.

It comes down to priorities. Many men would not take a .01% risk of persistent sexual sides to keep their hair. On the other hand, I would take oral DHT inhibs even with a 30% risk of lasting sides

100% chance would be pushing it. Though I might still go for it once I saw that NW3 milestone creeping up on me

Edit- I do think docs should do a better job explaining the risks. The 1st doc who prescribed me fin literally said the only side effect she knew of was reduced ejaculate!
    However this is why people should be reading the product literature (which I usually do not)

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    By rx drug standards fin seems safe and well understood. Even compared to stuff like accutane or antidepressants it is mild.

However it really does suck for people who get persistent sides. Hormone meds can throw your endocrine system out of whack if you are one of the unlucky ones, definitely. Some women will experience this on birth control plls as another example.

It comes down to priorities. Many men would not take a .01% risk of persistent sexual sides to keep their hair. On the other hand, I would take oral DHT inhibs even with a 30% risk of lasting sides

100% chance would be pushing it. Though I might still go for it once I saw that NW3 milestone creeping up on me
    I have slow hairloss, NW2 - mature hairline at 27. Judging from my older bother's here (a year older), that has a similar hair loss pattern, it looks as though I wont lose my hair anytime soon. (knock wood)

Fin is basically the last resort, and I am very pissed off that there isnt a better alternative for the reasons you have stated. Because I would take it in a heart beat and go for a HT to get back down to a NW1

The same goes for anti depressents, I would not ever touch them if I were very depressed.

Jesus!! CAN WE PLEASE STOP LITTERING THREADS WITH PROPECIA DEBATES????

^What else are we going to discuss? Histogen failing? Replicel failing? ARI failing?

For the vast majority of the balding population, the solution to hair loss is early detection + fin usage + HT. If you fall outside that, then you need to pray for these treatments.