+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

You guys really need to get a room

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    If you want this forum to be just about what YOU think, maybe you should start a blog.
    If you want to scare guys out of taking a beneficial drug just to satiate your fear of it, then go to propeciahelp.com. They will love you over there.

You don't take fin, never have, know nothing about the drug, yet you incessantly post information that is flatly untrue, you scare people about it "fin is poison!". Why? Did you get secondhand side effects?

If you choose not to take fin, go on with your life, stop telling people to not take the medication.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    If you want to scare guys out of taking a beneficial drug just to satiate your fear of it, then go to propeciahelp.com. They will love you over there.

You don't take fin, never have, know nothing about the drug, yet you incessantly post information that is flatly untrue, you scare people about it "fin is poison!". Why? Did you get secondhand side effects?
    Nope I will never take fin because of this:

Genitourinary side effects have included impotence (1.1% to 18.5%), abnormal ejaculation (7.2%), decreased ejaculatory volume (0.9% to 2.8%), abnormal sexual function (2.5%), gynecomastia (2.2%), erectile dysfunction (1.3%), ejaculation disorder (1.2%), and testicular pain.
    Nervous system side effects including decreased libido (1.6% to 10.0%), dizziness (7.4%), and somnolence (1.7%) have been reported.
    Cardiovascular side effects including postural hypotension (9.1%) and hypotension (1.2%) have been reported.

Oh and then there's increased risk of cancer.

I'd rather go bald than take those risks. You feel that keeping your hair is more important so you take fin. Perfectly fine with me. But I hate repeating myself and we're only running in circles so I'm afraid you'll need to find somebody else to satisfy your hobby.

That data is flat out wrong, I've pointed it out to you before, but you keep posting it. Nevertheless, I'll refresh your memory. What study is it from? Is it a double blind study? Single blind? Public opinion poll? Who is the treatment population? You have no answer.

"1.1% to 18.5%"...which one btw? 1.1% or 18.5%? LMAO.

Your problem is that double blind, placebo controlled studies, all place the incidence of sides at about 5%...but we can't let data get in the way of a good sob story.

Furthermore, who the hell are you to decide for others whether a 0.1% chance of PFS is worth it? You keep saying it's not worth it to you, then why are you constantly telling others to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    That data is flat out wrong, I've pointed it out to you before, but you keep posting it.

"1.1% to 18.5%"...which one btw? 1.1 or 18.5%? LMAO.
    Yeah i keep posting it because it is THE website for adverse side effects. Obviously there's a good deal of variance in study results. Just one of the many reasons I don't trust Merck's study's for a bit. Anyway ... BYE

Again, why are you so passionate about this? You don't take fin, will never take fin, but you love posting. Why?

Yeah i keep posting it because it is THE website for adverse side effects. Obviously there's a good deal of variance in study results. Just one of the many reasons I don't trust Merck's study's for a bit. Anyway ... BYE
    You still havent answered my question on the source for that data. Where is it?

Some people get sides others don't, some people chose to take it others don't its a personal choice that people should research, I don't get sides and it stopped my hair loss but others will not be as lucky, people have to decide for themselves! I think that pretty much sums it up

now can we please get back on topic

I took fin for 4 months at a low dose and had sides . I strongly believe fin sides are understated by merck.

Don't forget to mention depression and permanent ED. These were side effects of Fin that were not known years ago. They were not acknowleged by the company - yet they ran many clinical trials. How is that so? According to KO's logic, if the studies don't show an incidence rate or the rate is low for a particular side effect, it's a non-issue and anyone complaining of such things should check themselves into a nut house. After many years on the market the company "suddenly" started acknowledging that there are other side effects that they weren't aware of. Depression has been added (after it was already on the market) to propecias list of possible side effects This is due to the fact that their knowledge of the drug is not 100% complete. Even after being studied extensively. What else don't they know about this drug?

Any drug which which interferes with an enzyme that sits at the crossroads of multiple biochemical pathways is going to have unanticipated side effects. Some, which may not show up for years. Some which may not show up until the drug is withdrawn. Others which are difficult for the patient to assess because of gradual onset. It's nearly impossible to find these things out under the constraints of a double blind, placebo controlled study .

DHT is an important hormone. Proceed with caution if you plan to inhibit it in your body.